Anybody having problems with iHeartradio? I try to start this app, it locks onto the station while bufferering the just stops. Nothing plays. Anyone else seen this?
    04-07-10 11:55 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been answered...

I'm running 5.0.0.428 leak and want to upgrade to this offical release. Do I have to downgrade to the original 5.0.0.320 or can I just upgrade from here? Also if I do have to downgrade where can I download that os at? It doesn't give me the option in desktop manager.

Thanks!
    04-07-10 12:19 PM
    Hey guys...how is the bottom button issue on 607? I'm still on 320 and am scared to change based on what I've been reading in the forums...but I haven't come across if anyone is having better luck with their send/end buttons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 12:32 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been answered...

I'm running 5.0.0.428 leak and want to upgrade to this offical release. Do I have to downgrade to the original 5.0.0.320 or can I just upgrade from here? Also if I do have to downgrade where can I download that os at? It doesn't give me the option in desktop manager.

Thanks!
    If you are going to upgrade via OTA you need to downgrade to .320. However, you can download .607 to your PC, install on your PC, and install the same way you installed .428 (you can do this method without downgrading first).
    04-07-10 12:33 PM
    I'm not sure I fully understand this question, but if I am understanding correctly, you don't necessarily have to wipe your device before updating. Some like to do that and say it avoids problems, but my guess is, most people don't do that (I did not and had no problems). It's ALWAYS a good idea to do a backup before upgrading an OS, isht does happen, but in the upgrade process to the new OS, a backup is made during installation. All contacts, email messages, software/apps, etc. were restored automatically. Any 3rd party apps you've purchased that require activation/registration will require that you re-register, so have your registration keys handy (if you purchased something from the Crackberry App store, just log in to your account at the App Store page and all your registration keys/activation codes will be there). Again, do a backup with your DM first though, just in case.

Ive never done this so here is a noob question

When i wipe memory back to out of box status.. And i update through DM..
    Will it have all my contacts and such, how do i restore that with out restoring my phone, and it having the old software?

Sry if dumb Question
    04-07-10 12:37 PM
    google maps has just come out with an update. Downloading it now to see if it corrects the lockup issue with popular catorgies search.

it still doesn't work with update to google maps
    Last edited by aguiar0016; 04-07-10 at 12:52 PM.
    04-07-10 12:45 PM
    If you are going to upgrade via OTA you need to downgrade to .320. However, you can download .607 to your PC, install on your PC, and install the same way you installed .428 (you can do this method without downgrading first).
    Thanks! So as long as I download and install though desktop manager I won't have to downgrade? Ill give it a go
    04-07-10 01:12 PM
    I have read where others are having the problem with BBM where the keyboard won't pop up if you enter threw the messages folder, and that you have to go threw BBW directly. I can't get the keyboard to pop up at all when i go into BBW and try and open one of my group chats. Any ideas?
    04-07-10 02:21 PM
    In bbm groups when I press the alt or symbol buttons nothing happens. But if I hold it down and press a letter I get the equivalent as if it is working. Also in groups when I go landscape I don't always keep a full key board at the bottom. Seems crunched together.

04-07-10 02:34 PM
    WeatherBug Elite maps not displaying for Radar Information (already knew that the display update didn't work) only image is XX. May be related to Bing not loading.

Bing not loading - didn't need it before. Doesn't configure and screen stays at 0% before vanishing.
    I have the same issue with Weatherbug Elite. With Bing, I was prompted to download a new version this morning, which I did. Now it works, but it asks permission to access GPS and/or my phone if I look at maps. I assume these will be worked out eventually.

The bottom buttons work much better for me with this OS. They were stiff under .320.

In general, I'm pleased with this release. The phone seems a bit faster. Hopefully it will be more stable as well.
    04-07-10 02:35 PM
    Sorry to see someone else had the hosed Calendar issues. I found out that after the update my default Calendar had changed to GMail from Outlook (never ever had a GMail Calendar). This was confirmed after setting it correctly in the device and getting an "Are you sure" message when synching with my PC. I had several duplicates and other weird things but seems to be OK now.
    Deleting one of the duplicate calendar entries, if it was a non-recurring event, the delete went ok.

However, when I attempted to delete a duplicate recurring event, it deleted both. And neither one was showing up in Outlook 2003.

As stated my previous post, I ended up retsoring my calendar from DM.

Good Luck
    04-07-10 03:34 PM
    Hey guys...how is the bottom button issue on 607? I'm still on 320 and am scared to change based on what I've been reading in the forums...but I haven't come across if anyone is having better luck with their send/end buttons.

My screen is better. And no issues with the send/end buttons.

Good luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04-07-10 at 04:09 PM.
    04-07-10 03:35 PM
    Has anyone else noticed the texting lag I feel like its a little behind. And also whenever you open up a new text you just got, the keyboard doesn't automatically open up like it used to. You have to press the keyboard button in the lower left corner and that's kinda annoying.

04-07-10 03:39 PM
    I downloaded the new OS and now when I try to open the browser i get this message " This is a Wi-Fi Service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again" Why wont it let me use my 3G like before i made the update. PLEASE HELP!!!
    04-07-10 04:31 PM
    I also have 2 gmail icons, 2 browser icons and 2 Picture icons. Why is that???
    04-07-10 04:38 PM
    After reading all of these pages, I am going to stay with .517 it works great, I do not need the calendar, battery drain and other problems.
    04-07-10 04:41 PM
    To many problems using my bluetooth with .607. Low volume, static etc..
    Downgraded OS a few minutes ago and they went away!
    04-07-10 05:26 PM
    I have read all 25 pp and haven't seen my main problem with the OS .607; the speaker on my phone does not work. I LOVED the speaker on my Storm I. I could set my phone on my car console and have a great conversation while I drove. When I moved to Storm 2 last Nov, there was a HUGE difference, but I have put up with it. Now this new OS completely does away with the speaker function. I really struggle hearing conversations holding the phone to my ear. Anyone else having this problem?

Two other issues I suspect are related to the theme I am using. My mail icon was live when I first downloaded the OS but after 2 battery pulls is faded. it still works, however. Also while tethered to my laptop 1/2 the S2 screen shows the screensaver, the other 1/2 shows the keyboard. Both minor issues. As mentioned I miss the screen lock icon but suspect they decided we don't need it with the fix for the button they provided?

The speaker not working is a huge problem for me. Any ideas would be helpful. Mostly I LOVE this OS. The keyboard and touch screen are so much better. I wish Verizon would provide a little more support to go with it. They don't even clue you in where to look for info. Honestly, we would all be having a different experience if it wasn't for Crackberry!
    04-07-10 06:38 PM
    Upgraded last night. The phone is more responsive, the browser is faster and I'm ecstatic that lock button works like it's supposed to.

My problem is Bluetooth. With .320 when I initiated the connection from my car's stereo the phone would start playing music thru the phone's speaker for 1-3 seconds and then it would play thru the car's speakers. Now when I do this the music just plays on the phone. If I initiate the connection from the phone it works w/out any problems. Anyone else having bluetooth problems?
    04-07-10 06:45 PM
    Just upgraded from .320 to the official .607...WOW! From a guy who has been walking on egg shells about this upgrade I must say I am impressed. So far, this is like getting a new phone. The screen works the way it should...very responsive and typing was always good, now it's even better! Great stuff!
    04-07-10 09:35 PM
    To many problems using my bluetooth with .607. Low volume, static etc..
    Downgraded OS a few minutes ago and they went away!
    Had this problem on .517 and .607 with my Alpine handsfree BT unit. I am still on .607 and changed a couple of setting in BT properties. I think the big one is to turn off encryption. I also turned off echo control. I used my BT about 2 hours a day in the car. I haven't had any compliants since I made these changes.

Mike
    04-08-10 07:34 AM
    I had the lock icon prior to upgrading to .607 but now it's gone. Suggestions?
    04-08-10 08:03 AM
    Had this problem on .517 and .607 with my Alpine handsfree BT unit. I am still on .607 and changed a couple of setting in BT properties. I think the big one is to turn off encryption. I also turned off echo control. I used my BT about 2 hours a day in the car. I haven't had any compliants since I made these changes.

Mike
    I made the changes and my clients still said I was broken up. The volume was also still much lower. This is my main business phone so I'm forced to stay with .320. (I'm using a plantronics voyager)

Thanks anyway
    04-08-10 08:42 AM
    Sorry Newbee ?'s here.

I installed .607 OTA and it went smooth only questions are:

Why my calendar is way slow to respond even after several battery pulls?

Also if I delete the previous .320 from the phone to gain memory Can I still downgrade if necessary in the future via Desktop Messenger?

Thanks for everyone's input it helps tremendously.
    04-08-10 09:08 AM
    So, my Memory is down to a mere 84 and it was 100+ before hand... why?

I tried deleting the downgrade file, but I dont have that option in the menu even tho I was OTA and yet my memory is still down a lot.
    Last edited by evl mnky; 04-08-10 at 11:14 AM.
    04-08-10 10:47 AM
432 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD