I appreciate everybody's help, but when I go to Wireless update, it only tells me what the current version is and that the previous update was succeeded. No option to delete the downgrade file......

Other than that, I don't know how soo many people are having problems. I have 5 more mb's of memory, the scrolling and typing are faster. No Battery leakage issues, no contacts issue, Opera Mini issues, or anything else.

All in all, a gift from Verizon and RIM!
    go to wireless up date and hit the BB menu there should be a delete downgrade file. select it
    04-06-10 04:13 PM
    I like the new update. I did it OTA and everything I use and have works fine except all my contacts disappeared except for one. However since I used Gmail I just downloaded Google sync and reinstalled my contacts. If that didn't work I would have just went home and used my backup on my DM. I would not recommend anyone use OTA unless they have a current (third party apps too) backup available.
    04-06-10 04:18 PM
    Ahh OS has truly brought out the beauty of my S2!

*Broswer is faster!
    *Highlight on the keyboard letters while typing seems more bright.
    *No sticky buttons, typing seems too just be a breeze now. The keyboard has too be my favorite part of the update.
    *Screen seems too be more sensitive
    *Letters & numbers seem to be more bold while in a active call, makes for a more organized look
    *SMS msgs show up on hidden themes when you touch the SMS icon, kinda like when you touch the calendar icon , not sure why but I like this haha
    *Battery holds great, I also noticed it seems too charge up faster as well
    *The over all feel of the phone seems more comfortable

- With that said there are many more improvements. This is just what I've really noticed since my upgrade lastnight. You will notice a difference. There is defiantly more pros than cons to this new OS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 04:20 PM
    Upgraded from 517 to leaked 607, downgraded to 517 again and finally upgraded to the "offic1al" 607 using DM.

.607 is just a great upgrade. My BB feels like new. Everything is smooth and responsive. This was not the case when I installed the leaked 607. I think the fault was by the stability of my carrier on that moment because 607 = 607 right? (unless they work with "builds")

I don't think its a swell idea to upgrade your OS using OTA. DM gives you much more control over the situation.

I'm glad I switched back to .607

But no one has yet answered if the upgrade form .517 to .607 is different or worth the upgrade. Can someone answer this, please?
    04-06-10 04:32 PM
    I'm very confused by this post and, unfortunately, it falls into my "rather than do a little research on your own, you want others to make your decisions for you" category.

I have a suggestion: Download it and try it for yourself, AFTER you've read all of the pros and cons posts (assuming you have an S2 as your profile is showing an S1).

But no one has yet answered if the upgrade form .517 to .607 is different or worth the upgrade. Can someone answer this, please?
    04-06-10 04:37 PM
    I notice a lot of people having problems with this new update. What everyone needs to remember is although we all have Storm 2's, they're also all different. Everyone has "customized" their device to meet their needs. This is why not everyone is sharing the same results. Here is what I recommend you do to ensure you get the full benefits of this new update:

1 - Backup all data you wish to keep. You can do this a number of ways, one of the easiest is to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you don't know how there's posts here in Crackberry or you can check out Blackberry's knowledge articles. *You should take this opportunity to trim down. If you don't use it, get rid of it.

2 - Remove your memory card and reset your device to it's factory shipped condition, just like it was when you first turned it on. This will ensure no settings or apps interfere with the update. You can do this by going to Options-Security Options-Security Wipe

3 - Update your device. There's a couple ways you can do this, OTA: Options-Advanced Options-Wireless update. If the wireless update option isn't there, you will need to resend service books, or you can use BlackBerry DM (which is faster) Both procedures are covered here on Crackberry if you need help

4 - Once the update is complete and your device starts up for the first time, set it up and register your apps (don't download any yet, just the ones that are already on it) Once you've done this, take note of your application memory.

5 - Do a battery pull. When your device boots check your app memory, it should be much higher. Now, use your device a LOT. Make sure everything is working like it should. I say this because if your device is working properly now but not after you've restored all the apps & files, it's more than likely you have an incompatible application or a corrupt file. If everything is good so far go ahead and restore the files & apps you backed up earlier. Register all your apps, verify all your files are restored and replace your memory card. Again, if everything is good, do one last battery pull.

If you have apps from BlackBerry App World, open BBAW, go to My World, click the menu button and Log In, there you can redownload your apps and it will give you any key codes you need to re-register your apps.

I guarantee this will fix 90-95% of all the problems people are having with this update.

**By the way, I can't believe nobody has mentioned of the biggest improvements on this new update, THE LOCK BUTTON! It works instantly now. It's about time it works like it's supposed to. This is the OS the Storm 2 should've shipped with. Much, much better than .302!
    thanks lshartle. I've been meaning to delete like 6 apps from my phone before I installed the OS. Can't really say what's improved here. I'll try to post back later on some of my findings.
    04-06-10 05:56 PM
    everyone elses phones take about 10min to reboot after a batt pull? Mine takes 9min and change..

Ive had this storm2 for a few months now and have always hated how long it took.
    I dont remember the storm1's taking this long, but then again i had a new OS on my storm1 like every other week

Not a huge fan of the smaller letters on .607's keyboard, but oh well.
    Last edited by romajr86; 04-06-10 at 06:22 PM.
    04-06-10 06:20 PM
    After installing the new update this morning, I am unable to get my keyboard to come up in the BBM chats. I have also gone to AppWorld and updated BBM, and it did not change anything. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it?
    I just had the same problem. If you're accessing the chat from the Messages, it doesn't pop up. But if you access the chat going through your Instant messaging folder to bbm and then to the chat, it'll pop up that way.
    Last edited by fa_three; 04-06-10 at 07:29 PM.
    04-06-10 07:16 PM

Changes I've seen so far:
    • The blue glow on the keyboard is a little bit different and the letters are smaller and each box is a little further apart
    • Typing speed is faster - I don't have to wait for it to catch up with me
    • When I initially lock my device, it doesn't require a password to unlock it, just makes you press the power button; it all depends on what your setting for "lock out" time on the Password settings is.
    • Seems like the bottom left corner screen issues are fixed?
    • In the Options>Theme menu, the layout has changed

Issues so far:
    • When the update was complete, it took my device a little while to get 3G
    • When accessing a bbm chat from the Messages list, the keyboard won't show up - I have to go through the Instant Messaging folder to BBM and then to the chat for the keyboard to show.
    • When I try to delete all my Messages, it takes a minute to finish deleting - even has a dialog box that says "Deleting..."
    Last edited by fa_three; 04-06-10 at 08:55 PM.
    04-06-10 07:28 PM
    I notice a lot of people having problems with this new update. What everyone needs to remember is although we all have Storm 2's, they're also all different. Everyone has "customized" their device to meet their needs. This is why not everyone is sharing the same results. Here is what I recommend you do to ensure you get the full benefits of this new update:

1 - Backup all data you wish to keep. You can do this a number of ways, one of the easiest is to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you don't know how there's posts here in Crackberry or you can check out Blackberry's knowledge articles. *You should take this opportunity to trim down. If you don't use it, get rid of it.

2 - Remove your memory card and reset your device to it's factory shipped condition, just like it was when you first turned it on. This will ensure no settings or apps interfere with the update. You can do this by going to Options-Security Options-Security Wipe

3 - Update your device. There's a couple ways you can do this, OTA: Options-Advanced Options-Wireless update. If the wireless update option isn't there, you will need to resend service books, or you can use BlackBerry DM (which is faster) Both procedures are covered here on Crackberry if you need help

4 - Once the update is complete and your device starts up for the first time, set it up and register your apps (don't download any yet, just the ones that are already on it) Once you've done this, take note of your application memory.

5 - Do a battery pull. When your device boots check your app memory, it should be much higher. Now, use your device a LOT. Make sure everything is working like it should. I say this because if your device is working properly now but not after you've restored all the apps & files, it's more than likely you have an incompatible application or a corrupt file. If everything is good so far go ahead and restore the files & apps you backed up earlier. Register all your apps, verify all your files are restored and replace your memory card. Again, if everything is good, do one last battery pull.

If you have apps from BlackBerry App World, open BBAW, go to My World, click the menu button and Log In, there you can redownload your apps and it will give you any key codes you need to re-register your apps.

I guarantee this will fix 90-95% of all the problems people are having with this update.

**By the way, I can't believe nobody has mentioned of the biggest improvements on this new update, THE LOCK BUTTON! It works instantly now. It's about time it works like it's supposed to. This is the OS the Storm 2 should've shipped with. Much, much better than .302!
    Someone needs to put your message in a sticky with .607 replies Ishartle. Good points!!
    04-06-10 07:32 PM
    Been reading thru the posts for this new .607 OS.... I think for the most part this OS is all positive. The only two neg's I believe that exist are:

1) Drain on the battery seems to be much quicker (like many have said here)... guess there's a leak more than I had w/ my OS .302

2) May sound crazy but my S2 now runs hotter.... yes, I take it out of the charging pod and the battery cover definitely is warmer than when I was running OS .302

I guess I better watch out for those 1st/2nd degree burns on my hands!!
    04-06-10 07:57 PM
    I love the new lock feature! Its instantaneous and doesnt lag for the second or two like it used to.
    04-06-10 08:38 PM
    so what would be the correct sequence in going from Sasketel .517 to Verizon .607 on a Verizon phone? should one use DM as opposed to OTA? is it necessary to downgrade to .320? how to do that? THANX!
    04-06-10 09:46 PM
    New to the Storm 2; noticed after upgrade from .320 to .607 on my home screen used to have a lock icon and a power off icon; now only have the power off icon. can press power/lock button on top of device to lock, but should the lock icon on the home screen still exist after upgrade?
    04-06-10 10:06 PM
    Screen is great.
    Device is peppier
    Solved my screen-dimming issue

But it hosed my calendar. Corrupted crap I guess.

Afer hours of trying to tweak it, I finally restored my calendar from the DM backup and did a one-way sync from device to Outlook.

After several successful sync I just got a message that my defaul email for syncing with the calendar had been changed.

So I'm still not sure everthing is OK but I'm feeling better.

Good Luck
    04-06-10 10:11 PM
    I have a 1 week old storm 2. If I perform the ota update, will I have to get my phone all setup again? Massive pita, since I just got all settled into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 10:11 PM
    **By the way, I can't believe nobody has mentioned of the biggest improvements on this new update, THE LOCK BUTTON!

mentioned a bunch of times check pages 1-21
    04-06-10 10:12 PM
    So, I have one question for more savy BB users. The thing is the icon for my mail had the yahoo logo on it when I first updated YAY! But now upon a battery pull and any reboots it no longer displays. It's just the basic mail icon. How do I get that nice yahoo logo back. Not really a big deal but I was kinda hoping I could easily identify it with my themes I use plus the default theme. Ya know just pick it out really quick. Thx in advance CB. And not to mention thx for all the great updates you gave us to keep us informed about this awsome new OS update for the Storm2
    04-06-10 10:23 PM
    Ive never done this so here is a noob question

When i wipe memory back to out of box status.. And i update through DM..
    Will it have all my contacts and such, how do i restore that with out restoring my phone, and it having the old software?

Sry if dumb Question
    04-06-10 11:23 PM
    hi guys i downloaded and started using the new version via wireless update however the next day when i woke a up i had to make a battery pull which toatally screwed up my phone it wont open i get the blackberry reboot screen where the bar is filling up but when it comes to an end i get a white screen with some writing then it does the whole reboot thing all over again what can i do about it i tried connecting it to the desktop manager but nothing happened pleasee help mee
    04-07-10 06:44 AM
    I'm still running the .607 leaked from Telus a few weeks ago and have had absolutely no issues with it what-so-ever. Is there an advantage to switching to the Verizon "official" version? I'm quite happy with what I have.
    04-07-10 09:34 AM
    How did you delete the downgrade file?
    04-07-10 09:47 AM
    How did you delete the downgrade file?
    go to advanced options/ wireless upgrade / then hit the bb menu and select delete downgrade file.
    04-07-10 10:09 AM
    I went to bring up the keyboard on the home screen to do an event log clear and the keyboard op is no longer there. I tried setting the convenience key to keyboard but had no success in accessing the event log. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    LaRyan
    04-07-10 10:36 AM
    Sorry to see someone else had the hosed Calendar issues. I found out that after the update my default Calendar had changed to GMail from Outlook (never ever had a GMail Calendar). This was confirmed after setting it correctly in the device and getting an "Are you sure" message when synching with my PC. I had several duplicates and other weird things but seems to be OK now.

I have lost the choice of deleting messages from the device or the device and the mailbox. Deleting a message is now device only. This was a real nice feature to Delete FYI type messages. I've not found any settings for this in the device and will consider downgrading to get this back.

The Battery life seems a bit shorter, but nothing drastic.

The Lock feature that used to automagically lock the screen when holstered is also not working and the settings for turning that feature on or off have no impact. I now have to remember to lock when holstering to avoid pants dialing.

Prompts for Voicedialing (the boing after command) was missing. Prompts had to be set or reset to detailed.

WeatherBug Elite maps not displaying for Radar Information (already knew that the display update didn't work) only image is XX. May be related to Bing not loading.

Bing not loading - didn't need it before. Doesn't configure and screen stays at 0% before vanishing.

I haven't searched for any fixes to the W'Bug and Bing issue, may not be version related.

I did advise two coworkers with Storm2's to pass on the upgrade as I didn't notice any huge improvements and spent too much time messing with settings and Calendar issues, all three of us lived through Storm1's and it seemed to us the updates resulted in defeatured or hosed devices that the new features or changes didn't overcome.
    04-07-10 11:23 AM
432 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD