I appreciate everybody's help, but when I go to Wireless update, it only tells me what the current version is and that the previous update was succeeded. No option to delete the downgrade file......

Other than that, I don't know how soo many people are having problems. I have 5 more mb's of memory, the scrolling and typing are faster. No Battery leakage issues, no contacts issue, Opera Mini issues, or anything else.

All in all, a gift from Verizon and RIM!
    04-06-10 11:12 AM
    Ok i got the wireless update option and want to upgrade but hopefully someone can help. I have a zen theme with apps like weather, where, edocrab, quickpull, ebay , crackberry, directv, facebook, quicklaunch, viingo, airlines, movies, and the list goes on. Took me a while to get the phone where I wanted it. Is there a way to keep all these things on my phone without having to redownload them etc? Please advise and thank you.
    04-06-10 11:19 AM
    Ok here we go again......
    ANYBODY having static on Bluetooth? This is apparently the same BT cod file as .517
    as I'm again experiencing static on my handsfree BT unit. I toned some of the noise down by changing the BT settings to echo control "on" and encryption "off"

Mike
    04-06-10 11:30 AM
    Upgraded from 517 to leaked 607, downgraded to 517 again and finally upgraded to the "offic1al" 607 using DM.

.607 is just a great upgrade. My BB feels like new. Everything is smooth and responsive. This was not the case when I installed the leaked 607. I think the fault was by the stability of my carrier on that moment because 607 = 607 right? (unless they work with "builds")

I don't think its a swell idea to upgrade your OS using OTA. DM gives you much more control over the situation.

I'm glad I switched back to .607
    04-06-10 11:34 AM
    Upgrade went smooth with DM. A colleague of mine is doing it OTA for comparison. Let's see which one is faster
    04-06-10 11:46 AM
    I cannot speak for OTA as I did my via DM, but I suspect it will be the same. All my apps, my theme, my organization of icons, etc., remained the same after update. You will, however, have to re-register 3rd party apps you've purchased (they're on your phone, but when you open them, it's just like they're brand new and you have to re-register, so be ready). That being said, I was a bit puzzled to find that while many of my 3rd party apps required re-registering, my games all seemed to remember my previous scores/settings (thankfully, I worked hard to get them there, lol). Of course, it's always best practice to make a complete backup of your phone, including 3rd party apps, prior to installing an upgrade.

Ok i got the wireless update option and want to upgrade but hopefully someone can help. I have a zen theme with apps like weather, where, edocrab, quickpull, ebay , crackberry, directv, facebook, quicklaunch, viingo, airlines, movies, and the list goes on. Took me a while to get the phone where I wanted it. Is there a way to keep all these things on my phone without having to redownload them etc? Please advise and thank you.
    04-06-10 12:01 PM
    Ok, now i'm getting invalid ringtone whenever i select a factory ringtone... ???
    I too lost all of my ringtones after upgrade OTA. I then downloaded the MR1 file from VZW and installed it onto my Desktop Manager. Re-ran the Application Loader and chose Update Software and it said 5.0.0 core applications. I ran this, it didn't change anything. I went through several iterations of restoring backups, never fixed anything. It wasn't until I went in and wiped the device for the 3rd time today and tried the update software bit again before it finally found a TON of new applications. Looked like just about every piece of the OS. Oddly enough, OTA update originally said it had finished just fine and needed a reboot, which I did. After this last round of updating software I now have my core ringtones and other sounds back. Re-running the Update Software now shows no available software now.

Word to the wise: skip OTA if possible. Yeah, its cool and all, but if you can USB, do that instead. You know you can all wait.
    Last edited by TowedJumper; 04-06-10 at 12:12 PM. Reason: clarification
    04-06-10 12:10 PM
    None of my BBM contacts' display pictures are showing.
    I have BBM 5.0.0.66
    What's the problem i'm having?

Also, I'm having the same problem with my BBM group chat KB
    04-06-10 12:20 PM
    None of my BBM contacts' display pictures are showing.
    I have BBM 5.0.0.66
    What's the problem i'm having?

Also, I'm having the same problem with my BBM group chat KB
    do a backup using your email if you have previously done it this way.. it will say you have used this existing email.. just press the back key .. then do a restore... this should help.. i have done it 2 times..
    04-06-10 12:40 PM
    Good update. Phone seems to be a little quicker. Didn't notice a difference with the web browser. My main gripe is trivial, but frustrating for me: I do a lot of pictures on my phone for work and there used to be an option to choose the amount of thumbnails per row when viewing your albums. I had it set to 7 so I had more thumbnails on the screen at once. This option is not there anymore (if I am incorrect please let me know!) its just the standard 4 per row, which in my opinion is to large of a thumbnail requiring much more scrolling. Not sure why they chose to omit this option...
    04-06-10 01:08 PM
    I downloaded 607 OTA, but just had to reactivate my apps & games. Whack-A-Mole wouldn't work. It keeps giving me an "Invalid Code," so I had to contact Mobihand. Other than that, everything seems to be working okay. Every now and then, I notice a slight delay during transitions. Not really sure if it was worth the trouble since I didn't really have any problems with 320. May be time will tell as I've only been using this OS for the last hour or so.
    Okay, after playing around with my phone with .607, I found out that the game issue was actually due to me switching phones and not the new OS. I do like the refinement in the OS as the phone seems to work much smoother. I've also noticed that my apps run smoother. The only downside is that some of the apps, now, cause my battery to drain much faster. Specifically, the Six Theme with the Clock & iCalendar apps. No problems with memory leaks, either. Now, I think it was a worthwhile upgrade!
    04-06-10 01:12 PM
    I started to update, but after reading about all the issues, specifically the battery draining, I canceled at 25%. What is the update supposed to improve?
    See attached PDF.
    04-06-10 01:18 PM
    I've read a lot of complaints about battery life, but personally, I think it's far too soon to tell. Initial install, system caching and set up, stabalizing, battery pulls, etc., all take their toll on the battery and people need to give it a chance. I noticed last night that the battery was draining a bit fast, but went to bed with a new battery at 100%. Overnight, with the phone on, the battery drained a total of 2% (over 8 hours), which was typical. Give things a chance and then let's see what the group consensus is.

UPDATE: I just spotted a post in another thread. My intial thought when reading it was "well, duh..." but then thought that it may have changed back to default when upgrading. I just went and checked and sure enough, it had! Check to be sure your settings are for "1XEV Only" as opposed to "Global Network" if you're using VZW (CDMA) here in the US. Go to: OPTIONS/MOBILE NETWORK/NETWORK TECHNOLOGY and change the deafult to the 1XEV setting. This can save some battery life.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-06-10 at 02:13 PM.
    04-06-10 01:34 PM
    The glitch is fixed.... Sort of! If your running any older themes that aren't 5.0 compatible the icons in landscape are no longer goofing up. The wallpaper simply remains portrait with black on each side. Icons remain perfectly fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 02:08 PM
    I just did the OTA and it only took about 30mins after downloading it. After playing around with it the screen seems easier to push and very smooth. I did notice i dont know if its just me but with selecting a letter in SMS it highlights up very bright. Seems good so far. Unk if it affected my battery life too early to tell.
    04-06-10 02:32 PM
    I see now you get SMS display on hidden today themes. Is there anyway to stop that? Most of the themes do not expect it and there for do not handle it well.
    04-06-10 02:35 PM
    After installing the new update this morning, I am unable to get my keyboard to come up in the BBM chats. I have also gone to AppWorld and updated BBM, and it did not change anything. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it?
    04-06-10 02:36 PM
    no love for the 8330? crap.
    04-06-10 02:37 PM
    After installing the new update this morning, I am unable to get my keyboard to come up in the BBM chats. I have also gone to AppWorld and updated BBM, and it did not change anything. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it?
    Tina, most of the replies on this in the thread seem to indicate that this is a bug. It appears you can get around it by creating a new chat then canceling it to get the keyboard to pop up. I don't know, I dont use BBM. See the previous 316 posts for more info. Its mixed in all over the place.
    04-06-10 02:43 PM
    Does this release fix the issue with home screen icons like berry weather not updating?
    Yes, the home screen icon issue is fixed in .607.
    04-06-10 02:58 PM
    so whats new on this OS??? only thing i have found was the bottom keys dont get stuck. i had the .320 before
    04-06-10 03:22 PM
    I notice a lot of people having problems with this new update. What everyone needs to remember is although we all have Storm 2's, they're also all different. Everyone has "customized" their device to meet their needs. This is why not everyone is sharing the same results. Here is what I recommend you do to ensure you get the full benefits of this new update:

1 - Backup all data you wish to keep. You can do this a number of ways, one of the easiest is to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you don't know how there's posts here in Crackberry or you can check out Blackberry's knowledge articles. *You should take this opportunity to trim down. If you don't use it, get rid of it.

2 - Remove your memory card and reset your device to it's factory shipped condition, just like it was when you first turned it on. This will ensure no settings or apps interfere with the update. You can do this by going to Options-Security Options-Security Wipe

3 - Update your device. There's a couple ways you can do this, OTA: Options-Advanced Options-Wireless update. If the wireless update option isn't there, you will need to resend service books, or you can use BlackBerry DM (which is faster) Both procedures are covered here on Crackberry if you need help

4 - Once the update is complete and your device starts up for the first time, set it up and register your apps (don't download any yet, just the ones that are already on it) Once you've done this, take note of your application memory.

5 - Do a battery pull. When your device boots check your app memory, it should be much higher. Now, use your device a LOT. Make sure everything is working like it should. I say this because if your device is working properly now but not after you've restored all the apps & files, it's more than likely you have an incompatible application or a corrupt file. If everything is good so far go ahead and restore the files & apps you backed up earlier. Register all your apps, verify all your files are restored and replace your memory card. Again, if everything is good, do one last battery pull.

If you have apps from BlackBerry App World, open BBAW, go to My World, click the menu button and Log In, there you can redownload your apps and it will give you any key codes you need to re-register your apps.

I guarantee this will fix 90-95% of all the problems people are having with this update.

**By the way, I can't believe nobody has mentioned of the biggest improvements on this new update, THE LOCK BUTTON! It works instantly now. It's about time it works like it's supposed to. This is the OS the Storm 2 should've shipped with. Much, much better than .302!
    Last edited by lshartle; 04-06-10 at 03:36 PM.
    04-06-10 03:30 PM
    The main issue I had was the calender. It updated everything to my FB calender which I had removed from being used. I couldn't get it to stop even by disabling FB under FB options from being used by BB. I had to uninstall and reinstall FB and reset everything again. My entire calender then got erased including gmail and my email account. I had google sync so I was able to get it back. I also had to delete the previous backup version from OTA installation. My memory is about 8 mb higher than before install at 92 mb. Otherwise things seem to run smoother and quicker and typing is much better. I don't like in the today theme that my text messages appear on my screen. I can't seem to remove them from the screen. Any ideas?
    04-06-10 03:42 PM
    so whats new on this OS??? only thing i have found was the bottom keys dont get stuck. i had the .320 before
    See post 312 in this thread for a Verizon PDF of the changes. I can only assume the changes listed are as of the last official OS, the 320 build.
    04-06-10 03:52 PM
    I had this problem in several apps, including BBM, yahoo, gmail, google maps. google maps was the worst. It wouldnt freeze, but it wouldnt let me click on anything after pressing the menu key. I couldnt close google maps at all without restarting the phone.

Seems to be a huge bug in this build. had 607 installed for all of 4 hours before going back to 451 with 553 java and a few of Tanks Act2 files.
    04-06-10 04:01 PM
432 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD