Does this release fix the issue with home screen icons like berry weather not updating?
    .517 fixed this for me, been pretty happy with that release..
    Will wait on .607 to see what other issues are reported.
    04-06-10 09:01 AM
    Well, if you really read through all of the pages, you'd notice conflicting information regarding the BBM gGroups KB issue. Some are saying it works, others are not.

I've read all 15 pages of this thread this evening. I can't believe the first 12 pages had a comment or question regarding the BBM groups...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 09:02 AM
    i like the new OS other than:
    No opera
    no bbm group
    No locking
    battery wont charge with my spare charger
    Battery drains twice as fast
    my google maps wont work
    had to register most of my apps again
    and lost a few contacts...... but at least my blue glow around my letters is bigger when i touch them.
    04-06-10 09:03 AM
    so is the overall statement with this os its good just the bbm group and opera mini is a no go. i use bbm group all the time as i use it for the fire department and opera mini cuz i like the tab browsing. anyone just have a straight answer as to if i should download this cuz im getting mixed reviews....thanks
    I did the wireless update last night and find the new OS working just fine for my needs which is primarily messaging. All settings and apps data seem to have been maintained - the only change was a reshuffling of apps on the homepage which took a minute to adjust back to my preferences. The screen touch and keyboard are a little more sensitive in a positive way. Battery drain seems unaffected. Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 is working as before. No issues noted other than positive changes. I do not use BBM.

best,
    Alan
    04-06-10 09:06 AM
    Any way to tell if it actually went from the leaked .607 to the official .607?
    Went through DM and it only took 10 minutes. Nothing looks any different....thanks
    04-06-10 09:07 AM
    Anyone know if there is a way to get the activation codes from something you downloaded over App World? I updated the OS and now some of my apps are not working and i am not sure how to get the activation codes?

Thanks!
    04-06-10 09:21 AM
    I installed the leaked .607 OS last week and everything works flawlessy including improved battery life. All applications work as they should. Should I even bother to install the Verizon one?
    04-06-10 09:38 AM
    I started to update, but after reading about all the issues, specifically the battery draining, I canceled at 25%. What is the update supposed to improve?
    04-06-10 09:43 AM
    dloaded ota last night after playing seems about the same, maybe a little faster? upgraded from .320 (stock from verizon)

-vid cam is faster on rotate(about 1 sec) but camera is perfect no black screen between orientations
    -one thing i noticed is when i would bring up the menu it would scroll all the way to the bottom for some reason, it doesnt do that any more
    -letters have bigger blue glow, i thought typing was slower at first haha
    -lock screen goes straight off without fade (iphone-like)
    -unlocking opens right to screen instead of the disappearing affect, so lock/unlock is wayyyy faster
    -answering calls seems faster, i would always be flipping from portrait to landscape and could never answer, so overall faster accelerometer

my question for everyone is how to delete the old/dload files for more memory. had 68mbs before, after deleting old os off the phone holding steady at 71mbs. did i miss something, why is everyone reporting 30+mb gains?

and i deleted my "messages" folder and dont know how to get it back/make a new one. any help? thanks guys
    04-06-10 10:04 AM
    My google maps is also broken after the OTA update. Can anybody offer some suggestions? All permissions are correct, I deleted and reinstalled...Any help - Please?
    04-06-10 10:12 AM
    so is the overall statement with this os its good just the bbm group and opera mini is a no go. i use bbm group all the time as i use it for the fire department and opera mini cuz i like the tab browsing. anyone just have a straight answer as to if i should download this cuz im getting mixed reviews....thanks
    keyboard in bbm groups and opera mini are working fine for me.
    04-06-10 10:13 AM
    the new bbm that's currently in beta supposively fixes the bbm groups keyboard issue
    04-06-10 10:24 AM
    Do you guys think they will be adding direct connect to the strom in the future ? I was keeping my fingers crossed with the announcement of the official update but nothing..
    04-06-10 10:28 AM
    Just loaded up the new update last night. Everythign is working fine except now I can find where you can combine emails and SMS texts!!! Does anyone know where this setting is? I looked where it was but am not able to find it. Did they remove this setting? Please help! ...Other than that everythign seems to be working fine. I do love how in the "today view" for the default theme it now shows BB Group calendar reminders!!!

Enjoy!
    04-06-10 10:34 AM
    That's the issue. When I use to combine the SMS and MMS to one inbox in the past, the SMS/MMS icon would go away. Not anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?
    icon doesnt go away now since you are really "combining them" like before. You are not just displaying them in both places lol
    04-06-10 10:37 AM
    Well, if you really read through all of the pages, you'd notice conflicting information regarding the BBM gGroups KB issue. Some are saying it works, others are not.

You caught me. I lied. I only read one post which was on the current (latest) page. Um no...I didn't say anything about it works or didn't. If you had read the pages, you would see somebody would comment on it's failure as if nobody had posted, however it had been posted numerous times. It's irritating when people jump on and post a question or comment without even attempting to find out if any of the previous hundreds of posts addressed their question. I'm trying to learn something and it's ridiculous to read through so much identical information. I can't wait to have a moment of time to update so I can say, I don't use groups so the keyboard problem isn't really a problem for me. Maybe I'll even say I lost memory, but wait, I pulled the battery and it's fine.
    04-06-10 10:37 AM
    icon doesnt go away now since you are really "combining them" like before. You are not just displaying them in both places lol
    Well that sucks.... Booo!!!!
    04-06-10 10:40 AM
    One thing I noticed on the call log screen it no longer has the options to delete at the bottom. Now u have to go menu and delete from there.

04-06-10 10:41 AM
    And for those wondering how to turn on Keyboard Pop-Ups...Options->Screen/Keyboard->Show Key Indicator. Options are Off, Always, and On Touch And Hold.
    04-06-10 10:44 AM
    Downloaded it on my phone from verizon, It works great on my storm 2, the typing improved and phone seams to be qucker!!!!!!!!
    Downloaded it on my phone from verizon, It works great on my storm 2, the typing improved and phone seams to be quicker!!!!!!!!
    Well that sucks.... Booo!!!!
    just hide it, not that hard
    04-06-10 10:46 AM
    I did and nothing, but upon readint Toast NYC's comments about erasing his downgrade files and a reboot and is now back up to normal memory numbers i'm starting to think that once I upgraded I re registered all of my apps, but was well short of where I was in terms of memory before the update. I rebooted and now I am 5mb above where I started. Could it be that it erased the file for me?

Alpine...5mb above doesn't sound like it deleted the downgrade files. I had read somewhere that reregistering all your apps helped. I did that and it did nothing for me. Deleting the downgrade files then a batt pull are the key.

Go to options/advanced/wireless update...you should see two lines..downgrade and update successfull on two seperate lines, you have to click on the update line then the bb menu key...you should see an option to delete downgrade files. click that let it do its thing then a batt pull should be the last step to freed up memory.

I'm beginning to wonder if the people who have the 20mb or so loss are the ota updaters compared to the people downloading and installing on their comp via dm. Does anyone know if doing it thru dm automatically deletes the downgrade file? I'd be curious to know if the loss is specific to ota or has anyone had the issue doing the update thru dm. If that's the case it could be the answer that saves everyone a lot of time, confusion and headaches.

On another note...I know this probably isnt the forum for it. But has anyone noticed that you cant download movies straight to your phone from the internet with opera 5? With opera 4 it was no problem, 5 seems to hang up completely and not dl a thing. Did they put a restriction on the dl size like in bb browser? I cant find any settings in the options part of opera to possibly fix the issue. The bright side to the new bb browser is that now when you have to wait 40 secs for the download link to appear that it actually counts down in bb browser and the link appears. Maybe I'm just going to have to go back and either switch to opera4 or find the forum link that showed you how to work around the bb browser settings to dl big files.
    04-06-10 10:49 AM
    did you hit the BB button and log in to app world? Mine was blank before I did that...
    Yep, only quick pull comes up. All. The free apps are missing.

04-06-10 11:00 AM
    Alpine...5mb above doesn't sound like it deleted the downgrade files. I had read somewhere that reregistering all your apps helped. I did that and it did nothing for me. Deleting the downgrade files then a batt pull are the key.

Go to options/advanced/wireless update...you should see two lines..downgrade and update successfull on two seperate lines, you have to click on the update line then the bb menu key...you should see an option to delete downgrade files. click that let it do its thing then a batt pull should be the last step to freed up memory.

I'm beginning to wonder if the people who have the 20mb or so loss are the ota updaters compared to the people downloading and installing on their comp via dm. Does anyone know if doing it thru dm automatically deletes the downgrade file? I'd be curious to know if the loss is specific to ota or has anyone had the issue doing the update thru dm. If that's the case it could be the answer that saves everyone a lot of time, confusion and headaches.

On another note...I know this probably isnt the forum for it. But has anyone noticed that you cant download movies straight to your phone from the internet with opera 5? With opera 4 it was no problem, 5 seems to hang up completely and not dl a thing. Did they put a restriction on the dl size like in bb browser? I cant find any settings in the options part of opera to possibly fix the issue. The bright side to the new bb browser is that now when you have to wait 40 secs for the download link to appear that it actually counts down in bb browser and the link appears. Maybe I'm just going to have to go back and either switch to opera4 or find the forum link that showed you how to work around the bb browser settings to dl big files.
    if you do it from DM you never have those files to begin with
    04-06-10 11:03 AM
432 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD