Is anyone having regular contact issues? I downloaded ota last night and when I woke up I have 8 times as many contacts, sometimes up to 9 of the same person, some of my contacts have one number that belongs to person A but the name is person B. My whole contact list is screwed up. Also noticing that some, not all, contact pictures are missing.....help
    04-06-10 05:08 AM
    Downloaded, re-booted, all seems okay ... all apps are okay just had to re-authorize. App memory good, device memory good ... keeping fingers crossed. The keyboard enhancement is a bonus.
    +1

I downloaded OTA last night and have been on it most of the time since lol. Only issues I have are with the 3rd party apps. Mainly opera mini half screen thing. And Where won't open. But i'll just wait for the devs to update their apps. Coming from .320 its like a whole new phone almost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jgreen1tc; 04-06-10 at 05:26 AM.
    04-06-10 05:22 AM
    +1

I downloaded OTA last night and have been on it most of the time since lol. Only issues I have are with the 3rd party apps. Mainly opera mini half screen thing. And Where won't open. But i'll just wait for the devs to update their apps. Coming from .320 its like a whole new phone almost.

Do you have compatibility mode enabled for Opera Mini?
    04-06-10 05:33 AM
    Is anyone having regular contact issues? I downloaded ota last night and when I woke up I have 8 times as many contacts, sometimes up to 9 of the same person, some of my contacts have one number that belongs to person A but the name is person B. My whole contact list is screwed up. Also noticing that some, not all, contact pictures are missing.....help
    Are you using Google Sync, by chance? I am and that happens to me everytime something "unusual" occurs with my Storm. I was traveling internationally recently and activated my sim card and it totally freaked my phone out and, on top of everything, created this multiple contact issue yet again. Only way I've found to resolve it is to delete all multiples from both Goggle Contacts and the device contacts, otherwise they replicate from one to the other with each sync.

Haven't done the update yet. Waiting to hear more on all the issues.
    04-06-10 05:46 AM
    Not sure if this means anything, just something I noticed. PBr= Pabst Blue Ribbon?? lol

The '51' version is the official.....
    04-06-10 05:58 AM
    Do you have compatibility mode enabled for Opera Mini?
    I'm not sure. I don't know how to check so probably not? What's the procedure?

04-06-10 06:14 AM
    Are you using Google Sync, by chance? I am and that happens to me everytime something "unusual" occurs with my Storm. I was traveling internationally recently and activated my sim card and it totally freaked my phone out and, on top of everything, created this multiple contact issue yet again. Only way I've found to resolve it is to delete all multiples from both Goggle Contacts and the device contacts, otherwise they replicate from one to the other with each sync.

Haven't done the update yet. Waiting to hear more on all the issues.
    I deleted all the duplicates, then turned off google sync and I look back and they are all duplicated again! This time it took first names and mixed it up randomly with last names! Some people are missing all together! This is nuts
    04-06-10 06:20 AM
    same here, i think they're combined in the message folder, but the SMS and MMS folder is still visable?
    That's the issue. When I use to combine the SMS and MMS to one inbox in the past, the SMS/MMS icon would go away. Not anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?
    04-06-10 06:36 AM
    Coming from a storm 1 I just have had this 2 for less than a week and the gift of a new OS is like easter candy! SO GOOD !! high memory still everything works great, faster, more responsive!! Thanks Rim and VZW
    04-06-10 06:42 AM
    my sim card menu is gone with this os. this isn't good since i have mobile banking.
    the hotspot browser is very slow too. disconnected from wifi several times at home.....
    04-06-10 07:06 AM
    I haven't been as in depth in the forums lately... I didn't even know we were getting an update. Needless to say that's an amazing feeling to randomly log on to CrackBerry and SURPRISE! lol

I didn't really experience any issues with the last official OS, but I'm quite satisfied with .607 as well. Here's what I've noticed in the last couple hours of use:

-Generally Faster (Boot up time seems about the same, which is still good)
    -SurePress seems quicker with accuracy and response, I'm now typing at pretty much the same speed as I would on my Tour
    -Going in and out of standby is dramatically quicker
    -Memory seems about the same as before, staying at 103.5 MB
    -Scrolling while within contacts, SMS, Messages, etc seems smoother

No issues w/ any 3rd party apps that I've noticed.
    OTA Update was quite fast, took about 30 min from start to finish.
    04-06-10 07:09 AM
    This sucks! Apparently it integrated my email folder with the general message folder (don't even have an email folder anymore and can't find a way to separate them). I got duplicate BBM contacts and when I tried to find out which ones were active so I could delete the non active ones, I found out that my BBM wasn't even working. For some reason it won't send out anything thru BBM! This is frustrating!!! On a positive note, no issues with any of my 3rd party apps or main contact list. I did notice that in BBAW it no longer shows apps that have been DL to your phone. Thinking of downgrading....
    04-06-10 07:33 AM
    I upgraded to .607 last night and everything seems to be ok, except a large number of my contacts are missing. What is strange is that my phone call logs show past calls with many of the missing contacts. If I click "View Contact" from phone call logs I can see the full contacts, however, if I search for the contacts in the contacts folder, they aren't there!!!
    04-06-10 07:35 AM
    Did thw upgrade through the DM.
    Pain to re-authorize & validate everything, but definitely an improvement.
    Rsponse is much faster all around.
    Accelerometer actually works when you turn the device. Used to wait 2 seconds.
    Voice for voice dialing is much more pleasing and better quality.
    Key pop-up is great!

The only issue I have is the Short Menu. i used to be 4 icons at the bottom of the screen and now it is 8 icons (2 rows). Am I missing someting cause i really want it to be only 1 row at the bottom.

Unfortunate that it dumped my Quick Launch settings.

Otherwise,,,,,a big improvement.
    04-06-10 07:50 AM
    That's the issue. When I use to combine the SMS and MMS to one inbox in the past, the SMS/MMS icon would go away. Not anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I combine all my messsages (mail, BBM, etc) and then just hide the icons.
    04-06-10 08:05 AM
    Did thw upgrade through the DM.
    Pain to re-authorize & validate everything, but definitely an improvement.
    Rsponse is much faster all around.
    Accelerometer actually works when you turn the device. Used to wait 2 seconds.
    Voice for voice dialing is much more pleasing and better quality.
    Key pop-up is great!

The only issue I have is the Short Menu. i used to be 4 icons at the bottom of the screen and now it is 8 icons (2 rows). Am I missing someting cause i really want it to be only 1 row at the bottom.

Unfortunate that it dumped my Quick Launch settings.

Otherwise,,,,,a big improvement.
    Click the BB button twice, then options, it'll then give you the option to change the Layout from 1,2 or 3 rows, or the today layout.
    04-06-10 08:06 AM
    I went from .320 to .607 last night. My connection must not have been that good, because the download took a lot longer than many have reported here.

So far the screen feels a little different (unless it is in my head), and the typing seems a little better. I notice my accuracy on the landscape keyboard is improved. A couple of they letters that were giving me problems seem not to right now. Placebo effect???

One thing I am very happy about are the home screen icons. They are now updating!! So now my BerryWeather and Meterberry icons are accurate. For those of you with leaks this may be a small victory, but my IT policy prevents me from using the leaks, so this is very exciting for me. This alone justifies the update, IMHO.

I really cannot comment on battery life yet, and if the OS is any snappier, not sure that I can see that either.

On the problem side, other than having to redo a lot of my settings (mostly OT), I have not noticed any yet.

I thought people had reported in previous leaks that the letters that were pressed were shown similar to the iPod. Did RIM go away from that? I don't know that I really need or want it, just something I expected to see.
    04-06-10 08:26 AM
    started with 93.3MB, down to 73MB after upgrade, updated all my apps, deleted the downgrade file, and did a battery pull, back up to 116MB! BALLA!
    once i deleted the downgrade file back to 95mn from 60 mb.

thanks

to do this go to wireless upgrade hit menu then delete downgrade file
    04-06-10 08:29 AM
    Where in the world did the LOCK icon go that used to be on my home screen??
    04-06-10 08:30 AM
    I'm not sure. I don't know how to check so probably not? What's the procedure?

Options->Applications-> (highlight Opera Mini) BB Key->enable\disable comp mode.
    04-06-10 08:34 AM
    so is the overall statement with this os its good just the bbm group and opera mini is a no go. i use bbm group all the time as i use it for the fire department and opera mini cuz i like the tab browsing. anyone just have a straight answer as to if i should download this cuz im getting mixed reviews....thanks
    04-06-10 08:36 AM
    .607 update problems...

my Google maps is acting up.
    my Adorno Multialrm won't shut off unless I go into the app.
    BB App World is no longer showing icons or screen shots when I navigate away from the main page.

anyone else having issues? do I need to go back to these apps and look for updates for them as well?
    04-06-10 08:45 AM
    On Verizon and just got my storm 2 after living with my Storm one for over a year. Loved the storm 2 on .320 no issues whatsoever. I ota upgraded last night and there are a few things I am not happy with. I can't lock my phone out to password protect unless I hit the icon on the home screen. Much prefered the power button lock on top as it is a pain in the *** to do it the other way. Also, I am having TREMENDOUS battery leakage. Have done 4 battery pulls last night and in stand by mode with nothing runnig in the background I had to charge it twice. Had full charge this morning at 7. its now 9 and I have to charge it again and haven't used the phone yet.

I'm going to give it a few days and see where we are at and if it improves. Anyone know if there is a way to change to the lock button on top of the phone instead of the icon on the home screen?
    04-06-10 08:54 AM
    .607 update problems...

my Google maps is acting up.
    my Adorno Multialrm won't shut off unless I go into the app.
    BB App World is no longer showing icons or screen shots when I navigate away from the main page.

anyone else having issues? do I need to go back to these apps and look for updates for them as well?
    google maps seems to be working for me but i did notice the exact location of where you are was before 5 meters now 100 meters.

As for app world i can still see screen shots when away from the main page.

The only app world issue is under my downloads section. nothing is showing up there. says no dowloads
    04-06-10 08:55 AM
    Does this release fix the issue with home screen icons like berry weather not updating?
    04-06-10 08:57 AM
432 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD