Anyone notice with opera mini 5 that even when the keyboard goes away you get that bar where the keyboard was in landscape? First time using opera so maybe i'm missing something.
    Are you sure it is Landscape, cuz i have that issue but when in portrait mode, but once i switch to landscape mode it goes away. But, very annoying to have to go back and forth... anyway, i did a uninstall/install and it is still there!
    04-05-10 11:58 PM
    Right thanks! Found this:
    1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
    2 Click Advanced Options.
    3. Click Wireless Update
    4. Click Previous update succeded.
    5. Press the Menu key.
    6. Click Delete Downgrade Data.
    thank you, i knew it was on that screen but since i dont have wireless update installed couldnt get the directions for everyone!
    04-05-10 11:58 PM
    I just went through the steps and when in the update succeeded screen, press the menu key and I don't have the option to delete the downgrade file......hmmmm,wonder if it already has been deleted.

Could it be because I came from the .320 straight to the .607 and nothing in between to delete?
    04-06-10 12:00 AM
    I've read all 15 pages of this thread this evening. I can't believe the first 12 pages had a comment or question regarding the BBM groups, and nearly a many complaints about loss of memory only to be told to pull battery and double check. Amazing how nobody cares to read the posts. It's not like none of us are to busy to read them because we are all here doing the same thing, reading threads.

However, I have question about the upgrade that has not been discussed/answered. I've never done any updates to my BB, so I wonder if it's advisable to backup the device using DM, or should I just go OTA and start the download? I don't even have DM installed on my PC.

I only have a few free apps installed, some bookmarks and personal pictures/videos. I'll keep my pics/vids of course, but anything else I can download again if needed if it goes bad during the upgrade.

Thanks for any help or input.
    Last edited by PressNClick; 04-06-10 at 12:03 AM.
    Updated...took about 40 min total. Memory went from 79.9 to 50.1. I'm not happy.

I did a battery pull before griping about my memory.
    Numerous battery pulls did nothing. Deleting my downgrade files...priceless. Back up to 80.6. Whew!!!
    Has anyone noticed the new PW key when inputting phone numbers into applications. Go to your contact list and create a new contact, then go down to the phone number field and select it. WTF is that key? its the 4th column RD row down in sure type. Whenever I click it all it does is put a little P or W box in the field.
    I hadn't noticed before but the P & W are on .517 as well, I don't know what the are for? I wounder if it's some way of putting in a pause (p) or wait (w)before entering an extension number or password ???
    04-06-10 12:02 AM
    Well currently updating my Storm2. Let's see what the update has. Will post in a few and will let you know how it goes.
    04-06-10 12:02 AM
    I just went through the steps and when in the update succeeded screen, press the menu key and I don't have the option to delete the downgrade file......hmmmm,wonder if it already has been deleted.

Could it be because I came from the .320 straight to the .607 and nothing in between to delete?
    you have to actually click on the update succeeded line
    04-06-10 12:05 AM
    you have to actually click on the update succeeded line
    I did and nothing, but upon readint Toast NYC's comments about erasing his downgrade files and a reboot and is now back up to normal memory numbers i'm starting to think that once I upgraded I re registered all of my apps, but was well short of where I was in terms of memory before the update. I rebooted and now I am 5mb above where I started. Could it be that it erased the file for me?
    04-06-10 12:08 AM
    So if I'm already running .517, is it worth my time and effort to update to .607?
    04-06-10 12:09 AM
    I did and nothing, but upon readint Toast NYC's comments about erasing his downgrade files and a reboot and is now back up to normal memory numbers i'm starting to think that once I upgraded I re registered all of my apps, but was well short of where I was in terms of memory before the update. I rebooted and now I am 5mb above where I started. Could it be that it erased the file for me?
    I can't say for sure....but it prompted me to delete downgrade files when I clicked on the succeeded line....did a battery pull & gained 16mb
    04-06-10 12:12 AM
    just went back into BBDM to do my nightly backup, and even though I installed .607 about 2 hours ago, it told me there was 2 small BB Core file updates available.

looked like some of this mini update was for BBM and ringtone files.

will post more after reboot.
    04-06-10 12:12 AM
    I've read all 15 pages of this thread this evening. I can't believe the first 12 pages had a comment or question regarding the BBM groups, and nearly a many complaints about loss of memory only to be told to pull battery and double check. Amazing how nobody cares to read the posts. It's not like none of us are to busy to read them because we are all here doing the same thing, reading threads.

However, I have question about the upgrade that has not been discussed/answered. I've never done any updates to my BB, so I wonder if it's advisable to backup the device using DM, or should I just go OTA and start the download? I don't even have DM installed on my PC.

I only have a few free apps installed, some bookmarks and personal pictures/videos. I'll keep my pics/vids of course, but anything else I can download again if needed if it goes bad during the upgrade.

Thanks for any help or input.
    i wouldnt do OTA upgrade at all, just backup and install using DM
    04-06-10 12:28 AM
    just went back into BBDM to do my nightly backup, and even though I installed .607 about 2 hours ago, it told me there was 2 small BB Core file updates available.

looked like some of this mini update was for BBM and ringtone files.

will post more after reboot.
    its a DM glitch...its happens alot...always hit cancel!
    04-06-10 12:29 AM
    lost my kb for bbm downgrading back to 320
    04-06-10 12:43 AM
    so i have a mac and i want to downgrade my os so that i can put this one on it and i cant find the option for it any where in dm can any one please help me with this?
    04-06-10 12:53 AM
    if you go into the applications section, there is an option/button somewhere in there. sorry i can't be more specific. my DM is currently working on my BB, so i can't look at it to tell you specifically.
    04-06-10 12:57 AM
    I dont know wtf i did, but its wrong whatever it is. I'm gonna try to get a screen shot if i can but i have no home screen no theme and none of the regular icons lol. back to .517 it is for me. too much trouble for just trying to downgrade bbm
    04-06-10 12:59 AM
    .607 seems to be working just fine for me. SurePress is better, phone seems faster in general, gained 25mb of application memory after upgrade. App World no longer recognizes installed applications though which kinda sucks. I'm not noticing any other problems though, only good performance.
    04-06-10 01:04 AM
    all seems to be good for me now, except that i lost all my 3rd party apps. tried restoring the backup 2-3 times with multiple batt pulls in between.

even lost icons that came with the phone out of the box.

using a mac, so that complicates things too!!!
    04-06-10 01:09 AM
    Upgraded a while ago to .607 (leak) and it didn't work out that well. Downgraded back to .517 and everything was working 100% again.
    A couple of hours ago I decided to upgrade to .607 (Verizon) to give it another try. Althoug the leak shoult NOT be different from the org. Release, I feel that it is. The file from the org. Release was slightly bigger than the leak. How so?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 01:18 AM
    Upgraded a while ago to .607 (leak) and it didn't work out that well. Downgraded back to .517 and everything was working 100% again.
    A couple of hours ago I decided to upgrade to .607 (Verizon) to give it another try. Althoug the leak shoult NOT be different from the org. Release, I feel that it is. The file from the org. Release was slightly bigger than the leak. How so?

vendor file is not empty it contains data for DM to know its from VZW
    04-06-10 01:30 AM
    Just out of curiosity.. Not being rude at all, but how do you have only 82 mb to begin with. With all the space that comes on the phone, I personally have over 25 apps and never went below 100. Just curious? Do you have any memory leaks or just twice as many apps?
    Hey how do you have so much memory left with so many apps? What kind of OS so you have and is the .617 any good? I have .428 thanks

04-06-10 02:03 AM
    Downloaded, re-booted, all seems okay ... all apps are okay just had to re-authorize. App memory good, device memory good ... keeping fingers crossed. The keyboard enhancement is a bonus.
    04-06-10 03:00 AM
    This is too funny. I just went back to 320 yesterday from 607 because I was getting square boxes while playing divx / xivd files. Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue???
    04-06-10 04:02 AM
432 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD