I have a Mac and got the 507 error too. Thank go I have a great Verizon store that helped me out and got my phone restored and updated for me.
    04-05-10 09:43 PM
    Huh? I'm looking but dont see anything... ?
    options>keyboard>show key indicator
    04-05-10 09:44 PM
    my world in bb app world is empty all my apps are gone but they r still installed on my bb. wasnt like this before i updated my OS
    anyone havin this prob?
    yep, same here.
    04-05-10 09:46 PM
    Huh? I'm looking but dont see anything... ?
    First got to Options-screen/keyboard-scroll down to show key indicator, elect always. Voila!
    At the risk of possibly insulting your intelligence, and believe me... I'm not, right after an OS upgrade, I have had the same symptoms... Have you tried pulling the battery again... and again... if needed... Like I said, it's helped me in the past... Good Luck!
    1st.. you did not insult my intelligence..
    2nd- As far as Opera goes... I am running 5.0.18832, under settings I do not have any that option.

3rd- After I did the update to .607, my screen was quick, nice touch, much better. After the (now 3rd) battery pull, I have the key pop-ups but the screen feels just as it did prior to update if not maybe even less responsive. I was so pumped at first but now sad...haha
    thats the new lock screen, its suppose to do that
    Really? That's pretty stupid. What's the point of having the info option at all then if some noob picks up the phone?

*Reporting on battery life with Wifi on and heavy downloading of about 5-6 app updates. Going strong. Before that was testing videos for about 15 seconds on device and youtube and vid camera with light on. Only went down %5.
    options>keyboard>show key indicator
    Cool... LOL... just got it..
    04-05-10 09:49 PM
    started with 93.3MB, down to 73MB after upgrade, updated all my apps, deleted the downgrade file, and did a battery pull, back up to 116MB! BALLA!
    04-05-10 09:58 PM
    Ok, now i'm getting invalid ringtone whenever i select a factory ringtone... ???
    04-05-10 10:01 PM
    I know someone has posted this before, but the only way I've found to get the keyboard back in group chat was BB Key->New Chat->Cancel. Also tried an uninstall of Opera Mini just for S&G's, issue still existed. Reinstalling Opera Mini now.
    I know alot of people seem to have issues with 607 but for what its worth I have been running the leaked version for about 5 days and this is by far the best OS I have ran yet. I have bbm .65 and my keyboard works everytime in group chats. No sure why everyone has so much trouble, I am wondering if it has something to do with 3rd party app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 10:04 PM
    i dont know what to do now it says "roll back complete" ....it never said update copmplete... needdd helpppp pleaseee
    04-05-10 10:05 PM
    I would like to reinstall..... never deleted completely.... any help out there? Obviously I need to back everything up but after that....
    04-05-10 10:05 PM
    started with 93.3MB, down to 73MB after upgrade, updated all my apps, deleted the downgrade file, and did a battery pull, back up to 116MB! BALLA!
    how and where did you go to delete the downgrade file?
    04-05-10 10:07 PM
    My touch response time right after update was awesome, really impressive but after a battery pull it feels just like 320 now. I have done 3 battery pulls now and I can not get it back to how it was before the pull. Any help out there?
    04-05-10 10:15 PM
    So how do I solve the issue with Opera, when KB is gone the space where it used to be at is still there on portrait view?
    04-05-10 10:17 PM
    me too..... as a newbie to updates, NOW WHAT? I'm calling this the white screen of death.
    well i got it fixed... are you using a mac? if so this worked great for me....

Dear Friends. I have run into the same problem with my Blackberry and the new Mac Desktop Manager. I have some steps to recover and upload your new OS.

-Start Blackberry Desktop Manager
    -In the Window Menu open the log window
    -Connect your cable to your Blackberry first and then connect to the other end to your mac
    -Now you should see some log lines starting to appear until they repeat showing "Throwing Unsupported Device....." It will loop about 20 to 25 times, then, the Desktop Manager will recognize that it needs to upload the OS on the device and suddenly you will get the window to choose which OS to load. Make sure the battery is in the blackberry otherwise it won't be able to recognize the device PIN.

Hope it helps, it worked for me (Blackberry Curve 8350i Nextel)
    -

took a little while and a some tension... but all is well now...
    04-05-10 10:19 PM
    yep, same here.
    did you hit the BB button and log in to app world? Mine was blank before I did that...
    04-05-10 10:29 PM
    is there any files that can be deleted from this update to free up some memory?

the downgrade file? is it big?
    04-05-10 10:29 PM
    You're saying it is, others are saying it isint? What's the verdict!

Edit: is it an issue with opera...has anyone confirmed this?

Also, any difference from the leak...or are we seeing the same exact thing here
    Back from the other side...

Keyboard is there in BBM Groups....

Quicker than I thought...
    04-05-10 10:36 PM
    messing up my contact list... berrybuzz not working to well with it...
    04-05-10 10:36 PM
    i did lose my BB notepad, tasks list, password keeper and the screen lock icon.... weird..
    04-05-10 10:41 PM
    a little while - yes. some tension - yup. i somehow got thru the white screen with batt pulls and a little bit of stubborn. i had some issues with the restore of my last backup, but again batt pulls and shear stubborness has gotten me to almost back to where i need to be, WITH the new version.

yes, i am on a mac. most of my bb is back, except for screen saver, icon locations and other stuff i'm sure i haven't found yet. all my contacts are there, but are missing alot of email addresses. guess that's next on my list
    04-05-10 10:44 PM
    No problems with Opera mini here, Bolt is also running well....only slight problem is i've logged in to BB App world, but it still doesn't show all of my apps, although they do show up on the homescreen and function correctly
    04-05-10 10:48 PM
    Ok, now i'm getting invalid ringtone whenever i select a factory ringtone... ???
    Looks like a battery pull fixed this. I looked on google and this seems to be a big problem with BB's.
    04-05-10 10:51 PM
    I know alot of people seem to have issues with 607 but for what its worth I have been running the leaked version for about 5 days and this is by far the best OS I have ran yet. I have bbm .65 and my keyboard works everytime in group chats. No sure why everyone has so much trouble, I am wondering if it has something to do with 3rd party app?

I really like this OS and I have been running the leaked version since the day it came out. The overall phone experience is more smooth and I haven't experienced any problems so far. The browser is improved in .607 but obviously not to webkit standards. I get good reception. And for the people that are having problems with BBM, why not just install an older version instead of the one that came with this OS?
    04-05-10 10:51 PM
432 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD