does anyone have the new bbm with the new update.....
    04-05-10 09:09 PM
    i tried to upgrade.....and it messed up my blackberry....i had to take it to the verizon store they finally got it to work.
    04-05-10 09:11 PM
    Have you had issues with your Opera mini browser? I switched from beta to real and it is slower than bb browser? Any thoughts? Also, when talking about memory you are talking app memory correct?
    ill check in a sec- app memory... yea
    04-05-10 09:13 PM
    Yup... Keyboard issue in group chat... Got it... And yes I have Opera Mini... Although, I don't see the correlation...
    What are your settings in Opera, maybe I did something to screw it up. I have deleted then added but still having issues, but I had issues before the update. Beta worked great but official is real slow!
    04-05-10 09:13 PM
    dm failed.. get the reload software 507 error... crap.
    me too..... as a newbie to updates, NOW WHAT? I'm calling this the white screen of death.
    04-05-10 09:15 PM
    Lol I guess so! I'm a tour user...am checking for a friend of mine...I knew it was in the leak, but for vzw to make this their GM with a bug that major!? Wow!

did you miss all the bazillion posts about this?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 09:17 PM
    I know someone has posted this before, but the only way I've found to get the keyboard back in group chat was BB Key->New Chat->Cancel. Also tried an uninstall of Opera Mini just for S&G's, issue still existed. Reinstalling Opera Mini now.
    04-05-10 09:17 PM
    Worked great... notice I said "worked" .... did a battery pull for the heck of it and now it is slllooowwwwww.... the screen is worse than in 320 now. 607 was great but after battery pull, I now have a paperweight!
    04-05-10 09:18 PM
    I guess not too many people are trying this. This is my first update and everything important's backed up so I'll list what I've found so far.

Everything is faster! I mean really fast. Better response time mainly.
    Popup letters on the Portrait keyboard make it so much more accurate and eaiser to type. Same goes for landscape mode.
    Brighter highlight on the keyboad makes for a nice effect
    Finally! The image veiwer works as fast as it's supposed to be! Take that iphone! HA!
    Theme changing is faster and has image previews now.
    Battery life seems to be improved.... For now. Need to test tommorow.
    Browser is a bit faster.
    Data overall seems to be sending and receiving faster
    *Fixed: Update to newest version via app world* Weatherbug doesn't display temp anymore.
    HOLY CRAP! The camera doesn't lag when changing orientation. It doesn't black out either. Instead they canged how it behaves entirely. The picture stays but the UI Shifts with about a second lag. PERFECT! Thx RIM

theme settings were reset.
    App World didn't return but trying to install it now.
    Had to go through the setup wizard all over again and vz navigator setup.
    Radio seems to be be acting strange jumping up and down sometimes but doesn't seem to be affecting calls or data.
    Accelerometer seems to lag a couple seconds.
    Reboot still takes forever. Of course this is simply a matter of waiting for a major OS to be released that fixes it. Come on 6.0!
    Needed to restore quicklaunch activation code and settings via backup.
    GOD DAMNIT RIM! The camera finally works right but you keep the old laggy video cam.

Will report more as I Play with my pretty new OS ^^

I know for a fact I will be flamed for this but I don't use BBM as I don't have any BB user friends (I think that's what it's for right. Not a noob, I just don't wanna bother with chat programs). So sorry but I can't comment on anything the update did to BBM. But I'm assuming a battery pull will fix it.
    Last edited by megas88; 04-05-10 at 09:27 PM.
    04-05-10 09:21 PM
    What are your settings in Opera, maybe I did something to screw it up. I have deleted then added but still having issues, but I had issues before the update. Beta worked great but official is real slow!
    Under Menu->Tools->Settings there a checkbox, "Visual effects"... I unchecked it, saved it, and enabled WiFi... That's it... Seemed to take RIGHT off after that. [v.4.2.14912]
    04-05-10 09:21 PM
    Unable to combine SMS and email inbox. I can't find that option. Hmmm?

04-05-10 09:22 PM
    Voice Command is a bit different most notable the voice.

Also noticed the blue halo when depressing a key on a keyboard is much broader/visible. Still not as good as I would like to help with accuracy.

Anyone find anything else?
    04-05-10 09:24 PM
    I updated my OS on my storm 2 and I like it, but it did delete some of my applications that are pre installed with all blackberries like my memopad and some other applications. Anyone know how to get memopad back?
    Worked great... notice I said "worked" .... did a battery pull for the heck of it and now it is slllooowwwwww.... the screen is worse than in 320 now. 607 was great but after battery pull, I now have a paperweight!
    At the risk of possibly insulting your intelligence, and believe me... I'm not, right after an OS upgrade, I have had the same symptoms... Have you tried pulling the battery again... and again... if needed... Like I said, it's helped me in the past... Good Luck!
    I have been waiting for this update for quite some time now. I've been really frustrated with a few things and hopefully this update will address most of them.
    So far I have noticed the following:
    -The lock button is much more responsive
    -While typing the buttons have a nice blue glow, bigger than before
    -I have gained about 35MB in app memory
    Overall device seems more responsive although that could be due to fresh restart so we won't know for sure until we've all used it for a day or two.
    Definately a worthy update as far as I'm concerned.
    I haven't experienced the issue with the keyboard while using BBM groups, mine works fine.
    After the first boot up from the update I set up all my apps again and set everything back up on my device. It seemed a little sluggish so I did a reboot and that's when I saw a big difference. I definately reccomend a reboot AFTER the initial update.
    **Word to the wise, if you any apps that required a key code make sure you have those because you will need them after the update
    04-05-10 09:25 PM

Inbox - Options - Inbox Settings
    Should find the option to add SMS to inbox there.
    04-05-10 09:29 PM

same here, i think they're combined in the message folder, but the SMS and MMS folder is still visable?
    Last edited by heateris; 04-05-10 at 09:36 PM.
    04-05-10 09:31 PM
    when i put my phone in the holster, or hit the screen lock/power button, instead of showing my owner info, it kills the entire screen till i unlock the phone.
    04-05-10 09:32 PM
    Updated...took about 40 min total. Memory went from 79.9 to 50.1. I'm not happy.

I did a battery pull before griping about my memory.
    Last edited by ToAsT_NYC; 04-05-10 at 09:36 PM. Reason: edit to include batt pull
    04-05-10 09:34 PM
    same here, i think they're combined in the message folder, but the SMS and MMS floder is still visable?
    Open your Inbox, then: BB/Options/Inbox Settings. There, you'll be able to combine all messages to one inbox. After that, simply store all your other folders into another folder (I created a folder called "Stuff" where I throw everything I'm not interested in, which includes all the various email address folders, and the SMS/MMS folders. When finished, I have four complete rows , with either individual docs to appear on my Home Screen or, they're in an assigned folder.
    04-05-10 09:35 PM
    I have been waiting for this update for quite some time now. I've been really frustrated with a few things and hopefully this update will address most of them.
    So far I have noticed the following:
    -The lock button is much more responsive
    -While typing the buttons have a nice blue glow, bigger than before
    -I have gained about 35MB in app memory
    Overall device seems more responsive although that could be due to fresh restart so we won't know for sure until we've all used it for a day or two.
    Definately a worthy update as far as I'm concerned.
    I haven't experienced the issue with the keyboard while using BBM groups, mine works fine.
    After the first boot up from the update I set up all my apps again and set everything back up on my device. It seemed a little sluggish so I did a reboot and that's when I saw a big difference. I definately reccomend a reboot AFTER the initial update.
    **Word to the wise, if you any apps that required a key code make sure you have those because you will need them after the update
    I could not agree more....this update is a must for everybody.

Also, check out the option in the txt message options screen to turn on having the letters displayed above the keys a la' iphone ish

For the moment, i've been tinkering with the new update and all good here!
    04-05-10 09:37 PM
    my world in bb app world is empty all my apps are gone but they r still installed on my bb. wasnt like this before i updated my OS
    anyone havin this prob?
    04-05-10 09:38 PM
    Hmmm...I read this and went and checked myself and the same thing for me. It used to be that the screen went black when locked but if any of the buttons were pressed, a "Screen is Locked" message would appear but you could read the "Owner" info behind it. Now, Owner Info does not show at all! :: grr ::

when i put my phone in the holster, or hit the screen lock/power button, instead of showing my owner info, it kills the entire screen till i unlock the phone.
    04-05-10 09:39 PM
    thats the new lock screen, its suppose to do that
    04-05-10 09:41 PM
    I could not agree more....this update is a must for everybody.

Also, check out the option in the txt message options screen to turn on having the letters displayed above the keys a la' iphone ish

For the moment, i've been tinkering with the new update and all good here!
    Huh? I'm looking but dont see anything... ?
    04-05-10 09:42 PM
432 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD