1. Pandora (is there anyone who DOESN'T run Pandora?)
    I don't.

The only thing that really decreases significant battery life for me is when I have Bluetooth running for an extended period of time or Slacker.
    04-14-10 06:53 AM
    I've just recently Upgraded to the .607, and I seem to be having the same Battery problems as in the .320.....I havent noticed a drastic change, both of them for me arent great, at all.
    The phone barely drains any battery while in Idle, because I only have BeWeather going every 30 minutes, but as soon as I start BBM-ing, SMS-ing or calling, it Drains at an alarmingly high rate.
    Should I Downgrade back to .320, and then try the Upgrade again, or should I just accept the fact that I have to carry a second Battery in my pocket wherever I go.
    Can you give a little more info on that? How long are the calls? How many BBMs and SMS are you sending? Are you in a rural area when you use it?

I'm no expert but I do know that phone calls do put a strain on the battery and the longer they are the bigger the strain. If you were seeing the same problem with .320 then it probably is just that you are using it a lot. Also, if you aren't in a 3G network that can put a strain on it. One of the reasons I ditched the iPhone so quick was becasue leaving the 3G network and making calls or browsing the internet killed my battery.

I don't.

The only thing that really decreases significant battery life for me is when I have Bluetooth running for an extended period of time or Slacker.
    I am still adamant that having Bluetooth running doesn't kill the battery. I tried a day with it and a day without it once and it seemed nearly the same. Slacker on the other hand will drain it because you are streaming music. I do love Slacker though.
    04-14-10 11:12 AM
    I agree. I have bluetooth on all day long (well, I used to until .607 screwed that up) and have never seen it impact battery life. It's not like WiFi. Now, if you're doing something that is USING the bluetooth (i.e., phone calls, streaming music, etc.) you'll see a drop, but that's more due to the call or audio use itself, than it is due to the bluetooth feature.

I am still adamant that having Bluetooth running doesn't kill the battery. I tried a day with it and a day without it once and it seemed nearly the same. Slacker on the other hand will drain it because you are streaming music. I do love Slacker though.
    04-14-10 12:29 PM
    The calls arent any longer than 2 or 3 minutes at a time, maybe 3 or 4 a day....so not long. And when I'm BBM-ing non-top for lets say 15 minutes, I'll loose somewhere up to 10 or 15 % life.....
    Should I just buy a super power battery, or is it the fault of the OS....or could it be something else???

Thanks in advance
    04-14-10 04:13 PM
    I'm at 8% per hour.

Since the upgrade I've noticed that I have BB Messanger always on. I can't delete it now.
    Any suggestions how to delete it?
    04-14-10 04:24 PM
    The calls arent any longer than 2 or 3 minutes at a time, maybe 3 or 4 a day....so not long. And when I'm BBM-ing non-top for lets say 15 minutes, I'll loose somewhere up to 10 or 15 % life.....
    Should I just buy a super power battery, or is it the fault of the OS....or could it be something else???

Thanks in advance
    something else is wrong. I can be on the phone for over an hour, use pandora for over an hour, use BBM many times, and by the end of the day I'm not down below 80% hardly ever. my wife's phone also has no battery problem. u either have a bad battery or u have too many funky utilities running. I don't have any utilities on our phones. no themes. no meterberry, berrymeter, metermeter, ledwhizbang, quickpullmyleg, batteryjerk, dancinggirls, or any other type of "utility". I'm guessing that's why I have no trouble with my battery.
    04-14-10 04:25 PM
    I've been running .607 since it leaked. I have no issued with this on my Blackberry or my wifes. Weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 05:51 PM

Bluetooth sure kills mine. Yesturday I was driving and about 6 hours into my day running it, the batt was all but dead. I always carry an extra one so no big deal.
    04-15-10 06:55 AM
    yep its madness... I'm loosing 17.5% per hour on this build. Nice official release!
    Same here, and I reloaded this OS 4 times on two different handsets.
    04-15-10 11:49 AM
    Last night I removed BBM5 and it has helped alot.

I was averaging 8/10% per hour and now I'm approx 4%.
    04-15-10 04:16 PM
    Same here, and I reloaded this OS 4 times on two different handsets.
    Tks for this post. You saved me a lot of trouble. I was tempted to reload and now I won't.

Battery sucks w/new OS
    04-15-10 06:59 PM
    I think it may be all about the radio. I just got back from Disney. On the plane with radio off battery life was great. At Disney the signal was weak and I was draining at 4-9%/hr with minimal use. At Seaworld I was at 4 bars and down to 1-2% idling. This is consistent with my best performance on prior hybrids. Back home in NJ with 4-5 bars I'm at 1% idling.

So other than the 3rd party app issues, this OS is good for me when I have a decent signal. Once they fix the radio (I notice more weak signals as others have mentioned), I'll be very happy.

04-17-10 10:33 AM
    Bottom line for me is that when i upgraded to .607 from .320 my battery wouldn't last more than 5 or 6 hours. I went back to .320 and i am back to well over 16 hours. Between this issue and the bluetooth volume problem i have no choice but to use .320. I am happy enough with .320 it not to complain too much. I will wait and see what OS (if any) come out next.
    04-17-10 10:51 AM
    My battery life, which I've been closely monitoring since the release, is nowhere near as bad as what some of you are reporting, which leaves me wondering. I can, with moderate use (a few phone calls (= less than an hour total), tons of emails, a few bbms, lot of web use, some calendar use and some game time, and I'm nowhere near shut down. I have my GPS always on, BerryWeather is polling every half hour, and while I feel that my battery life is decreased, it's nothing like you're describing here.
    04-17-10 01:02 PM
    Know what kills my radio? Meterberry! I have it still on but when I tested the theory, my battery drain was under 2% and now it run 4 to 6 % and spikes up to mid 20's when on long calls. Maybe the constant monitoring is the issue? Anyone else?
    04-17-10 01:23 PM
    I've not seen that with the exception of a seemingly increased drain during long calls. I have not tested the MeterBerry on/off to see if this has anything to do with it. I'd be surprised if it did, though. Do you have your logging turned on? If so, what frequency do you have it set for? Mine is set to every 30 minutes.

Know what kills my radio? Meterberry! I have it still on but when I tested the theory, my battery drain was under 2% and now it run 4 to 6 % and spikes up to mid 20's when on long calls. Maybe the constant monitoring is the issue? Anyone else?
    04-17-10 01:27 PM
    your comment is a prime example of why I run zero utilities. I get average hourly drain rates of between .3% and 2%/hr depending on how much I use the phone and Pandora during the day.
    04-17-10 07:07 PM
    its not meterberry, it doesnt constantly monitor anything. it simple grabs a couple readings at your set time. i have it set up to update every hour, so every hour it takes a battery, temp, and mem reading and updates a log. thats it. i have been using that app for over a year and it never has given me any battery or memory problems.

On many OS, making phone calls kill the battery. just as you describe. I have seen my battery drop 10% after a 28 minute call before. Many experience this behavior.

Heat is also a key factor. if your store is running hot (100* or higher) then the battery is often being sucked dry too.
    04-17-10 07:24 PM
    Those of you having problems, go back to the original post and read what it says to fix it. I have been running at about 2% per day since I took the time to do that. It's a pain in the rear but at least my battery is normal again. The problem isn't with the OS but rather with something that happened during your upgrade. And if you have tried downgrading and upgrading again but still have the problem then make sure you are not doing the backup/restore part of the upgrade.
    04-18-10 05:38 AM
    I had the same problem as the OP, did a similar solution and it worked for me. Now get about 1-2%/hour battery drain (with minimal use).
    04-18-10 04:56 PM
    I think it may be all about the radio. I just got back from Disney. On the plane with radio off battery life was great. At Disney the signal was weak and I was draining at 4-9%/hr with minimal use. At Seaworld I was at 4 bars and down to 1-2% idling. This is consistent with my best performance on prior hybrids. Back home in NJ with 4-5 bars I'm at 1% idling.

So other than the 3rd party app issues, this OS is good for me when I have a decent signal. Once they fix the radio (I notice more weak signals as others have mentioned), I'll be very happy.

I am using an app called Radio Saver which turns the radios off when the signal gets too weak. This is configurable. It really works well to save the battery. Under the previous OS this worked great. Not sure yet whether it works with .607 since I haven't been in areas where the signal is weak recently.
    04-18-10 05:00 PM
    I did a battery pull and only delete email on my phone,now my battery life is much much better.
    04-18-10 07:20 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD