I had extremely bad battery life on this new official build until the phone had time to settle in. I did a few battery pulls, and now, I have had the phone on without charging it since about 2:00pm yesterday and its 10:30am now, its at 75% still. After it settled it switched around and now I'm getting extremely good battery life.. lolz.
    03-27-10 09:30 AM
    I also deleted a bunch of 3rd party apps over several days, watching for changes in battery life. I have MeterBerry on my Storm, which is what I monitor.

The first day, I got rid of Opera Mini and there was a dramatic improvement in battery life immediately. Still went down quickly, but nowhere as fast as before!

Next day, I deleted the Windows 7 theme in favor of AppleBerry v7, which I've used before successfully. Again some improvement, but not huge.

On the 3rd day, I deleted the StormSlider and, believe it or not, that seemed to make a significant difference. Before I deleted it, the battery could be at, say, 76 percent and after a StormSlider lock and unlock, the battery would instantly be at 73 or 74 percent! I have no idea why, except that maybe coming out of repeated screen locks takes a lot of juice (??)

Otherwise, the rest of the 3rd party apps I got rid of were minor ones. After the StormSlider deletion, the battery life has plateaued as a somewhat reasonable level. However, I still need to monitor it during the day and wouldn't travel anywhere away from a charger without the2600 extended battery.

In addition to all this, I lengthened the update times for WeatherBug and MeterBerry. I was already operating with 911 only for GPS, 1xev, radio off, and had StormSlider set to activate whenever the screen light dimmed.

Today, it's at a 1.2 percent/hr discharge rate - much better than the 3-5 percent of a few days ago. However, I notice phone calls are a major drain and, so far today, there haven't been any to influence the numbers.
    03-27-10 12:36 PM
    I went back to 320
    Ouch! that had to hurt.
    Try OOaks .591 hybrid as I'm getting good results all around and now I only have to charge every other day.
    03-27-10 12:57 PM
    I know this is a little off the thread topic but I too have had awful battery life on .517. I wanted to download one of the hybrids that have been mentioned here but everytime I try my computer tells me that the link is broken. I've never had a problem downloading a leak or a hybrid before but I'm unable to get any of these to work and its starting to frustrate me considerably. Has anyone else had a similar issue or is it just me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 03:31 PM
    I upgraded from .320 a couple days ago, and my battery life actually seems to be about double what it was before. But, I haven't been making many calls so I'm wondering if that will make a big difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 05:22 PM
    Okay, so again, I'm on the .517/.591 OOAK hybrid. Prior to this, I was on the .517/.497 OOAK hybrid and the battery life wasn't working for me...

I'm proud to say that my phone has been off the charger since about 9:30 a.m. this morning (about 15 hours ago) and I've sent email, surfed on my Mini Opera, Facebook, listened to Pandora for about 30 minutes, and I'm at 55% battery left!

This is sweet!
    03-27-10 11:19 PM
    Okay, so again, I'm on the .517/.591 OOAK hybrid. Prior to this, I was on the .517/.497 OOAK hybrid and the battery life wasn't working for me...

I'm proud to say that my phone has been off the charger since about 9:30 a.m. this morning (about 15 hours ago) and I've sent email, surfed on my Mini Opera, Facebook, listened to Pandora for about 30 minutes, and I'm at 55% battery left!

This is sweet!
    Where do I download this firmware? I looked on bbhybrids but i couldnt find it.
    I am having veryy bad battery life right now. My phone drops 10% in 30 minutes and i wasnt even talking on the phone, just email checking.

Thanks
    04-16-10 08:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD