:::.517/.580 Based Version) OOAKDPC .676 for the 9550/9520::::

<snip>

9550 - Install 517, replace the files in the .517 java folder with the hybrid files and install.

9520 - Install 580, replace the files in the .580 java folder with the hybrid files and install.
    <snip>
    See the first post of this thread...
    05-08-10 06:15 AM
    Very fast reboot times accompany this hybrid. The battery life seems erratic though. I'll give it more time to "stabilize".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very fast as in 2-3 minutes or higher?
    05-08-10 07:05 AM
    Meterberry says my last reboot was 4 minutes long. I'm used to 5-10 minutes. Keyboard lag disappeared so I'm guessing the OS is finally starting to settle in (already did 3 battery pulls after loading). media player did drain my battery a lot last night. But wasn't as bad as prior OS/Hybrids I've tried. Love the .517 radio.

05-08-10 08:50 AM
    The funny thing is I downloaded the .rar lava folder to my BB with opera mini 5. The bb browser couldn't even load the link lol. The shrunk version only took like 5-10 minutes to download on the verizon network.

Why would you download it from your phone? Like, as a speed test or something?

05-08-10 09:25 AM
    Very fast as in 2-3 minutes or higher?
    I would say about 2-3 minutes. In hindsight, the phone boots up about a minute faster than before.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 05-08-10 at 02:19 PM.
    05-08-10 02:13 PM
    can anyone tell me how i can install a hybrid using a mac with osx 10.4????
    bootcamp dual boot windows on you mac. mac os wont handle .exe file format
    05-08-10 03:02 PM
    Day #2 running this hybrid and all is good still so far. Battery life seems pretty good so far. No complaints so far. Not sure if its just in my mind or not, but IMO picture quality is better when taking pictures, and thf accelerometer seems quite a bit more responsive.

05-08-10 03:11 PM
    This hybrid running great so far. It might be my imagination but seems like FB news feeds and status updates are loading faster than usual.

05-08-10 03:19 PM
    I've been on this hybrid for a little under 24 hours. It's holding up well. Browser is certainly faster. Overall, it's good.
    05-08-10 11:03 PM
    I have an odd problem (I came from your previous .517 build) where everything is rather sluggish for about the first hour or so after a reboot. I am going back to the previous build...
    05-08-10 11:09 PM
    Anyone having issue with gears or getting into the gears settings on the browser?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-08-10 11:29 PM
    Hi OOAK! Just wanted to say thank you and also that while this hybrid, word completion keeps re enabling itself when it is set to auto completion.

OOAK, you other hybrids did not have this issue at all.

What cod files can I replace in order to make this work?

05-08-10 11:46 PM
    This hybrid rocks! I'm on day 2, and battery life is awesome. I am averaging 1.1% drain on idle, and voice calls aren't eating up the battery nearly as bad as any .607 OS has been.

Keyboard lag is minimal, browser is ultra fast (fast enough where I don't even use Opera anymore), signal strength is much more consistent than .607, and just runs really great in general.

After being unsatisfied with many different .607 hybrids, I actually went back and tried a few .451 hybrids, but they felt much slower than all of the .517 and .607 hybrids. So I decided to try this .517 hybrid and it was the answer to my problem.
    05-08-10 11:48 PM
    Works smooth. Tanks man.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-09-10 06:46 AM
    I used the 517/604 from OOAK, now on the 607/676. Might go back and try this, it seems like anything based on the 517 always runs smoother.
    05-09-10 07:47 AM
    I agree with dkingsf. 517 runs far smoother, and I too prefer it to 607. This is the first time I've had to downgrade, been on BlackBerries for five years now.
    05-09-10 08:26 AM
    Hi OOAK! Just wanted to say thank you and also that while this hybrid, word completion keeps re enabling itself when it is set to auto completion.

OOAK, you other hybrids did not have this issue at all.

What cod files can I replace in order to make this work?

I would imagine it would be any of the following:

net_rim_bb_options_SpellcheckableOptions
    the net_rim_tid_words_injector
    net_rim_tid_spell_check
    net_rim_bb_spellcheck
    05-09-10 09:12 AM
    I'm uploading a slightly updated version of the hybrid to the already existing links

-changed the bluetooth and theme cods

should be up in about an hour
    05-09-10 02:31 PM
    I'm uploading a slightly updated version of the hybrid to the already existing links

-changed the bluetooth and theme cods

should be up in about an hour
    OAAK can we BBSAK the new files in? or have to upload the whole new Hybrid again? Thanks for the work you do to improve our BB experience.
    05-09-10 04:48 PM
    OAAK can we BBSAK the new files in? or have to upload the whole new Hybrid again? Thanks for the work you do to improve our BB experience.
    you should be able to bbsak the files in, the only two files you need are the theme cod and the net_rim_bluetooth cod
    05-09-10 04:50 PM
    Battery life seems worse for me. The first day of loading is was alright around 4-5% but now I'm between 10-20% discharge with just moderate to heavy use.

05-09-10 05:59 PM
    you should be able to bbsak the files in, the only two files you need are the theme cod and the net_rim_bluetooth cod
    Ok thanks again
    05-09-10 06:52 PM
    The voice portion of this hybrid is MUCH BETTER on battery than the .607/.676 hybrid. This hybrid is giving me about a 21% per hour drain on voice calls. The .607/.676 hybrid was draining about 39% per hour on voice calls.
    05-10-10 12:04 AM
    so far so good,
    using earlier 604, i have problem with the keyboard during signal changes from 3G to 2G (VIce versa). Usually my keyboard stuck and hard to press.

with this one, after 4 hours using changing automatically from 2G to 3G without any keyboard problem.

Display flip is faster.
    05-10-10 06:27 AM
    Loaded this hybrid on Saturday. Pasted over 517 and shrunk it. Two days and a couple battery pulls later, it is running great on my 9550. I prefer this over 607 based hybrids.

517 Pros over 607:
    faster boot up
    keyboard bug gone
    keyboard letters are bigger (my preference)
    holds a better signal (my device at least)
    and of course, it's "faster"

I'm always on my phone, so my battery life is always bad, regardless of OS, lol.

Great work as always OOAKDPC. I'm hoping our next leak will fix the issues 607 had.
    05-10-10 12:41 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD