I ll donate an iphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 08:12 PM
    I would pay a good deal for an app that would let me do threaded sms. Scary thimg I just discovered is that I apparently can't even receive threaded sms from other people. Is there any way or remedying this?
    03-22-09 08:21 PM
    I just dont get why we'd have to pay for something that we should have on the phone regardless
    03-22-09 08:25 PM
    I dont get it. Someone explain to me what your idea of threaded SMS is, and why the SMS system on BB's is inferior to say WinMo SMS?
    03-22-09 08:28 PM
    What do you prefer? Texting or bbms-ing? i prefer bbms for example because you can see the convo.
    03-22-09 08:29 PM
    since money seems to grow on trees and we can print what amount is needed hows 0ne trillion dollars sound...any way i doubt this would unless third party. im sorry but all these type of requist for rim to implement in the OS is insane. if rim wanted they would have already done it..
    03-22-09 08:34 PM
    kick me in for $10. sorry, times are tough.
    03-22-09 08:40 PM
    I'm game for $10.
    03-22-09 08:45 PM
    Ummmm am I the only one who has threaded sms on their Storm??
    03-22-09 09:00 PM
    WTF?! how?
    03-22-09 09:05 PM
    I'll throw up $10 for the cause, I absolutely LOVE threaded SMS.
    03-22-09 09:06 PM
    We all obviously have that, but it's nowhere near as good as it could be. Just check the SMS on all other PDA's.
    03-22-09 09:10 PM
    You could throw in whatever you want, but I'm sure someone would have made it if it were possible.

Also... the BB already has threaded sms...

They mean PRETTY threaded SMS like JiveTalk...
    03-22-09 09:13 PM
    We all obviously have that, but it's nowhere near as good as it could be. Just check the SMS on all other PDA's.
    Oh, so you just want better threaded SMS. Shoot, I was beginning to feel special!
    03-22-09 09:13 PM
    dmg,
    Why cant you create this? We all can tell how good of a programmer you are. We, as a nation, are already willing to pay ~300 dollars to whoever can create this, and we think it should be you. You are our most trustworthy developer and we will do anything to assist you. Please, for us, for our nation, and for mankind, please make us these very much needed app!
    Thanks,
    CN
    03-22-09 09:40 PM
    Its probably not possible otherwise ime sure it would have been done a long time ago

03-22-09 10:29 PM
    To be honest, I've never looked into sms / mms features. The little bit I've read on them seems like a nightmare to me.

The api is really secure, which is a good thing. The last thing I want is 3rd party apps snooping around my messages.
    03-22-09 11:57 PM
    That's not what we want. We want a threaded SMS application that looks and feels as if we were chatting via AOL, Yahoo or MSN messengers. That's the most simple way to put it.

------
    Talk about irony. I thought everything about the treo 700wx sucked except the physical KB and the SMS client. I did have to go out and find that client, but it existed. It looked a lot like very first stand-alone AOL chat client.. but it worked and was free.
    03-23-09 12:38 AM
    I'm a new Java dev.. gonna take a crack at it in a few days when school/work dies down for a minute.. I'm not very good yet, so I probably won't be able to get out a whole app by myself, but I can try, and let you guys know from a developer's standpoint how realistic it is.

Whoever gets this app out first is going to make a killing O_o
    03-23-09 12:42 AM
    Dmg what do u mean by api?

03-23-09 06:09 AM
    $200

Dont know if anybody will try, but I'm in.
    03-23-09 07:14 AM
    ill throw in 15 doll hairs
    man this joke doesnt really really work when you read it

but seriously though. do it
    03-23-09 11:11 AM
    APIs are how you access certain functions inside the blackberry OS from the code in your application. RIM secures these so that not every jim bob dev can create apps for the BB. To gain access to these APIs you have to have code keys, or else the program wont run.

Now I thought I saw this somewhere before, but it is possible to do threaded SMS, but the problem is, it creates a new folder (per se) that holds the SMS msgs. So when you check a message in the threaded msgs app, it will not show the origional sms as read. Therefore you will still see 15 new msgs on your home screen.

Dont quote me on that, but I believe that is the whole problem with the threaded sms.
    03-23-09 01:56 PM
    I'll put down 25 and raise DMG's 100.00...

uh... what
    03-23-09 02:02 PM
    Any Howard Stern fans here? On todays show Howard was talking about switching switching from a Treo to BB (theres been a lot of BB talk lately on there). He said he would switch in a second but he wanted threaded SMS like the Treo. Back on subject id pay $10 for threaded SMS if it was possible.

"I would get the blackberry today, but when you text message, which im now getting into, when you text message, you guys have the worst feature on that blackberry" Howard on todays show.
    Here's a summary from what he had to say, more can be found here: MarksFriggin.com - Howard Stern Show News
    and scroll down to 6:45 am, they also talk about slingbox, and bash the iphone a little bit.

Howard said that he's still looking at new phones and he's not sure what to go with. He said he has an old Palm Treo but he hasn't updated it because he has Lotus Notes email and not all of the phones have that ability. Howard said he found out that he doesn't have 3G on his phone so that's why he's so upset about it being so slow.

Howard said that he's heard that if he texts other people he can see the whole conversation. Other people don't have that ability. Robin thought that was Instant Messaging but Howard said it's texting, not IM. He said all of the texts are kept under one thing. He showed them what he was talking about and showed that the texts aren't all over the place.
    Last edited by Shao128; 03-23-09 at 06:45 PM.
    03-23-09 06:38 PM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD