Damn, I booted up at 42 mb at 11:20 and I am already down to 30 mb in less than an hour, it's 12 here now. What the **** is going on with my phone? I would love to hover in the high 30's or 40's like a lot of people seem to be.
    04-24-09 02:04 PM
    Damn, I booted up at 42 mb at 11:20 and I am already down to 30 mb in less than an hour, it's 12 here now. What the **** is going on with my phone? I would love to hover in the high 30's or 40's like a lot of people seem to be.
    Delete weatherbug and app world then do a batt pul
    04-24-09 02:08 PM
    I'm looking at the Application Memory

I'd like to see a screenshot if you're running 14 apps and holding 59.2mb
    My bad, I was looking at device memory. I have 20 MB free.
    04-24-09 02:45 PM
    I know this isn't directly related, but you guys seem to know what you're talking about so here it goes:
    1) What's the best app to boost/save/conserve memory?
    2) What can I get rid of on my Storm? Do I need the "Email Setup Application", etc?
    04-24-09 03:14 PM
    Download the oneofakind OS .132
    04-24-09 03:36 PM
    I'm always around 29 - 30. 30 for me is a fresh battery pull. Still running .75 with little to no problems.
    04-24-09 04:08 PM

I am running 34 Apps and 10 Launchers... As you see I Boot with 39 MB +/- and I run between 25 MB - 35 MB all day with medium to heavy usage. I have MeterBerry do a reboot every morning at 4:45 am and and this thing runs like greased lightning!!!

I run:

18 Apps: Ap Mobile News (Free Ver), BB File Scout, Berry Torch, Capture It, Easy Button, Google Maps, MeterBerry, Pandora, Poynt, Shazam, Speedtest, Storm Level Pro, StormSaber, StormSketch, TalkLock , Wall Street Journal Mobile, Wetherbug , You Tube

16 Games: Berry Labyrinth, Brick Breaker, Bubble Burst, Code Breaker, Connect Four, Flight Path, Lights Out, Memory, Nintaii, Solytare, Space Travel, StormYahtzee, Tiltris, Touch Bubbles, Word Mole, Zen Table Tennis

10 Launchers: Amazon, Bank of America, Crackberry, Ebay, EDL Industries (BB Launchers), F***MyLife, Howard Forums, Mobihand, Storm Forums, Yellowbook

I'm running .132 and when Shrinking with the program in my Signature I leave: The 2 games, Word ToGo and Sheet ToGo, Default Font, SIM Card and Voice Notes... I also pull the System Ringtones back manually (just in case the system needs to use them).

I am VERY pleased with this setup and the speed in which this baby goes.
    04-24-09 06:12 PM
    I've got 24 apps boot at 53 and stay steady in the high 40s

Same things on my other (old) storm would boot at 30 and leak to single digits....

I use crackmem to slim down my operating systems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 06:20 PM
    Its not always about your apps but your theme as well. some themes are huge memory hogs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 06:41 PM
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the storm's are VERY different. Even running a slimmed OS I don't boot with more than 45 megs, (I don't remove EVERYTHING, but a good majority of it) and then I run down to ~12 within a few hours. I have meterberry scheduled to reboot every morning, since I eventually get to single digits and the phone stops working very well. I am not running 1/3 of the programs that most of these other people are running.

Theme: <<enso || levitation>> SE

Apps: Aerize Optimizer
    AIM
    App Store (CB)
    BuzzMe
    App World
    BBM
    Brickbreaker
    CB (launcher)
    Docs to go
    Google Maps
    Helicopter
    logmaid
    Meterberry
    Pandora
    Poynt
    Stormslider
    Vymail
    Word Mole

I had to remove facebook 1.5 because that killed my memory even faster.
    Last edited by Kylazin; 04-24-09 at 06:43 PM.
    04-24-09 06:41 PM
    We are using very condensed OS's, also getting rid of anything we don't use.

I'm running 14 or so apps and I am holding steady at 35ish
    You should use the slimmed down OS from oneofakindpc .132 and i have a startup of 53.0 MB

Running Vista complete theme and 12 programs
    04-24-09 06:50 PM
    I am starting to feel like I got a gimped storm. This thing eats memory for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I rebooted at 12:50 today and had 42 mb. Right now it is 5:20 and I am down to 14 and dropping constantly.

All I have for apps is trapster, berry buzz, and quick pull.

Should I take it back?

EDIT: It is now 5:35 and I am at 13.4 mb
    Last edited by Str8crazzy; 04-24-09 at 07:33 PM.
    04-24-09 07:30 PM
    I am starting to feel like I got a gimped storm. This thing eats memory for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I rebooted at 12:50 today and had 42 mb. Right now it is 5:20 and I am down to 14 and dropping constantly.

All I have for apps is trapster, berry buzz, and quick pull.

Should I take it back?

EDIT: It is now 5:35 and I am at 13.4 mb
    What OS??? For me the higher the OS the better is handles memory...
    04-24-09 09:27 PM
    Running .109 w/a dozen apps, quickpull gets me to high 20's, 30 from time to time, but within the day it's down in the teens.

But hey, it's not like it really matters here. I'm puzzled too as to why others can get numbers in the 40's and 50's, but does it bother me? Nope. As long as the functions work the way I need them to, I say heck with it. When Verizon finally releases an official OS I'm figuring it will improve.

And within a week or so I'll likely move to .132 as well.

If your phone stops working due to low mem, that's another story. Otherwise, ignore all this stuff, it can bog you down.

04-24-09 09:30 PM
    What OS??? For me the higher the OS the better is handles memory...
    I'm running .132
    04-24-09 09:37 PM
    I'm running .132
    I would think it is the OS load... I have had to start over before because something didn't go right...

I usually just uninstall the OS from my computer then reinstall it from the .exe and shrink it again...
    04-24-09 09:42 PM
    I would think it is the OS load... I have had to start over before because something didn't go right...

I usually just uninstall the OS from my computer then reinstall it from the .exe and shrink it again...
    I actually wiped the device, reloaded stock os then upgraded to .132 and I was having massive memory loss. I'm not sure why eats the memory so fast.
    04-24-09 10:00 PM

I am running 34 Apps and 10 Launchers... As you see I Boot with 39 MB +/- and I run between 25 MB - 35 MB all day with medium to heavy usage. I have MeterBerry do a reboot every morning at 4:45 am and and this thing runs like greased lightning!!!

I run:

18 Apps: Ap Mobile News (Free Ver), BB File Scout, Berry Torch, Capture It, Easy Button, Google Maps, MeterBerry, Pandora, Poynt, Shazam, Speedtest, Storm Level Pro, StormSaber, StormSketch, TalkLock , Wall Street Journal Mobile, Wetherbug , You Tube

16 Games: Berry Labyrinth, Brick Breaker, Bubble Burst, Code Breaker, Connect Four, Flight Path, Lights Out, Memory, Nintaii, Solytare, Space Travel, StormYahtzee, Tiltris, Touch Bubbles, Word Mole, Zen Table Tennis

10 Launchers: Amazon, Bank of America, Crackberry, Ebay, EDL Industries (BB Launchers), F***MyLife, Howard Forums, Mobihand, Storm Forums, Yellowbook

I'm running .132 and when Shrinking with the program in my Signature I leave: The 2 games, Word ToGo and Sheet ToGo, Default Font, SIM Card and Voice Notes... I also pull the System Ringtones back manually (just in case the system needs to use them).

I am VERY pleased with this setup and the speed in which this baby goes.

I am so jealous! I wish I had never read this thread.
    05-13-09 02:32 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD