i heard there's a new update coming out on 5/31. does anyone have info about what features may change?

i still have the verizon version from awhile ago. would it be safe to update to this new one or should i wait and see how it runs?

i don't know much about this stuff

please help
    05-31-09 12:35 AM
    i heard there's a new update coming out on 5/31. does anyone have info about what features may change?

i still have the verizon version from awhile ago. would it be safe to update to this new one or should i wait and see how it runs?

please help
    Please go into the Storm OS subforum (listed at the top of the page) There are dozens of threads discussing exactly what your asking.
    05-31-09 12:39 AM

please help
    What??? A new OS??? Never heard this news!
    05-31-09 12:39 AM
    Here's change log...kinda long!
    05-31-09 12:52 AM
    thanks guys.

i wish i understood what any of this meant.

i read the thread about how to do the upgrade but i'm still pretty confused.

is there something wrong with doing it through desktop manager? because i noticed i could upgrade there...
    05-31-09 12:54 AM
    Desktop an option but can you trust OTA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 01:23 AM
    thanks guys.

i wish i understood what any of this meant.

i read the thread about how to do the upgrade but i'm still pretty confused.

is there something wrong with doing it through desktop manager? because i noticed i could upgrade there...
    Nothing wrong with that, you'll just have to wait until the 3rd or something .

Desktop an option but can you trust OTA?

Why can't you trust OTA exactly? It's probably more secure than the internet.
    05-31-09 01:26 AM
    Think OTA is simpler. Haven't done.
    05-31-09 01:36 AM
    So what does that mean. To update at three eastern time you'll need to hook up to the computer? I hope this is not the case : ( Otherwise that'd suck I have to work, so the OTA doesn't come out till 9 pm?
    05-31-09 01:38 AM
    So what does that mean. To update at three eastern time you'll need to hook up to the computer? I hope this is not the case : ( Otherwise that'd suck I have to work, so the OTA doesn't come out till 9 pm?
    Yes to both. You could download it to a PC starting at 3 pm, but it will not be up for OTA until 9pm
    05-31-09 01:51 AM
    Yes to both. You could download it to a PC starting at 3 pm, but it will not be up for OTA until 9pm
    If your using Eastern Time, that would be 3 PM for the web, 10PM for OTA.

Customers will be able to get the update via the Web at BlackBerry - Update your Device Software beginning Sunday, May 31 from 3 p.m. Eastern Time. Verizon Wireless will also be rolling this update out to customers through an over-the-air download beginning Sunday night (10 p.m. Eastern Time). To get the download over the air, go to Options> Advanced Options > Wireless Updates.
    05-31-09 01:55 AM
    With the exception of the vendor.xml file, what do you think could possibly be different between the official and the .148 leak????
    05-31-09 02:12 AM
    With the exception of the vendor.xml file, what do you think could possibly be different between the official and the .148 leak????
    Nothing.

10char
    05-31-09 02:19 AM
    Actually according to joe there are several differences.

05-31-09 03:06 AM

Whose Joe? And why does what he say go?

05-31-09 03:12 AM

Joe? Please do tell who this Joe is. And what differences?
    05-31-09 03:18 AM
    You heard of Joe the Plumber .......... now we got Joe Da CrackBerry Man!
    05-31-09 05:41 AM

Joe just happens to be WRONG!
    05-31-09 07:15 AM
    Joe mama
    (Sorry had to)
    05-31-09 07:36 AM
    Joe mama
    (Sorry had to)
    Thats funny right there!!!!
    05-31-09 07:53 AM
    For the 1 billionth time there is no difference between the leaked version and the "official" version other then the vendor.xml file.

Oh sure there is the flux capacitor thing but you still need to have a Delorian to make it work. I noticed no one talked about that.
    05-31-09 08:04 AM
    please click on this other thread and read the last post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/14...63/index5.html
    05-31-09 11:25 AM
    or for those of you that dont want to click on it here is the quote from Crucial_Xtreme, and yes he would be the one that is in the know about these things.

Ok, I'm going to explain this one last time. When a revision is built, it is sent to carriers for certification. Not to be re-written in any way shape or form. If the build does not pass, it does not pass and they move on to the next one. But NO CARRIER RE-WRITES RIM's CODE!! None. The same .148 you can get now is the same as Verizon is release. Just because Verizon releases it doesn't mean it won't have any bugs and will be perfect. Anyways, just wanted to say it one last time before I close this thread.
    05-31-09 11:27 AM
    Well I guess I am screwed then. Leaked .148 sucks on my phone. but it's still better than .75
    05-31-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD