EDIT: FALST ALARM. WHILE I DID NOT HAVE ANY OS INSTALLED ON MY PC, IT IS THE SAME BEHAVIOR THAT SEEMS TO COME WITH THAT. THIS IS STILL .230. SORRY FOR BEING NOOBTASTIC(DESPITE NOT BEING A NOOB).

Just hooked up my storm to load a few apps I hadn't done yet and it gives me the option to update my OS, including some 5.0 core apps... now I know I got this before, but it always said 4.7 in that spot... didn't it?

here is screen shot!

Giving it a try!!!!
    Last edited by McCracken; 09-22-09 at 08:53 AM.
    09-22-09 08:21 AM
    Did you download any of the 5.x leaks? If not, that would be interesting.
    09-22-09 08:28 AM
    I was running .230

I did the update, but walked away. It is almost done so we will see what it did.... I could be nuts...
    09-22-09 08:29 AM
    It is most definitely a 5.0 build... as it is a black load screen! Official from RIM?????!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-22-09 08:32 AM
    I will try to have screenshots up in 5 minutes of the loaded product.
    09-22-09 08:34 AM
    hmmm.... DM just closed while waiting for the final device initialization.... I am still in the initial load up of the os, but experience tells me that this always takes forever.... We will see I guess....
    09-22-09 08:37 AM
    I'm pretty sure it is happening because you have previous 5.0 build(s) loaded onto your computer.
    09-22-09 08:38 AM
    Mine does this too when I don't have the WiFi on my laptop disabled. I am pretty sure it's just reinstalling .230
    09-22-09 08:43 AM
    It installed .230 again....

here it is

Don't know what was different, if anything. ANyone have the old screenshot?
    09-22-09 08:45 AM
    Seems wierd that it would reinstall .230 though... Guess it was a false alarm, but why is it updating .230... Hm... Don't know why I never had that before. It always offered to install a 4.7 OS
    09-22-09 08:47 AM
    Congratulations on installing the same OS over again.

This is a known issue with DM when you leave an OS lingering around on a PC. It always seems to think there's an update to install.
    09-22-09 08:47 AM
    I'm pretty sure it is happening because you have previous 5.0 build(s) loaded onto your computer.

I thought this too... But I removed .191 from the install of .230 after installing it. Seems strange. Whatever... still got .230. Sorry for the noobtastic false alarm
    09-22-09 08:48 AM
    Congratulations on installing the same OS over again.

This is a known issue with DM when you leave an OS lingering around on a PC. It always seems to think there's an update to install.
    Like I said, I didn't have a previous OS lingering around, and that is why I was surprised. None the less, it was the same OS.

Congratutions again Civic on being the queen ***** of the Storm Forums. God I wish you'd get a tour and GTFO.
    09-22-09 08:49 AM
    Like I said, I didn't have a previous OS lingering around, and that is why I was surprised. None the less, it was the same OS.

Congratutions again Civic on being the queen ***** of the Storm Forums. God I wish you'd get a tour and GTFO.
    WTF is your problem a**hole? I didn't say anything to offend you first! Might want to pump your brakes.

Now, back on topic. Like I said, you wouldn't be the first to think that you uninstalled ALL previous OSs and didn't. There's something lingering around somewhere. I spend an entire thread with another person a few weeks ago going through the same thing... eventually he found what he had left behind. This is most likely your issue. RIM or VZW is not going to put out .230, too many key issues with it to make it official.
    09-22-09 08:54 AM
    WTF is your problem a**hole? I didn't say anything to offend you first! Might want to pump your brakes.

Now, back on topic. Like I said, you wouldn't be the first to think that you uninstalled ALL previous OSs and didn't. There's something lingering around somewhere. I spend an entire thread with another person a few weeks ago going through the same thing... eventually he found what he had left behind. This is most likely your issue. RIM or VZW is not going to put out .230, too many key issues with it to make it official.
    I understand they wouldn't put out .230. I also went through add/remove before hand and checked in rim common files for any trace of .191/.230. I don't know what happened, especially since it was my 4th sync in a row. Seems strange is all.

This isn't my first leak. I get how it works, I just couldn't find a trace of an old os.

You walk into every thread with a condescending attitude and think you are the queen of this ****. Guess what, there are about 8 people who give a damn what you think. Move on.
    09-22-09 09:00 AM
    I understand they wouldn't put out .230. I also went through add/remove before hand and checked in rim common files for any trace of .191/.230. I don't know what happened, especially since it was my 4th sync in a row. Seems strange is all.

This isn't my first leak. I get how it works, I just couldn't find a trace of an old os.

You walk into every thread with a condescending attitude and think you are the queen of this ****. Guess what, there are about 8 people who give a damn what you think. Move on.
    Whatever dude, check and recheck. Something is there... and it's not just the file locations that dictate these loads. Did you check the loader references in your registry?

I speak from experience... this is a known bug with DM, nothing more nothing less. How is that my fault that you seem to read too much into my posts? I think you need to step back, go outside and take a deep breath of the nice Washington air for a few minutes to cool your head.
    09-22-09 09:09 AM
    AWWWW, they're so cute when they're this age!
    09-22-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD