ok so i istalled the 5.0.230 full install and i can not get the mass storage to work. i have it turned on tried having it with prompt and just on but still does not show up on any of my computers!!! anybody else getting this. i searched and all i could find was people not being able to access there device memory, i can't access any of it. it works fine with DM and BBSAK. let me know what ya think!!!
    10-02-09 11:27 PM
    Are your options in memory...
    On
    On
    On
    Yes?
    10-03-09 12:29 AM
    10-03-09 03:37 AM
    This is another way to fix mass storage mode problems

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    10-03-09 03:40 AM

This one is the one that will probably fix the problem. I had the same issue as you and it worked for me.
    10-03-09 09:00 AM
    i'm having the same problem, and none of those fixes will seem to work for me. it connects to dm, but if i plug it in i can't browse to the phone mem or card mem through the computer...only through DM
    10-03-09 11:56 AM
    i'm having the same problem, and none of those fixes will seem to work for me. it connects to dm, but if i plug it in i can't browse to the phone mem or card mem through the computer...only through DM
    You've downloaded and run the BB command line programmer from pinstack to update your phone and it still won't work?
    Do you have mass storage enabled on your phone?

If you answered yes to both, it suggests and issue with a PC and not your phone.
    10-03-09 12:03 PM
    You've downloaded and run the BB command line programmer from pinstack to update your phone and it still won't work?
    Do you have mass storage enabled on your phone?

If you answered yes to both, it suggests and issue with a PC and not your phone.

i tried em both too, still does not work for me, and yes we have it enabled and i can't get it to work with two different computers, one running xp and the other running vista so i doubt it is the computers. its something with the phone. anybody else got any ideas, and yes yes yes we have mass meida enabled.
    10-03-09 02:43 PM
    ^ what he said, and i've never had any problems ever before
    10-04-09 12:31 AM
    Bbsak factory reset. Then wipe device. Its what I do wen the new os won't play nice
    Don't forget to backup ur Info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 01:11 AM
    I got a bug with mass storage too... when i try to transfer a big file ( 300-400 mb video ) to the phone the mass storage "flashes" so the transfert gets cancelled & the phone asks for password as if i just connected it...
    10-04-09 01:50 AM
    had same issue. make sure your phone is unplugged from usb and go to options/memory. then click screen where it says memory card, and hit enable mass media. This worked for me after nothing else would. hope this helps
    10-04-09 02:25 AM

Nice this worked for me! thanks!

I actually ran it twice before it even rebooted properly...oops!
    10-04-09 03:14 AM
    I am going to guess that you guys are have problems with refurbes. I had this same problem with both of the refurbished storms I got. I tried the fix , it didn't work for me. I would reload .148 and take it to the store. I had the manager tell me he fixed it, till I made him show me. I got a new one 20 minutes later. Point is get a new one, not a refurbished one they have that problem sometime. Good luck

10-04-09 05:04 AM
    My storm is new not referb and yes I notice this problem with the 230 os and I running windows 7

10-04-09 06:43 AM

bump for another successful fix for my girl's storm.
    10-27-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD