05-17-09 03:02 AM
33 12
tools
    Radio:

In your Opinion about how far are we away from seeing legit STABLE functionality with our storms without all of the hassles?

Leak or other
    I'm a few builds behind, but honestly, its been like that for a while. To me, .75 was stable. But you asked for my opinion, so thats it
    05-17-09 12:00 AM
    Well, how about a reformulation of the question then?

Is RIM going to fix all the issues on that list?.... because they do exist FOR EVERYONE.
    I avoid this for a reason... Some have been fixed. And thats the only time ill respond to it Sorry.
    05-17-09 12:01 AM
    I avoid this for a reason... Some have been fixed. And thats the only time ill respond to it Sorry.
    Because he don't wanna say they're still there.
    05-17-09 12:03 AM
    uh uh uh, I said "getting" there....
    No no no! You can't contradict yourself. You just said .75 was stable.

It's good that they've gotten rid of some of the issues in Civic's list though. I like progression.

I'm sure it's questionable whether the latest internal builds are stable since we've seen RIM fix several issues but mess up others at the same time. But, I hope that speed has been increased a lot too. I still get the lag going between apps when I have a few open and I'd hate to really have to limit myself to having only two apps open at a time.

The biggest slow downs I get is when I am loading a website in the browser and trying to do anything else at the same time. Hopefully something can be added for it to pause the loading or something while this is happening. I don't know how they will get it to remain steady while websites are loading.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 05-17-09 at 12:20 AM.
    05-17-09 12:16 AM
    5.0 has been confirmed to be in the development phase. It is the OS that everyone will want and everyone will see in the near future. Right now it is still in the development stages, so don't expect it to be leaked anytime soon. Guaranteed that it will be the "Gold Code" that everyone has been waiting for. So until a leak comes, enjoy the 4.7's cause 5.0 is locked down tight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 12:38 AM
    With the advent of 5.0 and the demise of BB Unite - will we be seeing anything like Unite for the BIS crowd when 5.0 is released? It would be great to be able to share calenders, folders and such between just a few folks (family) without the invasion that Unite afforded.
    05-17-09 02:13 AM
    So storm users aren't likely to see a new os between now and the fall?? And they still don't have a stable OS yet??

My optimism for RIM and the storm is quickly fading...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 02:49 AM
    I'm a few builds behind, but honestly, its been like that for a while. To me, .75 was stable. But you asked for my opinion, so thats it
    There's a big difference between "stable" and "functional." If I had been stuck on .75 I'd have replaced the Storm months ago. I just got a replacement because of dust under my screen and using .75 for even a half hour was absolutely horrific.
    05-17-09 03:02 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD