I'm hoping to start this thread to get as much info about 5.0 as possible since not many people are talking about it.

My first question is, why have we not even received even a GLIMPSE of 5.0 on the Storm? While there have been screenshots, videos, and even leaks of the updated OS for the 8900/9000, we have not gotten anything. If it's so similar to it's counterparts, what is there to hide? New features that we shouldn't see?
    05-16-09 07:53 PM
    I'm hoping to start this thread to get as much info about 5.0 as possible since not many people are talking about it.

My first question is, why have we not even received even a GLIMPSE of 5.0 on the Storm? While there have been screenshots, videos, and even leaks of the updated OS for the 8900/9000, we have not gotten anything. If it's so similar to it's counterparts, what is there to hide? New features that we shouldn't see?
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong.... But 5.0 for the storm hasnt been released or even tested by anyone... meaning that it's not possible to have screen shots or direct info about it.... Someone had a blog up on CB with some of the info on the storm 5.0 OS along with the 8900/9000 5.0 OS---that was posted a few weeks ago though. I think it will be a while bc after all the Storm is quite a bit newer than the 8900/9000. But I guess time will only see.
    05-16-09 08:18 PM
    No, 5.0 hasn't been released OFFICIALLY for the Bold or Curve either. It HAS been known to be tested by several insiders. So has the Curve/Bold though.

I saw that blog entry about 5.0 which seemed to just discuss features about the OS in general. It didn't seem to be model specific. I'm just wondering why the Storm's specific 5.0 OS has not been shown at ALL.
    05-16-09 08:22 PM
    we already have one right here started but radio himself
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/un...thread-220499/
    05-16-09 08:24 PM
    No, 5.0 hasn't been released OFFICIALLY for the Bold or Curve either. It HAS been known to be tested by several insiders. So has the Curve/Bold though.

I saw that blog entry about 5.0 which seemed to just discuss features about the OS in general. It didn't seem to be model specific. I'm just wondering why the Storm's specific 5.0 OS has not been shown at ALL.
    Because the people with the Storm 5.0 are too scared to let it out there. Or they give it to someone and put a pass code with it, so you can't get it.
    05-16-09 08:24 PM
    we already have one right here started but radio himself
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/un...thread-220499/
    Yeah, I know. I contributed to that thread for awhile but it seems to be getting off topic and dieing. Just trying to keep it fresh if that's ok with the mods.
    05-16-09 08:26 PM
    Because the people with the Storm 5.0 are too scared to let it out there. Or they give it to someone and put a pass code with it, so you can't get it.
    Well I don't blame them and I don't want anyone to get in trouble. I just don't understand how everyone's not as tight lipped about the Bold/Curve with leaked info coming out for them.
    05-16-09 08:27 PM
    Yeah, I know. I contributed to that thread for awhile but it seems to be getting off topic and dieing. Just trying to keep it fresh if that's ok with the mods.
    I am sure radio wants to repeat all of his answers from that thread if they get asked here...
    05-16-09 08:30 PM
    I am sure radio wants to repeat all of his answers from that thread if they get asked here...
    You're right but how many questions has he answered? I can summarize much of the stuff that has been discussed in Radio's thread. Can we learn anything new though?

WHAT WE DO KNOW ABOUT 5.0

- Verizon has several builds in testing and will be obtaining more soon.
    - Made to offer a uniform core for most of the newer BB models.
    - The UI is mostly unchanged from 4.7
    - Build .126+ seems to run equal to the latest 4.7 build, if not better.
    - Internal builds are up to at least .13x
    - General features are listed here http://crackberry.com/hot-full-os-5-...s-walk-through
    - Looking at an official release in Fall
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 05-16-09 at 08:47 PM.
    05-16-09 08:41 PM
    You're right but how many questions has he answered? I can summarize much of the stuff that has been discussed in Radio's thread. Can we learn anything new though?

WHAT WE DO KNOW ABOUT 5.0

- Verizon has several builds in testing and will be obtaining more soon.
    - Made to offer a uniform core for most of the newer BB models.
    - The UI is mostly unchanged from 4.7
    - Build .126+ seems to run equal to the latest 4.7 build, if not better.
    - Internal builds are up to at least .13x
    - General features are listed here Full OS 5.0 Incremental Features Walk Through | CrackBerry.com
    - Looking at an official release in Fall
    Sure you can. The builds are performing very well, and new features are being discusses as the stability is getting to where it should be.
    05-16-09 08:57 PM
    Really?? Wow. That's news to me. I knew it would happen eventually since it was discussed in the past that the core of the OS should be stabilized before adding features.

I'm just hoping some of those features include flick scrolling. Thanks so much Radio.
    05-16-09 09:00 PM
    New features! Sounds good to me!
    05-16-09 09:00 PM
    Opps. Meant to say discussed. Spelling error.
    05-16-09 09:02 PM
    Opps. Meant to say discussed. Spelling error.
    I assume that .127 in your sig should have a 5.0 in front of it?

EDIT: of course, the question is; on WHICH one of your devices?
    05-16-09 09:29 PM
    I assume that .127 in your sig should have a 5.0 in front of it?

EDIT: of course, the question is; on WHICH one of your devices?
    He's talking about the Storm. He's not the only one who has talked about having it either. It went from .125 to .126 to .127. Apparantly they're at least at .13x now.
    05-16-09 09:31 PM
    For those keeping score this is the third thread on this. It will probably get moved like the last two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 09:33 PM
    I already hit my goal of getting some kind of new info and succeeded. Didn't know they were currently discussing new features to add since the stability is there now.

If the mods want to move/close this thread then they'll do so. No biggy.
    05-16-09 09:36 PM
    I don't think I've gotten my answer yet.... in any 5.0 thread. I guess I'll ask again.

Have they fixed the bugs in my sticky thread in the 5.0 you're currently holding? If you can't answer that, state that you can't answer that and I'll take it that "they haven't fixed them yet".
    05-16-09 09:40 PM
    I don't think I've gotten my answer yet.... in any 5.0 thread. I guess I'll ask again.

Have they fixed the bugs in my sticky thread in the 5.0 you're currently holding? If you can't answer that, state that you can't answer that and I'll take it that "they haven't fixed them yet".
    Yeah. As much as I appreciate their info, I hate that they just ignore the question rather than saying they can't answer it.
    05-16-09 09:42 PM
    Keep it on topic and we won't be forced to move or close it.
    05-16-09 09:48 PM
    Radio:

In your Opinion about how far are we away from seeing legit STABLE functionality with our storms without all of the hassles?

Leak or other
    05-16-09 09:50 PM
    Keep it on topic and we won't be forced to move or close it.
    Thanks PK. Totally fair!
    05-16-09 09:50 PM
    Civic I doubt you'll get your answer plus you won't probably know till its loaded on your storm. Radio is not real keen at answering those.

05-16-09 10:10 PM
    Civic I doubt you'll get your answer plus you won't probably know till its loaded on your storm. Radio is not real keen at answering those.

Well, how about a reformulation of the question then?

Is RIM going to fix all the issues on that list?.... because they do exist FOR EVERYONE.
    05-16-09 10:15 PM
    I already hit my goal of getting some kind of new info and succeeded. Didn't know they were currently discussing new features to add since the stability is there now.

If the mods want to move/close this thread then they'll do so. No biggy.
    uh uh uh, I said "getting" there....
    05-16-09 11:59 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD