I downloaded 5.0, and stated to have trouble charging. I would sometimes get usb error. I downgraded to 4.7, then back to 5.0 and still have this problem. Did anyone find a fix for this problem, THANKS
    11-05-09 11:41 PM
    Bump. Anyone else phone not charge from time to time. Help
    I downloaded 5.0, and stated to have trouble charging. I would sometimes get usb error. I downgraded to 4.7, then back to 5.0 and still have this problem. Did anyone find a fix for this problem, THANKS
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 05:58 AM
    11-06-09 05:59 AM
    triton did this work for you also? thanks you very much!
    11-06-09 06:26 AM
    did anyone else do this? all i did was download and plugged in phone then my phone restarted. Will this charge everytime now
    11-06-09 06:29 AM
    Can anyone verify this fix

Last edited by tbdbuckeyeitl; 11-06-09 at 06:39 AM.
    11-06-09 06:37 AM
    Am I the only one with this 5.0 charging usb problem ? Please help.

11-06-09 08:19 AM
    I would wager this is more what you are looking for than the other thing..

(I have to get to 10 posts, hang tight)
    11-06-09 09:46 AM
    I would wager this is more what you are looking for than the other thing..

(I have to get to 10 posts, hang tight)
    Hey one more to go!
    11-06-09 09:47 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/wind...dinian-195757/

I would bet it is the usb power settings.

(I had to get to ten posts to post the link)
    Last edited by waker; 11-06-09 at 09:48 AM. Reason: to clarify why I had to post 3 times.
    11-06-09 09:48 AM
    No, yesterday I started having charging issues too, both with my plugin wall charger and my computer.

I also did the usb mass storage fix, a week ago, doesn't seem to do anything my new charging issue...

I'm thinking at this point, that there might be defective hardware, in which case Im gonna call verizon and demand a replacement.
    11-06-09 09:58 AM
    So is there my fixes or is it best t dl 4.7.

11-06-09 11:17 AM
    i recall seeing this problem on this forum. You are not the only one facing this problem. Either try using different chargers or different computers. If not your phone can not use 5.0 without having problems best bet back down to 4.7.
    11-06-09 11:25 AM
    No, yesterday I started having charging issues too, both with my plugin wall charger and my computer.

I also did the usb mass storage fix, a week ago, doesn't seem to do anything my new charging issue...

I'm thinking at this point, that there might be defective hardware, in which case Im gonna call verizon and demand a replacement.
    Good luck on that replacement. I hear verizon are preloading storms with 5.0 now.
    11-06-09 11:27 AM
    I just started having the same problem. When I first loaded 5.0 on my Storm I had excellent battery life. As of yesterday, it is barely even taking a charge with the phone shut off!!! When I charge my Storm with it powered up, I get an intermittent charge. If I wiggle the mini usb plug it intermittently starts charging so it looks like a loose connection. Brought it to the Verizon store and they said the same thing. However, with the phone shut off, the service light shows that it is consistently charging with no intermittent charge or disruption. It's easy for someone to say that it is a loose connection in the usb, HOWEVER a brand new Strom 2 was doing the exact same thing in the store, so I am not so sure at this time that this is a hardware problem. I am beginning to think that this is related to 5.0 in some way. Anyone else have any info or experience??? I am going to try a new battery to see what happens, but this is acting very suspicious. I can't even charge my Storm at this point.
    11-06-09 11:51 AM
    Does it charge if you plug it into the wall?
    11-06-09 12:17 PM
    I have the issue when I put it in the cradle at night there's no charging bolt then a few min later I get the usb error if I do a batt pull it works fine until later again. I also had this issue with the cig light charger in the car..
    11-06-09 01:55 PM
    I had the same problem. Brought it back to Verizon and replaced it for a new one since it was within 30 days. This is my 1st blackberry and already had to replace the storm once! Hope this is not a bad sign!
    11-06-09 01:58 PM
    I started getting this problem with my car charger. I don't put my phone on the wall charger as I have a batter charger on it and just rotate my batteries in and out of it. Off to read the fixes and see if it helps me out. I'll let you know!
    11-06-09 06:09 PM
    Well, unfortunately no such luck....still won't charge. And I tried it on my wall charger and it won't charge either. Luckily I have the battery charger and two batteries!!! I'm considering downgrading...too many issues with this new upgrade!
    11-06-09 07:18 PM
    This usb issue started with the first leak of 5.0 for Storm1. It is not on 4.7. My Storm 2 with 5.0.0.320 had the same issue until I installed the calfix.exe link in this thread. When first installed and after the automatic reboot it did not fix it; but after the next battery pull I have not had the problem since then and my connection and the phone being recognized under my computer is instant, where there use to be a 15-20 second delay. So it did fix the usb issue for me on my Storm2.
    11-06-09 10:38 PM
    By the way; triton54, thank you for the link/fix!
    11-06-09 10:45 PM
    I'm having issues charging also. Twice in the past couple weeks this has happened to me while using the wall charger. The last time I didn't notice and awoke to find out it hadn't charged. I plugged it in with a USB cable at work at it charged fine. Tonight I plugged it in with a wall charger and was getting the error. I unplugged and plugged in a few times and it finally started taking a charge.
    11-06-09 11:56 PM
    How do you run the download? Do you plug in phone to desktop manager then run program?
    I'm having issues charging also. Twice in the past couple weeks this has happened to me while using the wall charger. The last time I didn't notice and awoke to find out it hadn't charged. I plugged it in with a USB cable at work at it charged fine. Tonight I plugged it in with a wall charger and was getting the error. I unplugged and plugged in a few times and it finally started taking a charge.
    11-07-09 06:20 AM
    Same problem with mine. The same day I upgraded to 5 it started telling me about insuffecient voltage on the car charger, or no bolt/charge at all.
    If I pull batt it works that one time, but not the next day.
    On the upside, my battery life is MUCH better now.
    11-07-09 03:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD