I bet even if somebody where to guess the version number right he would say its not it. At least thats what I would do in that situation.
    10-18-09 12:16 PM
    I bet even if somebody where to guess the version number right he would say its not it. At least thats what I would do in that situation.
    so why does everyone keep askin?
    10-18-09 12:25 PM
    i award you 3 sherlock points. EG18 has an common sense!
    10-18-09 12:31 PM
    so why does everyone keep askin?
    thats like asking why do people not use the search function or why do people who hate the storm come post on here
    10-18-09 12:31 PM
    why do you even care? i mean its "a build" rim can produce 10 a day sometimes probably. the number does matter.

Thanks patches for the info and will stay turned for the findings.
    10-18-09 12:36 PM
    hey patches, does the issue with locking in portrait but unlocking in landscape (or vice versa) still show up? where the screen/icon layout thinks it's still in whichever one was active when it was locked? (this might be due to the hybrid i'm using now, but still will be good to know)
    10-18-09 12:37 PM
    why do you even care? i mean its "a build" rim can produce 10 a day sometimes probably. the number does matter.

Thanks patches for the info and will stay turned for the findings.
    exactly. it's good, it'll prolly get released...unless it has a 7 day "full meltdown" feature built into it...lol
    10-18-09 12:50 PM
    really? You think hes gonna fall for your reverse psychology crap? Why even make this statement or did you even bother reading the part in RED, I got you though. Here it is again just for you

****I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT OS VERSION, SO DON'T ASK WHAT THE LAST 3 NUMBERS ARE, OR RELEASE NUMBER, ANYTHING****

***I CAN'T SHARE SO DON'T ASK***
    10-18-09 12:50 PM
    hey patches, does the issue with locking in portrait but unlocking in landscape (or vice versa) still show up? where the screen/icon layout thinks it's still in whichever one was active when it was locked? (this might be due to the hybrid i'm using now, but still will be good to know)
    the screen display glitching in general has been fixed...i haven't experienced that one specifically...the only one i've seen still there so far is that if the phone goes dormant, the screen stays black for a second after you wake it up
    10-18-09 12:51 PM
    i like .230 a lot, so anything better im excited for. Thanks for the updates
    10-18-09 12:52 PM
    the screen display glitching in general has been fixed...i haven't experienced that one specifically...the only one i've seen still there so far is that if the phone goes dormant, the screen stays black for a second after you wake it up
    sweet good to know! thanks!
    10-18-09 12:55 PM
    i'm not sure what you're asking...

the build i have loaded is from VZW testing...there's three stages of testing...each build is put through each stage, one at a time...think of it like a VZW test gauntlet...you have to pass one phase to get to the next...if it passes all phases, then it's given the gold sticker and released....

if it fails, they move onto the next build...there is no "final build"...they just go down the list to whatevers waiting behind it...
    Do you know which stage it is at with VZW right now? If they are trying to roll it out with Odin's release... that could mean as early as 10/21 or soon after... does that sound reasonable to you?

BES users have had issues on all 5.0 builds rebooting every few minutes due to encryption settings. Can you turn on encryption/content protection and see if your phone works fine?

Much thanks.
    10-18-09 01:00 PM
    really? You think hes gonna fall for your reverse psychology crap? Why even make this statement or did you even bother reading the part in RED, I got you though. Here it is again just for you
    Exactly what I was trying to say. If in the disclaimer when the thread was created it states don't ask why does everyone seem **** bent on figuring it out. Not that I don't care which it is, but I'm content knowing all of the info that patches is giving out regarding the OS. He could have just kept it all to himself or not answered questions about what we can look forward to.
    10-18-09 01:02 PM
    sounds to me like its a final stage if it's a candidate for release
    10-18-09 01:07 PM
    Pandora is supposed to release an update this month to fix the song pause at 20-30 sec left. I would be surprised if it worked properly for you now, but if so great! Let us know. Thanks
    10-18-09 01:12 PM
    hi.
    i'm bored.
    bye.

cant wait for an official to roll out.
    10-18-09 01:23 PM
    Right now I'm just happy knowing we are going to have a fully functional phone. Might be enough to make me hold out until my 2 years are up...
    10-18-09 01:25 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/on...issues-324915/

patches i saw you asked about this dont know if you got the link
    10-18-09 01:30 PM

um, i would like to point out i was only saying that because people kept trying to guess what it was, no need to rudely rub something i already knew into my face.
    10-18-09 01:38 PM
    Do you know which stage it is at with VZW right now? If they are trying to roll it out with Odin's release... that could mean as early as 10/21 or soon after... does that sound reasonable to you?

BES users have had issues on all 5.0 builds rebooting every few minutes due to encryption settings. Can you turn on encryption/content protection and see if your phone works fine?

Much thanks.
    I doubt he has acess to BES and i assume it works fine on BES otherwise it would be an easy fail already.

He also already stated its in the last stage of testing already.

S2 isnt going to launch on the 21st so no OS 5 for storm 1 either
    10-18-09 01:46 PM
    Your giving the guy way too much credit for being smart. Hes not. lol. Its not reverse psych, its stupidity.
    10-18-09 02:18 PM
    ive never run into the screen dormancy issue...special case for me? even tried when its locked and just when its sitting here next to me but the screen is always instant to come back on - running .238 hybrid
    10-18-09 02:19 PM
    Your giving the guy way too much credit for being smart. Hes not. lol. Its not reverse psych, its stupidity.
    wtf you too? did you not read my last post
    10-18-09 02:22 PM
    raluaces, just ignore it.
    10-18-09 02:27 PM
    i didn't load it before i updated...so idk how it worked before. so far seems to be fine...

as far as 3G thing, idk when the new initiative goes into place...i believe they're doing it on "new" devices...i know it's on the odin, didn't see it on the HTC android that i played with tonight, i don't think it's on the sholes either...but i think with .230 it's just a "glitch" aka "unanticipated feature"
    If the 3G icon in .230 is a "glitch", it's a "glitch" I wish they'd keep. Their 1XEV indicator looks like @$$ (read DATED) compared to the sleek 3G/Blackberry Icon.
    10-18-09 02:48 PM
268 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD