Anyone else agree with me? Am I just being hyperbolic because .607 was such a failure? Not sure, but .713 is a delight. My Storm is smoother than butter on a bald monkey!

Battery is solid, radio is clear, it's crisp, doesn't lag, memory stays put. Too bad Verizon didn't release this one.
    06-17-10 09:24 AM
    Anyone else agree with me? Am I just being hyperbolic because .607 was such a failure? Not sure, but .713 is a delight. My Storm is smoother than butter on a bald monkey!

Battery is solid, radio is clear, it's crisp, doesn't lag, memory stays put. Too bad Verizon didn't release this one.
    Give it some time, this OS has a mind of it's own. It will start doing some really strange stuff every time you reboot.
    06-17-10 09:27 AM
    Give it some time, this OS has a mind of it's own. It will start doing some really strange stuff every time you reboot.
    Agree. Did a reboot last night, today went to send a text, the keyboard was not right. I usualy use the suretype, the one with 2 letters per key, today it was showing one letter per key and a couple of rows were cut off on the right side. Then it started to work just now.

I think I am going back to 517, at least that one works, I do not have time to reboot or reload OS's all the time. 713 otherwise worked pretty good.

Oh, thought I would also point out when you open pictures in media, takes forever for them to start showing, in 517, almost right away the pictures are there.

Here is a picture...
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 06-17-10 at 09:49 AM.
    06-17-10 09:35 AM

Please explain why you feel 607 is "such a failure".
    06-17-10 09:49 AM
    713 isn't any better than 607. I still have keyboard problems that I had in 607, and haven't found anything that's improved.

If I open a BBM chat from within the main message folder the keyboard will never come up. In 607 it would come up about half the time. If I open the chat from within BBM it seems to always work though.

A new problem that I have which wasn't in 607 is that sometimes when I want to use the keyboard in landscape the portrait keyboard will open. It has a big gap on the side and is completely unusable, I need to back out of whatever I'm doing and go back.

607 and 713 are two of the worst OS' I've used on the Storm 2. So much so that I've actually downgraded both of them back to 517. 607 lasted about 5 days and I'm looking for a 517 hybrid to replace 713 now.

I'm glad it's working out for you though.
    06-17-10 09:50 AM

I'm glad it's working out for you though.

Are you also glad that 607 works fine for me or the majority of Verizon Storm users?
    06-17-10 09:55 AM
    I had a few of the issues reported here on the the Storm2 OS. Verizon pushed .607 to me and after "upgrading", I found the phone keyboard perfect (the bottom keys would not work if unit was sitting on the table, but fine in hand), now all is great!

I did have to kind of "ram" the upgrade through with DM, a couple of times and then it said all was good.

My battery usage hovers arouns .9 to 1.2 percent an hour (Per Meterberry), and after 2 days moderate use, a few phone calls and I'm just below 48 percent of battery!

This was about 2 months ago. The ONLy issue I have is my E-mail Icon greyed out about two weeks ago and trying to figure out what caused this.

Otherwise, I love this phone, rarely out of arms reach!!!!!!!
    06-17-10 10:19 AM
    For me, reboots seemed to fix something everytime. A Quick/Batt pull would seem to make 713 better each time. I can't honestly say much about battery life as I have 2 wall chargers at home, car charger, desktop charger with extra battery bay at work and my usb cord to charge off my laptop. My phone is rarely off a charger except when I'm walking around or out to lunch.

I refused to use 607 (POS for me anyway) and had stayed on OOAK's 517/604 hybrid, which was terrific. I swore I'd not use another leak, official or hybrid until OS6 came out, but this upgrade was well worth it. Perfect? Nope, they never are. But I either have few of the issues identified in all the threads, or if I do I don't know about it because I never use the feature.

I will say that there are problems I encounter on one theme that I don't on another and on the Precision Zen, zero issues. Makes me think that many of these issues may be theme related.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-17-10 at 10:26 AM.
    06-17-10 10:21 AM
    The only reason I'm sticking with 713 is because my bluetooth headset doesn't malfunction (yet). With 607, the audio "skipped".
    06-17-10 10:44 AM
    Are you also glad that 607 works fine for me or the majority of Verizon Storm users?
    Dave, I remember you posting about problems you were having and you told us that people who just post that their Storm is working great or they have no problems **** you off and contribute nothing. Why is it that you now do the same thing? Everytime someone bad mouths your precious .607 you always respond that its working great for you. That's great, but many of us had big problems with it and just saying yours is perfect die absolutely nothing to help us. Try waiting till you have something to contribute before you put your fingers on your keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 10:53 AM
    Internet loads slower but all else seems solid.

06-17-10 10:54 AM
    I'm having problems with the bottom 4 keys registering double and triple presses since installing .713.
    06-17-10 11:02 AM
    Dave: I need to take you to task on t his one. How do you KNOW that .607 is "working fine for the majority of Storm users?" Simply based on the number of complaints I've read about the OS, I'd have to say that your statement is too grandiose and not based on fact.

As you know, I myself have a serious problem with my BT headset volume. I know you claim yours works fine (and that of your wife) and that everything else works fine and your battery life is great and that the world is bright, sunny and cheerful with your phone, but I'm beginning to find that difficult to believe and seriously, don't think you should interject your own experiences as being "typical."

My own battery life was slightly degraded (not as bad as some have reported, but there was a small perentage) and my BT is pretty much unusable in my car where there's background noise. That is my most serious complaint and while I'm not having all the problems that some others report, I'd never, ever say that .607 is "fine for the majority of users."

06-17-10 11:22 AM
    Since my .607 has always been stable without problems [knock on wood], I'll just keep a watchful eye on .713 for now.
    06-17-10 11:44 AM
    I'm happy for ALL Verizon Storm users, but I'm especially happy for you, Dave.
    06-17-10 11:52 AM
    Dave, I remember you posting about problems you were having and you told us that people who just post that their Storm is working great or they have no problems **** you off and contribute nothing. Why is it that you now do the same thing? Everytime someone bad mouths your precious .607 you always respond that its working great for you. That's great, but many of us had big problems with it and just saying yours is perfect die absolutely nothing to help us. Try waiting till you have something to contribute before you put your fingers on your keyboard.

I'm trying to put into the perspective, the complaints lodged here about a FEW issues with 607, that hasn't seemed to generate much complaint ANYWHERE ELSE, but at this site. Do you see the Verizon site inundated with complaints about 607? ANSWER: Nope. thought so...

The complaints about 607 are minor nits and MUCH of the complaints about battery life are bogus. You can't convince me by any anecdotal "evidence" that you and a few others whine about, that the OS is the CAUSE of poor battery life; IT'S THE APPS.
    06-17-10 12:05 PM
    You can't convince me by any anecdotal "evidence" that you and a few others whine about, that the OS is the CAUSE of poor battery life; IT'S THE APPS.
    I agree that that is true ~99% of the time...but from my experience some OSes handle my "package of apps" better than others have, in regards to battery life.

In other words, same config, same apps running, different battery performance across OS versions.
    06-17-10 12:49 PM
    I have to agree. Though the battery life on .713 is the best I have seen yet I must also admit that it was much better on.669 after I dumped most of my apps. And I don't even miss them. Now I just miss a multi language.....

06-17-10 12:53 PM
    Please explain why you feel 607 is "such a failure".
    Because it was! God damn! You should know this by now...
    06-17-10 01:00 PM
    There has to be a reason why it was a failure. I didn't think it was a failure but then again I'm not using it. I liked it except the keyboard function.
    That is not RIMS part, Opera needs to update the OM5 to accept the new keyboard. Ever think of it like that? Maybe thats why keyboard lag has been reduced, new keyboard coding?
    BBM groups does not work either but the few that are on the beta BBM do not have that issue. So BBM needs to be updated.
    It is RIMS fault for not updating BBM with the release of .607 but things like that got overlooked.
    06-17-10 01:06 PM
    The only reason I'm sticking with 713 is because my bluetooth headset doesn't malfunction (yet). With 607, the audio "skipped".
    I just came from the gym and the bluetooth started "skipping" again.

On top of it, it seems like the music speeds up and slows down; very easily noticed when working out to AC/DC.

I'm going to look into why I ever switched out of 320.
    06-17-10 01:56 PM
    .607 was the most worthless piece of trash to ever be released for the S2. Battery drain for me was terrible, memory leaked like a b!tch, 2 new dead spots popped up on my drive to work (I live in the sticks and drive an hour to work), and I had issues with my Bluetooth on .607. That's just a few reasons, for me anyways. The only thing about .713 that I don't like is bbm group chat keyboard, but I got bbm beta 5.0.1.17 so that problem is gone. In MY opinion, .713 is the best OS I've used since getting my S2 back in November.

Just because people don't agree with you on an OPINION doesn't mean they're wrong. put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited by HollowPoint.357; 06-17-10 at 04:05 PM.
    06-17-10 02:11 PM
    Saw this repeatedly with S1. Lots of different hardware out there for the S2. Lots of vaious parts manufacturers. These are not I-phones, people. There are more than a half dozen suppliers for various parts of this phone and several manufacturer's. I'm quite sure that the parts are generally within spec, and that the final products perform within spec, but it still leaves a huge amount of variation per device. Thatis why findings and fixes threads are so helpful. I had some signal issues on .607 that were not acceptable, and my office mate had no such problems. We updated same day and *228 at nearly the same time (he beat me by a few moments). And yet, with no apps restored, and BES not yet activated, his signal was rock solid and my signal was bouncing up and down like rush limburger at clan rally. 713 is a solid build for me. Very snappy overall and a few more megs of app memory. But I have had two random reboots in the last 3 days (using MLB app I think), so we'll see how it goes. But certainly seems to me that this is about the apex of what we will see on the S2.
    Last edited by 1magine; 06-17-10 at 02:42 PM.
    06-17-10 02:39 PM
    Does anyone here know what cods I have to BBSAK in to get BT volume up to highest possible?
    I like 428 and have tried to do just the BT cod but that alone does not do it.
    TIA
    06-17-10 03:15 PM
    It seems like im not experiencing any of the problems that you guys are having..everything is working very smooth on my 9550 wit .713
    06-17-10 03:54 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD