07-12-10 02:04 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
tools
    The Tour is in a similiar situation that the storm was in when the Storm 2 released. Storm 1 got an OS update around the time, it's successor, the storm 2 was released... now the Tour is getting an OS update around the time the Bold 9650 is released. It's highly doubtful the storm 1 will be seeing any more updates from big red.
    06-15-10 08:00 AM
    Not exactly. The Tour got an update before the Bold dropped and now is seeing a second one after the Bold released. But VZW also just released and OS for the storm 2 and now a second. There must be something in the .7XX builds that they wanted. Usually it is 6 months between updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 08:06 AM
    I had never seen the Tbaytel download page before that just dropped the storm2 OS. They also have the 9530 and I got 4.7.0.181 from there which I had never before seen for the 9530.

Any chance this China Telelcom download site is hidden away somewhere like the TbayTel one? ( by the way .181 seems to be awesome at .memory management....better than any 5.0. I haven't dropped below 32 MB with all my apes downloaded)

06-15-10 10:05 AM
    Or what are the chances that somebody from China with one of these phones stumbles upon this site? Seems like it should happen eventually.

Or is there a similar user forum in China?
    06-15-10 10:46 AM
    Or what are the chances that somebody from China with one of these phones stumbles upon this site? Seems like it should happen eventually.

Or is there a similar user forum in China?
    There actually are some similar boards in China. Or at least in Chinese. Just google 5.0.0.672. Then translate some of the pages and read through. The translation isn't 100% because some of it makes no sense but clearly people are discussing the storm and the OS level. We might due better trying to figure out the URL....

06-15-10 04:03 PM
    Ill look through the Chinese pages tonight and see if I can't find a URL. Got nothing better to do

06-15-10 05:19 PM
    If you find one, please have the following translated and posted on their board:

"Please rip 672 OS and send to United States. Thank you."
    06-15-10 07:10 PM
    or even better have it sent directly to crackberry
    Posted from my CrackBerry at waistcoated

06-15-10 07:23 PM
    better effort might be to try an figure out the url on rIM's site. As a previous poster mentioned another carrier had a hidden link. Take that link and try an change the url with something that might be for china telecom...

Ahhhhh...it's a pipe dream.

06-15-10 08:05 PM
    hey guys i manged to find a China blackberry form site. register and post a message asking where i could download the 5.0.0.672 rom from. so hopefully we will get a response with a link. ill keep u guys updated if i get a response from someone.
    06-18-10 06:01 PM
    hey guys i manged to find a China blackberry form site. register and post a message asking where i could download the 5.0.0.672 rom from. so hopefully we will get a response with a link. ill keep u guys updated if i get a response from someone.
    U Da Man! Hope you get something.

06-18-10 06:12 PM
    I'm crossing my fingers....
    06-18-10 06:51 PM
    Cool, do you have the link to the site? Is it in English? thanks.
    06-19-10 11:17 AM
    I tried searching for a few days too. Even went to china telecoms site and found their mobile page. Google translate wouldn't translate all the links and I did not find a download section. I did come to the conclusion that Chinese advertising is really horrible. It is like they are marketing all their stuff to 5yr olds and all their ads have bright colors in the background, animals and I think they were marketing that pockey candy with a cell phone too......

Also some of the ads featuring the relase of the 9530 for China Telecom show a different home screen. A few pictures I saw were showing 1XEV and 3G at the same time one on top of the other. It had two signal strength icons too. I'll see if I can find the image and throw it up.

I am not sure if this site has it, but there is a download and talk of the rom in question. I can't register though to view the download.

֪9530rom汾Ϊ5.0.0.672,˸㵽汾rom ͼΪ֤ - Black Berry9530 - DIYPDA XT800̳,6975̳,6875̳,6950̳,6850̳,Hero 200̳,6800̳,6900̳,6700̳,ֻ̳, ݮ̳,CDMA,ˢ,ά,EVDO, - Powered by Discuz!

Here is the page just translate in google translate or something from Chinese to English
    йݮ-йݮ¼ 1.ǰƪ_µ
    Last edited by Thanontos; 06-19-10 at 12:37 PM.
    06-19-10 11:35 AM
    the download link is just for a pic. that was the site i had register for. still nothing on the chinese post hopefully something soon. will keep u updated
    06-20-10 08:09 AM
    Hopefully some good news comes out of this!
    06-21-10 01:08 AM
    I really do not understand what you're talking, you feel like a first hit and then a bunch of English into Chinese Kingsoft.
    This could be difficult.
    06-21-10 02:12 PM
    hey guys in all of the china forms they keep talking about how the answer is upstairs. does anyone know what that could mean. i would beat that is related to are os that we are hunting for.
    06-21-10 03:52 PM
    One minute...

[The_Engine walks upstairs. Sounds of several doors opening accompanied by a dog barking, native american chanting, krayt dragon call, and finally a burst of yelling in Portuguese. Sound of a final door closing. The_Engine walks back down stairs]

Nope. Let the chinese know that the answer is definitely NOT upstairs.

06-21-10 04:03 PM
    Hehe maybe get some Mongolians up those great stairs of china to take what they want and plunder that Os right out of the device!

...surely it means support, top of page, of still to come
    (but I'm guessing)

06-21-10 04:09 PM
    u know we may have better luck trying to get Kevin and Adam to buy a blackberry storm from china and do the os ripping are selves
    06-21-10 04:15 PM

I don't know that they understand anything we are saying. Just make up incoherent sentences with random words like they do and then we might be able to communicate better.
    06-21-10 05:59 PM
    The ripping of the blacberry strictly allowed!

06-21-10 10:50 PM
    We need someone to go there and buy one. OS tourism instead of sex tourism. It'll be the new rage.

06-22-10 06:43 AM
    Maybe this has changed, but I recall reading that China Telecom was only marketing to Companies and not to individuals. That may also explain the "upstairs" comment on the Chineese blogs.
    06-22-10 01:15 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD