04-21-10 12:36 AM
38 12
tools
    Hey now...this post was actually meant for someone who asked it on previous page
    i was just joking...get your granny panties out of a bunch!

FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO WANT TO ACCESS YOUR EVENT LOG ON THIS BUILD:

Assign one of your convenience keys to virtual keyboard. Make sure your Portrait View keyboard is set to Full Keyboard (not SureType or Multi Tap or it will not work)

From Home Screen:
    Hit Assigned Convenience Key
    Hold !?123 (this will LOCK it)
    " / " /

There is your event log

dope. i tried this earlier and it wouldn't work because i was on suretype, and changed to landscape to get full keyboard...
    10-22-09 01:42 PM
    FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO WANT TO ACCESS YOUR EVENT LOG ON THIS BUILD:

Assign one of your convenience keys to virtual keyboard. Make sure your Portrait View keyboard is set to Full Keyboard (not SureType or Multi Tap or it will not work)

From Home Screen:
    Hit Assigned Convenience Key
    Hold !?123 (this will LOCK it)
    " / " /

There is your event log
    Damn, this was the first thing I thought of when I opened this thread, and you beat me to it. Congratulations haha
    10-22-09 02:00 PM
    And now for the $64,000 question.... Why is it possible now to bring up the keyboard from the home screen and not the applications screen? On previous builds it was the other way around. Now, in portrait mode, if I'm in the apps screen the convenience key won't bring up the keyboard, but by minimizing to the homescreen it will. Any ideas? I also can't bring the keyboard in landscape anymore, even with the convenience key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by wayfr; 10-22-09 at 02:47 PM.
    10-22-09 02:36 PM
    And now for the $64,000 question.... Why is it possible now to bring up the keyboard from the home screen and not the applications screen? On previous builds it was the other way around. Now, in portrait mode, if I'm in the apps screen the convenience key won't bring up the keyboard, but by minimizing to the homescreen it will. Any ideas?

Simple, because RIM has to keep worming around it sh1t that's not broken to waste time instead of doing a major overhaul of the OS from the ground up without java.

10-22-09 02:45 PM
    lol chuck! i think this is the in between for the old way and "the new way"....i'm not entirely certain what the "new way" is...but when you see stuff moved or changed like that, and it doesn't work, generally signals that they're in the process of changing something, and we only got a glimpse of it in the middle, without seeing the anticipated end product.
    10-22-09 03:00 PM
    lol chuck! i think this is the in between for the old way and "the new way"....i'm not entirely certain what the "new way" is...but when you see stuff moved or changed like that, and it doesn't work, generally signals that they're in the process of changing something, and we only got a glimpse of it in the middle, without seeing the anticipated end product.
    Yeah actually both of those make perfect sense. That's why these are betas and not official releases. Basically they're not ready for human consumption, but here we are consuming them anyway. Oh well, as long as its stable and everything else still works.....

10-22-09 03:37 PM
    If you unlock your engineering screen you can access and clear your event log, grasshopper
    Yeah they hid it from us pretty good, but not quite good enough.

so how do you do that? in lamens terms
    12-01-09 08:16 PM
    still cannot bring up keyboard in landscape mode. Whether assigned to conv. key or not, just wont come up. Anybody?
    12-08-09 10:47 AM
    I couldn't either, but I did use the convenience key in portrait mode to enter "/"/ which pulled up the event log... so, I didn't get into the menu the way I expected to but I did get in
    12-09-09 09:32 PM
    i tried using a convenience key and it didn't work it pulls up the keyboard but when i try to lock the symbols it doesn't and if i press the quotations key it pulls up the phone...help please, how do i clear my event log? i have to do a hard reset every other day
    12-17-09 02:02 PM
    I went in to the options menu, from there the berry button had "show keyboard" in the list.
    01-02-10 03:44 PM
    For those of you who the convenience key will not bring up a landscape (full) keyboard, you can use the portrait (suretype) keyboard by holding down "123" to lock alt, then pressing ,5,5 - this worked for me.
    04-19-10 03:33 PM
    For those of you who the convenience key will not bring up a landscape (full) keyboard, you can use the portrait (suretype) keyboard by holding down "123" to lock alt, then pressing ,5,5 - this worked for me.
    Couldnt do it the other way..
    This worked 4 me..
    Thanks!
    04-21-10 12:36 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD