04-21-10 12:36 AM
38 12
tools
    so idk if everyone's noticed, but from the app screen if you hit the bb button, there is no longer an option to "show keyboard"....so how does RIM access the event log?

DM?

moved shortcode access to a different location in the OS?

some other internal software not readily available to us schlubs?

i've searched RIM's KB, and no documentation can be found there or with VZW testing...

if you have the "show keyboard" option, or know where to access the event log (besides QL or some other 3rd party app) then by all means let us know.

i don't care if bbsak or cmdr or some other 3rd party app that we have can access it, i want to know how tech support is supposed to access it. what is the "official" process to access the event log now?
    10-21-09 09:01 PM
    Yeah i saw that the keyboard was gone, WTF is RIM doing
    10-21-09 09:09 PM
    RIM is doing worse and worse with their leaks, at first I thought .323 was sweet but not I might go back to .167.

I'm losing faith in RIM.
    10-21-09 09:11 PM
    I think they access what they need thru Quincy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:13 PM
    well VZW uses event log sometimes too...

but i will say, this build has DRASTICALLY IMPROVED my faith in RIM....if you're not happy with the progress made from .230>.323 then i think it's honestly time for you to bail...or find a bucket to prepare to start bailing, soon...

i know the event log is there, i can view it from QL, but i want to know:

if this build was official (which it won't be btw, they're supposed to be getting ANOTHER new build again...which i'm surprised that RIM got that many test worthy compiles that close together) how would they get access to changes?

olta,

only testers use Quincy...the regular end users don't use it...so that's not an option.
    10-21-09 09:17 PM
    First they take away the swipe up keyboard, then themes don't work then not no keyboard in home screen, whats next? no browser.

I understand they are trying to improve things but they take away useful things.
    10-21-09 09:20 PM
    First they take away the swipe up keyboard, then themes don't work then not no keyboard in home screen, whats next? no browser.

I understand they are trying to improve things but they take away useful things.
    themes don't work because plazmic isn't updated for the newer OS developments...it's not an OS issue, it's a theme issue...

they don't make the OS compatible with themes, it's the other way around...priorities my friend

and honestly, i'm not sure that the swipe up keyboard and the app screen keyboard are "gone for good"

what if it's a bug and not a new change?
    10-21-09 09:23 PM
    May be it's a bug and that's why they are sending newer build?

well VZW uses event log sometimes too...

but i will say, this build has DRASTICALLY IMPROVED my faith in RIM....if you're not happy with the progress made from .230>.323 then i think it's honestly time for you to bail...or find a bucket to prepare to start bailing, soon...

i know the event log is there, i can view it from QL, but i want to know:

if this build was official (which it won't be btw, they're supposed to be getting ANOTHER new build again...which i'm surprised that RIM got that many test worthy compiles that close together) how would they get access to changes?

olta,

only testers use Quincy...the regular end users don't use it...so that's not an option.
    10-21-09 09:24 PM
    lol olta, great minds think alike
    10-21-09 09:25 PM
    If you unlock your engineering screen you can access and clear your event log, grasshopper
    Yeah they hid it from us pretty good, but not quite good enough.

10-21-09 09:37 PM
    If you unlock your engineering screen you can access and clear your event log, grasshopper

figured it would be there...

also, how about changing the signal strength "bars" to -db? i love that
    10-21-09 09:52 PM
    figured it would be there...

also, how about changing the signal strength "bars" to -db? i love that
    Nope mine still has bars.

10-21-09 09:55 PM
    there was a keyboard setting from the app screen to change it...one more thing stripped from us ((
    10-21-09 09:56 PM
    eh, for now if I need to clear it I suppose I can do it through BBSAK, but that requires booting into windows and ugh @ that.

Here's hoping for a quick fix!
    10-21-09 09:56 PM
    Yeah i agree with patches, At first you may not fully realize the improvement from .230 to .323. But after a span of 10 hours you realize that this OS is a dam good start and its not even the official OS yet.
    10-21-09 09:58 PM
    It can be accessed thru meterberry and Quicklaunch.

10-21-09 09:59 PM
    if you have the "show keyboard" option, or know where to access the event log (besides QL or some other 3rd party app) then by all means let us know.

i don't care if bbsak or cmdr or some other 3rd party app that we have can access it, i want to know how tech support is supposed to access it. what is the "official" process to access the event log now?
    It can be accessed thru meterberry and Quicklaunch.

coughPEBCAKcoughn00bcough
    10-21-09 10:03 PM

how do you unlock it?

10-21-09 11:20 PM
    how do you unlock it?

With a engineering screen code generator.

10-21-09 11:51 PM
    themes don't work because plazmic isn't updated for the newer OS developments...it's not an OS issue, it's a theme issue...

they don't make the OS compatible with themes, it's the other way around...priorities my friend

and honestly, i'm not sure that the swipe up keyboard and the app screen keyboard are "gone for good"

what if it's a bug and not a new change?
    I thought themes worked with .230 at one point....

I guess I was wrong. I haven't really checked out CB since the .323 release and I troll around from here and there.
    10-21-09 11:57 PM
    Why is everyone worried about the keyboard from the home screen? What exactly do you use it for? To view the event log? What is so important about that?
    10-22-09 12:02 AM
    the event log is only one of the things...but being able to get access to the event log TO CLEAR IT is kind of a big deal, especially if you're low on app memory...clearing the event log can help some times...idk if battery pull clears it...i think it just piles up

but there are other codes that you need that keyboard for....i just thought it was weird that they got rid of it...
    10-22-09 02:42 AM
    coughPEBCAKcoughn00bcough
    Hey now...this post was actually meant for someone who asked it on previous page
    10-22-09 03:51 AM
    FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO WANT TO ACCESS YOUR EVENT LOG ON THIS BUILD:

Assign one of your convenience keys to virtual keyboard. Make sure your Portrait View keyboard is set to Full Keyboard (not SureType or Multi Tap or it will not work)

From Home Screen:
    Hit Assigned Convenience Key
    Hold !?123 (this will LOCK it)
    " / " /

There is your event log
    10-22-09 01:10 PM
    works great!

nice.......

emt you managed to best mr patches! my hat is off to your sir!
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 10-22-09 at 01:43 PM.
    10-22-09 01:41 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD