Killed process still nothing it just wont detect the phone
    I'm trying to use it to wipe the phone btw. I have .216 installed now but my browser icon does not show up so I want to wipe the device and so a fresh install.
    DM recognizes it? What about Loader.exe?
    Did you re-send Service Books from phone and your service providers site?
    If yes, go into manage connections turn off network and turn it back on?
    Last edited by rahul.pillai; 09-27-09 at 04:44 PM.
    09-27-09 04:41 PM
    desktop manager detects it just fine. Turned connections off and on again but still nothing.
    09-27-09 04:49 PM
    Uninstalled before I installed 5.0

Did what you said, loader still only bringing up applications and not OS and DM not detecting anything.
    09-27-09 04:50 PM
    I have working:-

google maps
    berrybuzz (beta)
    google sync
    ubertwitter
    weatherbug (but not th home screen icon)

can't get working:-

quickpull (any free version)
    bblight
    Last edited by scuderia; 09-27-09 at 04:57 PM.
    09-27-09 04:55 PM
    loader still only bringing up applications and not OS and DM not detecting anything.
    Have you selected the appz you want and then pressed next? I hope you are not looking for loader to mention the build or operating system... because it doesn't.

As long as the operating system is in the 'loader files' directory on your PC (with no other OS's) it will install it.
    09-27-09 04:55 PM
    desktop manager detects it just fine. Turned connections off and on again but still nothing.
    09-27-09 05:00 PM
    My attempt at help:

Download BBSAK
    Google or search CB.com to see the requirements needed for BBSAK to operate, chances are you will be ok unless your PC was bought from Mrs Miggins in 1872.

Add/Remove Programs in WinXP or the Vista/Win7 equivalent

Uninstall any and all BB Device OS's

<If at any time asked to reboot yer PC do it!!! this is important with this Leak>

Check Add/Remove that there is no entry for RIM Internal Applications. Or any enrty called Quicny. Quincy was a cool '80s pathologist but we dont need him atm.

Download the OS that does not include the RIM-Snoop /Quincy and install.

Run BBSAK and select Load OAS (?)
    ... rest is pretty obvious.
    09-27-09 05:03 PM
    Is there any way to get DM to stop asking to 'upgrade' to 4.7, now I have 5.0 installed?
    09-27-09 05:26 PM
    damn i hate you guys sometimes... i was just enjoying having a nice stable OS going from .167 with notification problems.. to a nice and smooth .173... but now this?!

Hmm what to do, what to do... do I stick in my comfort zone of .173 which is easily installably via desktop manager, everything working absolutly fine, stable, and easy going.... or do I take the plunge to the world of OS 5 testing.... hmmmmmmmmmm
    09-27-09 05:56 PM
    Just one question guys. OS is now working good but i have no Blackberry Maps. Is there generally no Blackberry Maps or is there something buggy ?
    09-27-09 05:59 PM
    Yup did that. A browser is now on my home screen but it seems to be locked to my provider, looks like the BB browser but in the settings the home page is locked to my providers home page and also its locked to wap only.

EDIT: I am wondering if i reset the device to factory settings if that would help?

EDIT2: @ CiderGuru did all you said man but still cant get it to detect my BB if it helps im using BBSAK v1.5

EDIT3: I have tried it on to systems, one running vista 64bit and the other running vista 32bit I don't have access to a xp machine.
    Last edited by Nemesis2k9; 09-27-09 at 06:34 PM.
    09-27-09 06:00 PM
    What is this update supposed to fix...or is it just for flick scrolling? OOh and when is the REAL update from blackberry coming out? any news?
    09-27-09 06:58 PM
    Just one question guys. OS is now working good but i have no Blackberry Maps. Is there generally no Blackberry Maps or is there something buggy ?
    You have to use BBM 4.7 with the 5.0 builds as of right now
    09-27-09 07:18 PM
    Go into DM, App Loader, Add/remove programs... is it not listed there... should be.
    09-27-09 07:24 PM
    love this new OS ...
    later on i will try lyr hybrid over 216.has anyone tried this hybrid ?any review..
    thanks
    09-27-09 08:22 PM
    Well I ended up using JL_cmdr to wipe the phone and yup yup guessed it I still only have this wap browser. It works I just don't not being able to change my home page and as i said earlier its locked to wap, i cant change it to firefox or bb browser.
    09-27-09 08:49 PM
    the only problem i am having after install is the camera.... when i try to open the camera function i get a white screen for a second then the phone reboots
    09-27-09 09:16 PM
    FINDINGS:

So far it's been THE BEST os i've ever installed....although my memory has been around the 23mb, i've got heaps of crap.....dont judge me...

Apps and functions that work:

facebook 1.6.0.22 Works
    Google Maps 3.0.2 Works, (Landscape and Portrait) i didnt change any security stuff
    threaded sms Fantastic
    Flick Scroll - Addictive (Sms emails, anywhere really it simply works)
    Browser - Snappy
    Time Mobile - (Time magazine App) works
    BetaMe (Thanx to the boys here for putting it in the previous hybrids) works
    DocsToGo 1.0008.005 (updated since previous OS's)
    Viigo 3.1.330 works
    QuickPull Works
    BBM4.7 works (waiting on 5 Leak still)

Things That dont work Well:

I've got WeatherBUG and it does not update the icon which makes it useless. it works fine when you go into the app...

Functions:
    there's new options available for texting and using the keyboard which works like the iphone where it shows you the letters you're hovering on top of the keyboard so you know what you're pressing rather than hit and hope which is pretty useful if you're a newby....but i'm sure most storm users are pretty good at typing by now....when you type a word and the dictionary comes with choices it's horizontal now rather then vertical and it works with flick scroll as well...

When you hold BB Button on the homescreen to switch apps, now email addresses and their icons are also included, not just the Messages Icon...which could be useful...but it's just more icons that i dont like seeing...i dont know if you can change any preferences to remove it....

i havent tried any third party themes yet and i dont know how well they will work, but everytime i've used one the email notifications and sms always stuff up and stay on there....i dont know if i wanna use one yet...happy with the default...

hope all this helps....im happy to test out apps for people if you'd like me too...just pm me here....with the link for the app....

good work guys...
    really well done...

Alisneaky
    BB Addict....not officially in here yet though...
    Australia..Vodafone
    09-27-09 09:17 PM
    Uninstalled before I installed 5.0

Did what you said, loader still only bringing up applications and not OS and DM not detecting anything.
    Did you delete Vendor.xml file?
    Go to program files->common files ->reserach in motion->apploader and delete Vendor.xml
    09-27-09 09:45 PM
    I didnt delete Vendor File and it worked just fine....!!!
    09-27-09 09:52 PM
    I didnt delete Vendor File and it worked just fine....!!!
    It could mean that the leak is a Voda leak, all other vendors may have to delete the Vendor file in order to get it working but just a thought.
    09-27-09 10:05 PM
    Here are my initial impressions on this leak; apologies if any of this has been mentioned before, it's been a looong day (nephew's 11th birthday party. Yeesh).
    First boot after installing took ages; subsequent boots after battery pulls (and there have been a lot of those...) have been a LOT faster.
    Flick browsing is lovely.
    The Storm seems to generally run a lot faster. I like that a lot.
    Everything seems... louder. A LOT louder.

Working apps (so far, I haven't had a lot of time to install much yet):
    -TinyTwitter
    -Facebook
    -AOL Instant Messenger
    -Windows Live Messenger

Non-working apps:
    -MiniMonitor (froze the Storm once, and then refused to do anything after that)
    -Quickpull Lite (after 3 reinstalls and numerous battery pulls; keeps asking if I want to add it to "trusted modules" and then just does nothing)
    -Vodafone Live seems to display the html rather than the actual page (so to speak). So does the Google search in the Browser.
    09-27-09 10:52 PM
    I'm starting to notice you can not hide the keyboard on several apps.
    This just started after the 3rd day,,,,,

Meterberry is a dud? With no Hope in sight.
    Doc's To Go is a hit & miss!
    Picture ID the same can not Hide the Keyboard?
    well just about everything you can not Hide the keyboard.

I have a 9500 on at&t, I did 3 wipes before installing the leaked os 5.0.0.216?
    09-27-09 11:18 PM
    hey, nOOb here , i just got my bb storm (9530), as right now i have 4.7.0.148, so im wondering if there is a new update or the one i have is the lattes one ? thnks guys , and im glad to be rocking a BB..
    09-27-09 11:25 PM
    After Installing This Version My Incoming And Outgoing Calls Have Stopped Working However SMS Emails Are Working Fine... Did Reboot, Network ON/OFF....
    Please Help!!
    09-27-09 11:42 PM
830 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD