What are yall using to wipe and load? I usedd BBSAK and I have wiped my device ( reload software 507) and tried to load throught app loader and DM but neither will find 5.0. any suggestions?
    09-27-09 01:39 PM
    wipe using BBSAK then load using loader.exe (search for it or use bbsak)
    09-27-09 01:44 PM
    I've tried but when i used loader.exe it only pulls up apps that i had before and not the 5.0 device software
    09-27-09 01:47 PM
    uninstall anything you had before (from your computer)
    09-27-09 01:48 PM
    I had to put the old stone aged version of BBM back on and its like where nut hugging plaid pants with a butterfly collar button up shirt on picture day!
    I'm flat lining here
    09-27-09 01:51 PM
    i also already did that
    09-27-09 01:53 PM
    Has someone tried Nav4All application yet ?
    I reloaded two times and in both cases the phone crashed.
    I tested instead AmazeGPS and it works very well (vers. 4.5).

Please, let me know
    09-27-09 02:00 PM
    Nvm I did a wipe AND a factory reset and its loading now , @Giomi I will let you know if Nav4All works on mine . ..
    09-27-09 02:34 PM
    BBSAK wont detect my phone! any ideas? I am on a 32bit OS right now.
    09-27-09 02:35 PM
    I'm sure you've tried this but sometimes I have to restart my laptop and dont have anything else open when i open BBSAK and hit connect . . .
    09-27-09 02:49 PM
    stupid question, what would happen if i installed this to my 9530?
    09-27-09 02:59 PM
    I'm looking for Portuguese (Portugal)
    Tkx
    Go ahead and load it up Definitely has Portuguese Lang files...
    09-27-09 02:59 PM
    stupid question, what would happen if i installed this to my 9530?
    Your phone will not recognize it; wait for a Hybrid is my answer.
    09-27-09 03:00 PM
    Your phone will not recognize it; wait for a Hybrid is my answer.
    well i woke up this morning half asleep and i put it on my phone, and my phone is running fine... do yall recommend down-grading or just see what happens?
    09-27-09 03:02 PM
    Still no go guys

EDIT: What version of BBSAK do you guys use? and on what OS?
    I have tried on vista 64 and 32 bit and still it wont detect my phone.
    Last edited by Nemesis2k9; 09-27-09 at 03:31 PM.
    09-27-09 03:07 PM
    Anyone managed to get BBLight working yet? I installed it, but it just freezes the phone when I try to launch it. If this is a no go, any other suggestion as to how to get the screen to light up with calender reminders?
    09-27-09 03:12 PM
    Still no go guys
    Did you try Kill Process?

Are you using BBSAK for a wipe or load?
    09-27-09 03:17 PM
    If youre on 3G is the Blackberry icon there next to 3G while browsing?
    Actually very strange - 3G and blackberry icon are there when normal browsing, but if i use launcher page and enter search term in the google search box and press 'Go' the 3G symbol is still there but the blackberry icon disappears and the HTML code is displayed instead of the web page

Workaround is to bookmark w w w.google.com as your homepage and search from there works without any problems (or add w w w.google.com to your bookmarks and use it if u need a google search)
    Last edited by MikeyUK; 09-27-09 at 04:14 PM.
    09-27-09 03:45 PM
    I've uninstalled the old OS and installed the OS on my computer.. but Desktop Manager isn't detecting it. Only 4.7 is showing. Any ideas?
    09-27-09 04:02 PM
    Also noticed if you open an email, and then swipe left or right to display next email, a black background is shown for a moment whilst the next email slides in. No big deal but very noticible
    09-27-09 04:16 PM
    I've uninstalled the old OS and installed the OS on my computer.. but Desktop Manager isn't detecting it. Only 4.7 is showing. Any ideas?
    Close DM and run "loader.exe"
    09-27-09 04:17 PM
    Only applications coming up with loader.exe.. no OS.
    09-27-09 04:26 PM
    Actually very strange - 3G and blackberry icon are there when normal browsing, but if i use launcher page and enter search term in the google search box and press 'Go' the 3G symbol is still there but the blackberry icon disappears and the HTML code is displayed instead of the web page

Workaround is to bookmark w w w.google.com as your homepage and search from there works without any problems (or add w w w.google.com to your bookmarks and use it if u need a google search)
    No, not strange at all. It is what I am seeing and somewhat proves my point. If you wish to do a Google search go direct to Google rather than type into the search box on the browsers opening screen.

To put it simply... t'internet is working but that first screen is part of Vodafone Live, which is not working after the recent BIS upgrade. Using it will switch off your BIS connection, hence the garbled HTML result.

If this happens the quickest way to re-establish your BIS connection is to turn off all connections and then reconnect them.
    09-27-09 04:27 PM
    Did you try Kill Process?

Are you using BBSAK for a wipe or load?
    Killed process still nothing it just wont detect the phone
    I'm trying to use it to wipe the phone btw. I have .216 installed now but my browser icon does not show up so I want to wipe the device and so a fresh install.
    09-27-09 04:28 PM
    Only applications coming up with loader.exe.. no OS.
    Did you delete the old OS from your PC before installing .216?
    Check if there are any folder or files under the "Shared" folder [C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared]
    If yes, delete the same.

Open up you control panel > add remove programs > remove RIM Internal Tools

Reboot your PC.

Disconnect from the Internet and run loader.exe
    Last edited by rahul.pillai; 09-27-09 at 04:39 PM.
    09-27-09 04:36 PM
830 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD