Ok so after a long time playing everything seems to be working fine now except I cannot get facebook working (even the one from bbhybrids) and quickpull

Anyone got any clues?

also i can't find tabs on browser is that just me being stupid?

Threaded SMS will take some getting used to but i think i will prefer it.

Signal seems average, not bad but not great.

Not tried themes yet but the consensus seems to be that they work, so might try them later.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, people seem to suggest you can set the theme to be a today theme now? how?

Did you delete Facebook .21? When I first downloaded I could see in my applications list but couldn't get to load. I deleted and installed just .22 and all was OK.

Thats a good point about tabs...... Where the **** are they? Lol

Does your threaded SMS keep going to the oldest message at the top? You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the last message?

My signals great, will see how it goes in London tomorrow.....

I've tried a few themes so far, All appear to work OK.
    However, I've reverted back to the standard theme, seems a lot faster and smoother than the 3rd party themes.

I have also read about the features of the theme on .230, will be interesting if someone could tell us if it's on this version too. If not, can we download that theme to use with .216?
    09-27-09 09:22 AM
    No Tabbed Browsing on this build.
    For Today
    BB Button while in home screen> Options > Set Home Screen Layout > Today
    Thanks, i guessed the tab thing, and really should have known the today thing lol.
    09-27-09 09:23 AM
    No Tabbed Browsing on this build.
    For Today
    BB Button while in home screen> Options > Set Home Screen Layout > Today
    Nice one Rahul.... Your full of findings

Not to sure I like the today with no Icons......... Will see how it goes
    09-27-09 09:29 AM
    I wish/hope GC gets MeterBerry working with 5.0
    09-27-09 09:34 AM
    I wish/hope GC gets MeterBerry working with 5.0
    Yeah me too.

Are you finding your memory is dropping a lot?
    Within 3 hours i've dropped just over 10mb.
    Not sure if it's cos i'm using it a lot more than normal
    09-27-09 09:36 AM
    so... what's the verdict?

worth installing over .173?
    **** yes!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-27-09 09:36 AM
    Fantastic release. The last OS 5.0 leak I tried caused me a stack of problems and I quickly downgraded again. But this one is ace - quick, smooth, some icon improvements, and best of all the apps I use regularly are still working.
    09-27-09 09:43 AM
    Here's a few pictures for those who haven't yet converted to 5.0.....

Standard Home screen with standard theme.....

Standard theme but set to "Today".....

New e-mail message layout (with quick send e-mail button).....

New media folder when you press media button......
    (Note, the message alert icons cover the writing)

New Applications Menu......

Here's the letters that Pop Up when your typing.......

And another on QWERTY....
    Last edited by MaxdMerc; 09-27-09 at 10:03 AM.
    09-27-09 09:56 AM
    Here's a few pictures for those who haven't yet converted to 5.0.....[/IMG]
    Nice car mate... do Aston do an in car adapter for the Storm ?
    09-27-09 10:01 AM
    Yeah me too.

Are you finding your memory is dropping a lot?
    Within 3 hours i've dropped just over 10mb.
    Not sure if it's cos i'm using it a lot more than normal
    No Memory issues - been stable at 48.9 all along.
    09-27-09 10:05 AM
    Nice car mate... do Aston do an in car adapter for the Storm ?
    Lol, I don't know. I would think they must do.

I know that BMW & VW do. (my cars)
    09-27-09 10:07 AM
    09-27-09 10:11 AM
    Looks good doesn't it
    09-27-09 10:14 AM
    Had it about an hour now, and find it great! Love the smilies, but a little irritating that when in an SMS 'chat' new messages appear at the bottom, so you have to scroll down. Would like the option for new messages to appear at the top of the list.

Also, the Calendar doesn't seem to like flick scrolling in Agenda view. Mine goes back several months with one flick, and seems jumbled. Further, I had to wipe the Calendar loaded from the backup, and resync with Outlook, as I was getting two entries for the same event on all day events.

Oh, and my Plasmic theme works fine!

Apps installed and working:

Berry Weather
    LaunchPad
    Weather Bug
    Aerize Alerts
    AppWorld
    09-27-09 10:45 AM
    Hi everyone. Just installed .216 and I can't search from the intergrated google. When the page opens it just full of jiberish. I can access it via the address bar and google works fine. Anyone know how to resolve this. This has happened with previous leaks but I've never solved the problem.
    Thanks

09-27-09 10:58 AM
    Anyone got BBLight working? This could be a major problem for me if it won't.
    09-27-09 11:10 AM
    Did you delete Facebook .21? When I first downloaded I could see in my applications list but couldn't get to load. I deleted and installed just .22 and all was OK.

Thats a good point about tabs...... Where the **** are they? Lol

Does your threaded SMS keep going to the oldest message at the top? You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the last message?

My signals great, will see how it goes in London tomorrow.....

I've tried a few themes so far, All appear to work OK.
    However, I've reverted back to the standard theme, seems a lot faster and smoother than the 3rd party themes.

I have also read about the features of the theme on .230, will be interesting if someone could tell us if it's on this version too. If not, can we download that theme to use with .216?
    yeah just did a wipe before the os was installed then when i installed .22 facebook it was just in the app list but was no icon to open. Might try it again now though.
    09-27-09 11:21 AM
    Doesn't look likes its worked.
    09-27-09 11:33 AM
    Doesn't look likes its worked.
    I don't know why that might be?

Have you done the usual few battery pulls and checked for the icon in the applications or downloads folder?

Apart from that, i'm stuck!
    09-27-09 11:41 AM
    Hi everyone. Just installed .216 and I can't search from the intergrated google. When the page opens it just full of jiberish. I can access it via the address bar and google works fine. Anyone know how to resolve this. This has happened with previous leaks but I've never solved the problem.
    Thanks

As per my previous post you're seeing the HTML code rather than the actual page which is exactly what I'm getting if I search using browser default home page google search. If you set your homepage to w w w.google.com you can search from there without any issues
    09-27-09 11:50 AM
    has anyone tried using the .230 Java with the .216 radio? just curious if it works and I can't try on a 9530
    09-27-09 11:55 AM
    All issues fixed for me.

I suggest a full wipe before installing the non-Quincy version.

I too was having apps listed but nowhere to be found, App World kept deleing itself and couldnt get any version of BBM to work. A full wipe and reinstall cured these issues.

Also, it would seem there has been a BIS issue last night and this morning.
    Europe started upgrading to BIS 2.8 yesterday and this might be affecting some people, it certainly was me as I couldnt connect to BIS.

If you cant connect to BIS your Browser, WLM, Facebook and others simply won't work and on installation you will have no browser icon.

As BIS here has now settled down I can confirm that this OS is not Pants, it's feckin brilliant!
    09-27-09 11:58 AM
    As per my previous post you're seeing the HTML code rather than the actual page which is exactly what I'm getting if I search using browser default home page google search. If you set your homepage to w w w.google.com you can search from there without any issues
    Thanks Mikey
    09-27-09 11:58 AM
    has anyone tried using the .230 Java with the .216 radio? just curious if it works and I can't try on a 9530
    Lyr, have not tried it yet. Will give it a shot next weekend. Wish to savor this release a little bit longer
    09-27-09 12:02 PM
    Appologies if ive missed it but has anyone else lost their video camera option ?

Edit:

Found it can only get it to work from the homescreen menu mot avaliable with the camera shortcut key option.
    09-27-09 12:07 PM
830 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD