Love to try the new OS, but it states "only users with a current BB subscription are allowed to upgrade".

Never had this message before and I upgraded without any problem to .173. Does anybody got the same message? I'm on Vodafone Netherlands... Aaargh
    09-28-09 01:03 PM
    Nope, I get an 8!
    +1 for me also. Amazing how variable these OSs are from Storm to Storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 01:05 PM
    Love to try the new OS, but it states "only users with a current BB subscription are allowed to upgrade".

Never had this message before and I upgraded without any problem to .173. Does anybody got the same message? I'm on Vodafone Netherlands... Aaargh
    I saw a fix in this thread; search this thread.
    09-28-09 01:07 PM
    I saw a fix in this thread; search this thread.
    I searched the thread, but can only find the other Dutch guy who has the same problem. Can't find the fix... I read the compete thread, just to be sure

I did send service books, registered on the network, rebooted... Am I missing the solution?

EDIT: turning the internet connection on my laptop off did the trick
    Last edited by Achmeon; 09-28-09 at 02:45 PM.
    09-28-09 01:53 PM
    anyone a have a link that works for the 9530 so i can have a working camera
    5.0.0.230 for that os
    09-28-09 02:29 PM
    My blackberry visor isn't working properly, it will play music but wont take a call.

So back to .173 for me.
    09-28-09 02:38 PM
    I'm going back to 4.7.0.173, while there are lots of nice features with 5.0.0.216 there are some key bugs that I can't live with, namely;

- BIS connection keeps dropping, never had this problem before.
    - Main one for me, Media Player is ropey, (with headphones) volume mute after each track has returned, mute button on the top of the phone no longer pauses the track when phone is locked.
    - Battery life is poor compared to earlier OS builds

It's a shame as there are some nice additions in this build but I think I'll wait for a more stable release before returning to OS 5.0 again
    I'd also go back to .173, but I can't live without message tones, and want to keep my theme.

My main bug issue with 5, is that the 'Home' screen won't refresh, so if you have Launch Pad icons, or Weather, the icons won't update.

Still looking for a fix for BerryWeather, and BBLight. Anyone??

I also had trouble with my Blackberry VM-605 car handsfree today, in that it was showing as connected, but calls were not routing through it. I also found that I couldn't remove it from the Paired list, to re-pair it, or even access Properties for that item, so I had to go back to a 4.7 version, just to remove the paired device, then reload 5.0. Having now re-paired it, it works fine. Is there any way, in DM, to remove all paired devices?
    09-28-09 03:01 PM
    Ended up going back to 4.7.0.173 since 5.0.0.216 wouldn't let me make calls (! Congestion Error) and it wouldn't let me receive calls (just rang and rang untit it auto-drops the call).

I really wish I could keep this OS on though, because otherwise I like the threaded SMS, the App features, the flick scrolling (**** yes) and a bunch of little things that I was finally glad to see...

Oh well maybe the next beta release will work better on my 9500.
    09-28-09 03:26 PM
    Hello everybody. If I�m not mistaken, this�ll be my first ever post on this forum, so greets to all.

I tried installing this OS on my 9500 from Vodafone ES, but didn�t get it running properly. Let�s see if someone could point out where I�ve possibly gone wrong.

I had previously updated the OS from the Vodafone original .141 to the A1 published .173 without problems.

These were the steps I took:
    Made a backup of the phone data using the desktop software (v5.0) on WinXP, uninstalled the .173 from the pc, then restarted. Installed the new .216 software, removed the vendor.xml file and then proceeded with loading the new OS using the AppLoader. I chose to backup and restore the phone data as usual.

After the actual installation, while restoring the address book, things just froze. The phone restarted by itself several times and the AppLoader remained in the address book restore, unresponsive. After waiting for a goooooooood while, I unplugged the phone, did a battery pull and saw if the phone starts up. It did, I got even to the setup, but after two minutes the phone spontaneously rebooted.

Did several attempts of getting things to run, without success. Consequently, wiped the device with BBSAK and tried to install again, this time the plain OS without my personal data. The installation went fine, but afterwards the same symptoms continued, the phone rebooting almost immediately after getting to the home screen.

Now I�m back to .173 which is working just fine, but reading all the praise about this new OS would be nice to get to try it.

Any ideas?
    09-28-09 03:51 PM
    Thanks for this

My reports so far:

NAV4ALL crashed the whole phone and made it reboot itself
    BBWeather crashes and you cant close the app or even see it
    Quickpull gives "uncaught exception" errors
    Meterberry just doesn't open

I've deleted them all and just rebooted the phone. Once it's back up (which doesn't seem to take too long with this O/S!) I'll re-download above apps and report back

EDIT:

NAV4ALL just wont work. Reboots the phone upon launch
    Quickpull keeps giving errors saying "error occured when launching application. Application has been terminated"
    Meterberry is what was giving the uncaught exception errors actually - and it still does it and wont open
    BBWeather - after a remove and install from BBDM the app still wont load
    Last edited by cat007; 09-28-09 at 05:13 PM.
    09-28-09 03:59 PM
    Thanks for this

My reports so far:

NAV4ALL crashed the whole phone and made it reboot itself
    BBWeather crashes and you cant close the app or even see it
    Quickpull gives "uncaught exception" errors
    Meterberry just doesn't open

I've deleted them all and just rebooted the phone. Once it's back up (which doesn't seem to take too long with this O/S!) I'll re-download above apps and report back
    I'm not sure if it helps but i think that the .230 application thread pretty much sums up what will and wont work with .216 also.

The radio is the same platform in both versions so it may save you some time having a look there
    09-28-09 04:39 PM
    Works great on mine, this is what they should have had on the phone from the begining.
    09-28-09 04:53 PM
    I don't like to boast but........

(Note, I dont think this is a proper .230 release...)
    Last edited by MaxdMerc; 09-28-09 at 05:00 PM.
    09-28-09 04:54 PM
    Welcome to yesterday dude!
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 09-28-09 at 05:04 PM.
    09-28-09 05:00 PM
    I just updated my storm to this realease and i get this message whenever i re-boot the device.

uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n

I've uninstalled all third party apps, made sure that all other apps are set to 'Allow' but i still get it. One site pointed to some presentation viewer but installing that had no affect.

Any ideas?

On another note, i was browsing the normal forums earlier but all i get now are the mobile forums. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 05:00 PM
    I don't like to boast but........

(Note, I dont think this is a proper .230 release...)
    have i missed something ? where's the 230 from ? is that a hybrid ?
    09-28-09 05:09 PM
    have i missed something ? where's the 230 from ? is that a hybrid ?
    I was just about to ask same question !!
    09-28-09 05:10 PM
    Hey everyone!

I just did my update! Missing browser has anyone solved this?

Besides that looks ok... Battery is a gonner though :/
    09-28-09 05:11 PM
    I was just about to ask same question !!
    phew... i'm glad i'm not the only one who's going to look stupid
    09-28-09 05:16 PM
    Well I cant find .230 for 9500 except for hybrid, dont want that.
    09-28-09 05:21 PM
    Welcome to yesterday dude!
    Where did I miss it yesterday? Lol

I think it is a Hybrid, it installs the RIM .230 files in place of the .216 files.
    09-28-09 05:22 PM
    It is, there are only about 2 .216 java files left (the rest are .230) and i am guessing the radio is still .216 - BBSAK will show you the files that remain.

I have to say, I have been running it for 24hours and it has all the frills of .216 and is even more stable.

DM insisted on updating it further today... not sure what it did though.
    09-28-09 05:38 PM
    Have you got a link ?
    09-28-09 05:44 PM
    Please was anyone able to fix the missing browser issue? I reloaded the OS but still nothing!
    09-28-09 06:02 PM
    I have v5.0.0.216, I tried getting the hybrid, but the links are dead any help?
    09-28-09 06:09 PM
830 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD