You know what to do...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 02:29 PM
    Can't wait for this one......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 03:06 PM
    Wow where are all the 9500 users at? I guess out drinkin, it is 10:45pm Euro time I suppose.
    09-26-09 03:44 PM
    Well for me the camera certainly seems alot better behaved. In the past it would seem in focus when taking the pic, but the when it showed you the end result it was all blurred.

Here it keeps the sharpness.

However it is not a great fan of you yanking out the data-cable. it is either a hit or a miss whether or not it will freeze the phone.

Flick scrolling is sexy smooth and there is no 'bleeding' of the icons.

Now although I deleted the internal tools before flashing the phone, there seems to be allot of activity every time I boot the phone. Is this normal? I am taking about 20 seconds of data-transfer.

I though initially the signal was more stable, but wo' it has just gone to SOS.
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 09-26-09 at 04:16 PM.
    09-26-09 04:05 PM
    I'm still waiting for more comments is is worth loading or not...

But why we dont have .230 build for 9500?
    09-26-09 04:17 PM
    It is easily the best build by far IMO (and I have tried them all!)
    09-26-09 04:22 PM
    This is the best to date!

Too early to report yet but flick scrolling and conversations are all worth the wait!

****Note: The BB logo is there! Internet is fast! E-mails, SMS & Calls all working perfectly!**** (lets hope it stays that way!)

Last edited by MaxdMerc; 09-26-09 at 04:49 PM.
    09-26-09 04:47 PM
    Saw a nifty 'lil thing while trying to set permissions for MeterBerry. Categories represented in tab format! Wonder if it was there in .191 or .230?
    09-26-09 04:53 PM
    I'm finding a couple of issues so far, nothing major....

Camera finds it hard to focus in low light, took 10 pictures and not 1 has come out properly, all pretty blurry.(will test in daylight tomorrow)

Phone now and again freezes, only lasts about 5 seconds then it comes back to life again.

Blackberry messenger keeps coming up with update 1.0.94 - When you click to download it is for OS 4.1.0.???
    (Not even compatible with the current or previous Storm OS???)

Positive....

Facebook .22 works well.
    Blackberry messenger 4.7 works.
    App World works.
    Transitions very smooth.
    Flick scrolling is awsome!
    Last edited by MaxdMerc; 09-26-09 at 05:34 PM.
    09-26-09 05:15 PM
    Woow. flick scrolling, smooth, This is shaping up great
    09-26-09 05:42 PM
    loving this very fast bbot up. Browser seems faster. I have no BBM but think I messed it up at the install. Wiping and reloading. Apart from that is it is the bomb and flick scrolling is brilliant!
    09-26-09 05:44 PM
    Enjoy the love folks...
    09-26-09 05:44 PM
    If you are using BerryBuzz; download the same from here:

http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/bet.../berrybuzz.jad

This is a Beta...
    09-26-09 05:47 PM
    Not to mention nice revamp sms, mms
    09-26-09 05:47 PM
    Now there is a segregation for Applications:

"Third Party" "Add On" "Core"

Apps I have tried out till now:

StormSlider v 4.2.8
    BerryBuzz v2.1.31
    BerryPopup v1.1.16
    UberTwitter v0.925
    BBM 4.7
    QL v2.12.2
    AddNumberAs v1.0.0
    WordSearch v1.0

BBWeather works but not on the home screen.

MeterBerry v1.5.8
    Last edited by rahul.pillai; 09-26-09 at 06:13 PM.
    09-26-09 05:56 PM
    After playing with 5.0.0.216 for a couple of hours... :

Looks lovely. Very quick. Flick Scrolling etc.
    Love the ability to make the theme a Today one via options!
    Editing/correcting text with the bubble is now doable! Yay!
    It all looks and feels like a Storm should have done from the start.

However... unless the BIS network is behaving oddly tonight this Leak is doing odd things. The BB logo next to "3G" appears and disappears. Its mostly not there. This is not just a cosmetic flaw, as it affects the phones functionality.

... I am sat 4 feet away from my femtocell, so signal strength is maximum 3G.. you cant get any better, (There is no natural 2G or 3G in my house, hence the femtocell). However I am being connected to and disconnected from the BIS network constantly. This affects all kinds of things in a bad way... you simply cannot do the things you want to do, WLM? Nope Web? Nope.

Hopefully its the BIS networh thats acting up, if not then I suspect that this Leak is seriously flawed.

App World. Download, install, use. Reboot and it's gone. Same happens with BBM5.

Camera works fine for me.

Still testing but if the BIS issue continues its back to 4.0.0.173 for me.
    Call it Paranoia but even after the usual uninstall of Quincy before updating I smell a fish.....

<EDIT> If anyone has a working link for BBM5 for OS 5.0 could you share it please
    Last edited by CiderGuru; 09-26-09 at 06:08 PM.
    09-26-09 06:03 PM
    However... unless the BIS network is behaving oddly tonight
    There has been a problem with the BIS network for the last couple of days, it was completely down on Thursday night / Friday morning.

Call me fickle, but I love how the flick scrolling has been incorporated into setting the alarms clock!
    09-26-09 06:10 PM
    I would like to give a big thanx to the person that leaked this OS. This is absolutely fantastic. Not sure how it compares to .230 that u 9530 guys have, but everything so far is superb. I haven't noticed any flaws with this build as yet. Signal strength maybe ever so slightly down, but it is never full in my house anyways. BBM & Windows Live Messenger working fine. Pictures loading instantly, menus open and close really quickly. Lock & unlock is fast. Memory on first boot was 41.9, which is more than I have had on previous build with the same stuff installed. As I said earlier, not seeing the probs other users having. I did a Wipe using BBSAK then installed. Proper buzzin with this build. :-)
    09-26-09 06:16 PM
    You're Fickle :P

Like I said it loooks and behaves awesome. Even the insanely massive End User Agreements for WLM etc are a breeze to flick-scroll through now!

I'm testing my 3rd party apps atm. Some don't work which is fine and to be expected, but this BIS thing is worrying me somewhat as BIS was 100% fine before I installed .216

... I'll continue my tests
    09-26-09 06:16 PM
    5.0.0.216 :Apps Test on my Storm
    Carrier: VodafoneUK

SocialScope = NO
    UberTwitter = YES
    WLM for OS5 = YES
    Viigo = YES
    Facebook for 5.0 = YES
    GoogleSync = NO
    Adorno! MultiAlarm = YES
    Google Maps = NO ... crashed. Battery Pull
    ... BatteryPull Lite = NO :P
    Blackberry App World = NO ... keeps deleting itself on reboot <EDIT: Now it wants to stay, so YES>
    BBM5 for 5.0 = NO ... Installs but is nowhere to be found.
    Poynt = YES
    RDM+ = YES

... taking too long, I'll update later

I now have an old version of WLM in my downloads folder called "Archived" deleting it will not delete it, its still there after reboot.
    Last edited by CiderGuru; 09-26-09 at 06:42 PM.
    09-26-09 06:35 PM
    Cider, I can't understand y Appworld and BBM aren't working for u m8, I have no probs with them. Did you wipe phone firrst with BBSAK?
    09-26-09 06:40 PM
    Cider, I can't understand y Appworld and BBM aren't working for u m8, I have no probs with them. Did you wipe phone firrst with BBSAK?
    No. I never have and have never seen the need to. App World is now working after the last battery pull. I'll have another shot at BB5 for 5 when Ive rebooted again lol:P A working link for the latest BB5 for 5 would be good though, if anyone has one

<EDIT>: App World has vannished again lol
    Last edited by CiderGuru; 09-26-09 at 06:47 PM.
    09-26-09 06:45 PM
    09-26-09 06:50 PM
    I would like to give a big thanx to the person that leaked this OS. This is absolutely fantastic.
    Amen to that!
    09-26-09 06:51 PM
    Aye, thats where I downloaded from. Ive just started to download it again, says its already installed of course, it just doesnt exist to run or uninstall
    09-26-09 06:55 PM
830 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD