anybody having problems with autotext in SMS? i cant disable autotext although i set to disable autotext is SMS.. I also cant disable Predictive input in options, languange and text input.. it becomes a problem if you use languange that is not available for text input... i use English for the text input as indonesians is not available. so it is really annoying.. i wish theres a hybrid that can solve this..

cheers
    10-04-09 12:23 PM
    So, still cant figure out how to get Ubertwitter to alert when I get new tweets!! anyone have any feedback on this?
    Thank you for raising my inquisitiveness

Ubertwitter > Options > go to the 11th Screen [it is after the TimeLine Refresh Delay setting page]

"Enable notifications for new tweets" check box should be available.
    "visually notify on new tweets" check box should be available.
    10-04-09 12:43 PM
    hi there ive been having issues with my emails. i have both a hotmail and a gmail and although after installation of .216 the icons are there .. i can't seem to be able to send an email using either of the mails as the send button isnt highlighted nor is there a send button in the menu.
    i did try to send myself some emails thru the computer and it arrived pretty quickly and with those received emails i'm able to click reply and with that it's possible to send the email.

oh and another issue is that.. with my gmail acc there seems to be a duplicate icon of the same email acc... how should i get rid of it?
    would be great to get some help.
    this version is great... i wanna try to stick with it.
    thanks
    10-04-09 06:26 PM
    I wiped the phone about 10 times and twice with BBSAK. Browser icon back & functioning! BES activation completed and working!
    But I'll wait 24 hours to see if it works coz previous 5.0 versions start with a bang & then wither down without a whimper
    Waiting before I say, "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"
    Well its been 3 days now;
    BES works, browsing great, FB works, Viigo works, opera mini 5 works. No a single crash so far. It seems finally a good leak 5.0 for 9500.
    10-05-09 01:31 AM
    Is there any way to turn OFF conversation mode for SMS? It's bugging the crap out of me.
    10-05-09 01:47 AM
    Is there any way to turn OFF conversation mode for SMS? It's bugging the crap out of me.
    Unfortunately; no.
    10-05-09 01:54 AM
    I tried that with my quickpull and it still did not work.
    after a reboot it still do not work for me too....
    10-05-09 03:03 AM
    hi there ive been having issues with my emails. i have both a hotmail and a gmail and although after installation of .216 the icons are there .. i can't seem to be able to send an email using either of the mails as the send button isnt highlighted nor is there a send button in the menu.
    i did try to send myself some emails thru the computer and it arrived pretty quickly and with those received emails i'm able to click reply and with that it's possible to send the email.

oh and another issue is that.. with my gmail acc there seems to be a duplicate icon of the same email acc... how should i get rid of it?
    would be great to get some help.
    this version is great... i wanna try to stick with it.
    thanks
    It looks like there is a bug (or feature) in this release where you can only send emails to your contacts.

If you type in a random address the send button is greyed-out and inaccessible.

You'll have to add the contact before you can email them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 07:11 AM
    Well its been 3 days now;
    BES works, browsing great, FB works, Viigo works, opera mini 5 works. No a single crash so far. It seems finally a good leak 5.0 for 9500.
    Christ, you've changed your tune!
    10-05-09 07:16 AM
    It looks like there is a bug (or feature) in this release where you can only send emails to your contacts.

Did not face this issue with straight .216 or the .216 based Hybrid
    10-05-09 07:26 AM
    Did not face this issue with straight .216 or the .216 based Hybrid
    I thought this as well until i realised that if you press enter after writing the address (it adds a new line to put a second address in) then you can send it
    10-05-09 07:35 AM
    Thank you for raising my inquisitiveness

Ubertwitter > Options > go to the 11th Screen [it is after the TimeLine Refresh Delay setting page]

"Enable notifications for new tweets" check box should be available.
    "visually notify on new tweets" check box should be available.
    Thanks,
    yeah they are ALL checked..I dont know whats wrong. Maybe its my issue with the .216 like some have the camera issue. Its not too important...not like I really use it..
    10-05-09 10:46 AM

Nope, I can send emails to anyone, contacts or not. If I use the Compose button, I just scroll up to [Use Once] to type in any address. If via Messages, I just put the address in as usual.
    10-05-09 10:47 AM
    I wonder if we're going to have to wait for the official 5.0 release before some of the non-currently-working apps, such as BBLight and Quick Pull will be updated? I'm really finding the lack of backlight for alarms, tasks, and calender reminders, a real pain, and I'm seriously considering reverting to 4.7 because of BBLight not working.
    10-05-09 10:50 AM
    Bored of .216/ [.230/.238]

Can we get a higher leak
    10-05-09 12:56 PM

Can we get a higher leak
    LOL! Yet again I am exhausted after a long hard days trolling the forums with nothing to show for it!
    10-05-09 01:23 PM
    LOL! Yet again I am exhausted after a long hard days trolling the forums with nothing to show for it!
    I agree ! need another leak...

My prediction is next week .... when I'll not be able to upgrade due to work commitments

like this build .. if only the battery would last longer...
    10-05-09 02:49 PM
    Hello everyone!

i'm not really into the technical terms you are using.. But i have a problem with my bb storm.. After my last update my camera will not work anymore. It says that i have to close all other applications first before i can use the camera.. I closed everything.. did some pull outs.. but still the same problem.. I have a bb storm 9500 is there a solution??

Thanks!

Bart
    10-06-09 03:53 AM
    When enabling the Elle Theme in 5.0.0.216 i notice that it removes the Media folder and it is no way possible to explore my memory card files (I now use Filescout to achieve this).............and other problem i noticed was that when i connect to PC using USB i dont anymore see the drive connecting the Application memory......all that i see is only the drive showing the contents media card.............one other problems i am facing recently is the bluetooth not working......(i have raised a new post to see if i can find answers to this problem)............
    10-06-09 05:01 AM

Can we get a higher leak
    +1 and way to start a petition..........
    10-06-09 05:02 AM
    When enabling the Elle Theme in 5.0.0.216 i notice that it removes the Media folder and it is no way possible to explore my memory card files (I now use Filescout to achieve this).............and other problem i noticed was that when i connect to PC using USB i dont anymore see the drive connecting the Application memory......all that i see is only the drive showing the contents media card.............one other problems i am facing recently is the bluetooth not working......(i have raised a new post to see if i can find answers to this problem)............

Create a new folder called Media and transfer all to that folder and try again.
    Use DM > Back up and Restore > Advanced and "clear" Bluetooth options as see.
    10-06-09 05:20 AM
    Create a new folder called Media and transfer all to that folder and try again.
    Use DM > Back up and Restore > Advanced and "clear" Bluetooth options as see.
    That is what i did but still when i click the BB button it does not show the option to Explore my Media card files.
    I was trying to reset the Bluetooth but could not delete the devices from the phone.......and now my Soft reset is also not working.......i did do couple of battery pulls to see if that works but it didn't......
    10-06-09 05:23 AM
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me where to download the file? I could not find the link!

Thanks!
    10-06-09 06:52 AM
    That is what i did but still when i click the BB button it does not show the option to Explore my Media card files.
    I was trying to reset the Bluetooth but could not delete the devices from the phone.......and now my Soft reset is also not working.......i did do couple of battery pulls to see if that works but it didn't......
    Use DM to clear Bluetooth options.
    10-06-09 09:36 AM
    OK. I wasnt able to make the calling work with .216. But I was able to make it work with .140/.230 hybrid.
    But now I have another issue. GTalk isnt showing up. I tried installing from 5.0 IM clients that Rahul had provided the COD files and also from the link on Blackberry Rocks but none works. IS there a way out?????
    10-06-09 10:26 AM
830 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD