sorry but could someone post the link where i can get .216 please
    09-30-09 07:19 AM
    mcfly27, I think you need to read up a few posts to see why I made comments like I did. You are right about forums being the place to ask questions, but when certain people come on moaning about some Leaked Os's not being what people want them to be and why people release them when they could lose their jobs is ridiculous. If people don't like leaked OS's then don't install them, Simples.
    You know what, I agree with you now. I gave the guy benefit of the doubt and got a rude response back. Attiq - find some manners and get off your arrogant high horse. None of us work for RIM and if you want perfection - wait for the official. otherwise joint he rest of us working around beta's and accept any help you get graciously. as everyone says, beta's are your decision to play with and its written on every leak newspiece.
    09-30-09 07:25 AM
    sorry but could someone post the link where i can get .216 please
    Here you go buddy:

Alligator.rar - Uploadjockey.com

Lot of pop-ups and free adv. here. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Mirror Sites.
    Last edited by rahul.pillai; 09-30-09 at 07:31 AM.
    09-30-09 07:29 AM
    the smoother os i have ever installed. having no problems at all, no reboots, no browser issues...
    only battery life is a little shorter, but nothing that would make me downgrade..

only quickpull isn't working
    I have quickpull lite and it does work! do you have the lite or full version...does every\anyone else find quickpull doesnt work?

If not...I feel almost privileged!
    Last edited by mcfly27; 09-30-09 at 07:42 AM.
    09-30-09 07:31 AM
    Did you wipe your phone?

If no, Back up using DM.

Then wipe it and use loader.exe to install the OS on your phone. Do not use DM for upgrade.
    thanks for ur help
    i was a bit hesitant to wipe my device but having tried and failed every thing i wiped and .216 loaded like a charm
    thank u man
    09-30-09 07:39 AM
    Cheers mate ill get to it
    09-30-09 07:46 AM
    wish me luck
    09-30-09 07:47 AM
    could find on that page where abouts it was??
    09-30-09 07:52 AM
    i mean couldnt
    09-30-09 07:53 AM
    where cani find the link for the .216 download. just tried the one on here and it says the file does not exist anymore. can anyone help????
    09-30-09 07:55 AM
    It's quite a smooth OS without lockups or reboots. Can't comment on memory and battery life yet but so far it's definitely a keeper for me.
    +1 - No lockups or reboots.

I don't run 3rd party appz and so my free memory has stayed at a constant 42.5 since it was last booted 2 days ago.

Signal-wise, 3G is pretty much the same, but I would say that my GPRS is stronger and more stable (not jumping backward and forward between 3G and GPRS like in the past)
    09-30-09 07:56 AM
    i mean couldnt
    At the bottom of the page:

It would list as:

Uploading.com
    Megaupload
    DepositFiles

Choose any one.

Edit: Try this - > MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    09-30-09 07:59 AM
    my memory still going down constantly, even though I installed a lot less 3rd party apps, and it was also not very high when I first installed the os even though I wiped it and have no 3rd party app..
    And my battery seems to run out kinda faster..

But other than that, this os is real cool, plus I can use themes again
    09-30-09 08:09 AM
    when i try to download through DM it cimes up with an error saying it is not compatible with device and cannot be loaded. can anyone help?
    09-30-09 08:35 AM
    when i try to download through DM it cimes up with an error saying it is not compatible with device and cannot be loaded. can anyone help?
    Don't use DM; close it. Use Loader.exe.

It should be in this directory on XP:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Also, in the same folder you will see a file called vendor.xml; delete it!

Follow this:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Last edited by rahul.pillai; 09-30-09 at 08:44 AM.
    09-30-09 08:40 AM
    Don't use DM; close it. Use Loader.exe.

It should be in this directory on XP:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Also, in the same folder you will see a file called vendor.xml; delete it!

Follow this:
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    You could also disconnect from the internet.
    09-30-09 09:05 AM
    return to 4.7.0.173 for me, 5.0.0.216/230 is not enought stable for me :

- a lot of freezes when getting out of locked screen and with a calendar notification appeared
    (and no other issue than putting off the battery to restart BB)
    - sound notifications are not the one i've chosen...(due to BerryBuzz ?) also if BerryByzz deactivated..)
    - battery's autonomy to light (60% after 6 hours without data (BIS off) and any call..)
    - 24 mb of memory staying after boot witout third party application loaded (instead of 37 with OS 4.7.0.173...with Berryweather and WLM charged) so a lot of response time when leaving locked screen, leaving applications, etc...
    09-30-09 11:36 AM
    Hmm..No I didnt try doing that..how would I do that, right click on loader.exe?
    09-30-09 11:51 AM
    ok so I was here last night trying my hardest to install the 5.0.216 OS for my storm 9500...was pretty unsuccessful. if anyone out there as a little time to maybe help me in areas that I may have overlooked I would really appreciate it. I figured out how to wipe and restore. BBSAK isnt working on my PC so I had to jl..so I am not sure how to back up my apps, but if I have to reinstall I dont care. I am basically trying to find out how to properly download the OS Software, and locate it once I am ready to install on my device...
    09-30-09 11:55 AM
    thats weird..when I run loader.exe as Admin, its not detecting my device..when I just open it normally it works fine. Do I have to set something for this to work as Admin?
    09-30-09 12:07 PM
    Hmm..No I didnt try doing that..how would I do that, right click on loader.exe?
    Double click and it will run.
    09-30-09 12:09 PM
    heres the issue I am faced with. When I go to Common Files and click on shared, I see the OS System there. But when I backtrack and go to Loader.exe, it doesnt show up as ready to be installed. And searching for it only works if I change the file type to ALL FILES...furthermore, opening Loader.exe as an Administrator as suggested doesnt detect my device...I dont know if I need to try and get a better download of 5.0 or if I need to do something with my pc or what...this is the only thing stopping me now, as Ive learned how to do everything else..Ive successfully wiped and reloaded the device
    09-30-09 12:14 PM
    heres the issue I am faced with. When I go to Common Files and click on shared, I see the OS System there. But when I backtrack and go to Loader.exe, it doesnt show up as ready to be installed. And searching for it only works if I change the file type to ALL FILES...furthermore, opening Loader.exe as an Administrator as suggested doesnt detect my device...I dont know if I need to try and get a better download of 5.0 or if I need to do something with my pc or what...this is the only thing stopping me now, as Ive learned how to do everything else..Ive successfully wiped and reloaded the device
    Okay, in the same folder as loader.exe you will find a file called vendor.xml. Did you delete that?

Also, before loading a new OS you need to delete the Old OS. Can you confirm that under Shared\Loader Files directory there is only one OS folder?
    09-30-09 12:18 PM
    yeah, in apploader I go all the way to the bottom, there is no Vendor file, and when I get to loader files the only file there is
    9500AllLang_vs5.0.216

when I click on it, it gives me two folders
    CDMA
    and Java
    and then below that are a bunch of AXL files
    although I do have one XML PkgDBCache?
    09-30-09 12:23 PM
    yeah, in apploader I go all the way to the bottom, there is no Vendor file, and when I get to loader files the only file there is
    9500AllLang_vs5.0.216

when I click on it, it gives me two folders
    CDMA
    and Java
    and then below that are a bunch of AXL files
    although I do have one XML PkgDBCache?
    That is required.

Now, if DM is open close it. Disconnect from Internet.

Double click on Loader.exe and see what happens.
    09-30-09 12:28 PM
830 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD