Gday crackberry im new here but have had my storm for about 3 months now and love it. Was just wondering if anyone else on here is from australia on vodafone and if they are running a leaked OS from this site im running .148 and would like to upgrade.

any help would be great

Cheers josh
    09-30-09 05:02 AM
    Agreed. Very flaky and unusable.
    IMO .230 is the best OS so far.

Mine never freezes, battery life is great, my signal strength is stable and stronger, GUI is slicker and faster etc.

It has become very apparent, no matter how illogical it sounds, that each Storm seems to have a personality of it's own. What can be great for one can be a nightmare for another.

I don't run any 3rd party appz or themes... maybe the real issues lie there.

The leaks for 5.0 have been terrible and those doing it ought to be ashamed for putting up half baked softwares ;(
    I am very grateful to the people that leak these firmwares. They don't gain anything from it other than the ability to lose their jobs. I hope comments like yours do not deter them from doing it in the future. Nobody is forcing you to try the leaks out.
    09-30-09 05:10 AM
    looking for help and this seems by far the best place. i was sh***ing this bird the other night and i ripped my.... im only kidding.....

Im using a 9500 and want to try out OS 5. Ive heard you all discussing BBsak to wipe the handset first? question 1... will this then turn my storm into a very good looking paper weight until i load a new os? and can you point me toward an idiots guide to doing this?

question 2 , can my apps and themes be stored on my pc for easy transfer back to storm after upgrade? again if so how please?

and question 3, in case os 5 does turn out to cause me problems, is there anyway I can 'ghost' my current set up so i can restore the whole thing back to how it is right now?

Thanks again in advance for your help and patience with questions im sure youve had 100 times already
    09-30-09 05:12 AM
    . i was sh***ing this bird the other night and i ripped my.... im only kidding.....
    Done that twice! It was a time stopping event I can tell ya!
    09-30-09 05:17 AM
    OK I had this problem and know how I fixed it.

Make sure in your security options that encryption is disabled on everything.

it took me about 7 reboots to come across this but once I had, the enterprise activation actually went through and everything works now....(apart from BBM5)

hope this works for you
    Tried but doesn't work when i do enterprise activation.
    09-30-09 06:15 AM
    IMO .230 is the best OS so far.

Mine never freezes, battery life is great, my signal strength is stable and stronger, GUI is slicker and faster etc.

It has become very apparent, no matter how illogical it sounds, that each Storm seems to have a personality of it's own. What can be great for one can be a nightmare for another.

I don't run any 3rd party appz or themes... maybe the real issues lie there.

I am very grateful to the people that leak these firmwares. They don't gain anything from it other than the ability to lose their jobs. I hope comments like yours do not deter them from doing it in the future. Nobody is forcing you to try the leaks out.
    Sorry man, did I irritate you coz you were behind this Good for nothing leaked software?
    09-30-09 06:19 AM
    Sorry man, did I irritate you coz you were behind this Good for nothing leaked software?
    Attique, this SW is an internal build which should not even come into our possession!

It's a choice you make in terms in installing a Beta!

PS: I guess nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to install it! I sense sour grapes
    09-30-09 06:25 AM
    looking for help and this seems by far the best place. i was sh***ing this bird the other night and i ripped my.... im only kidding.....

Im using a 9500 and want to try out OS 5. Ive heard you all discussing BBsak to wipe the handset first? question 1... will this then turn my storm into a very good looking paper weight until i load a new os? and can you point me toward an idiots guide to doing this?

question 2 , can my apps and themes be stored on my pc for easy transfer back to storm after upgrade? again if so how please?

and question 3, in case os 5 does turn out to cause me problems, is there anyway I can 'ghost' my current set up so i can restore the whole thing back to how it is right now?

Thanks again in advance for your help and patience with questions im sure youve had 100 times already
    1.) Do a backup with DM.
    2.) Download & Install BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife)
    3.) Download & Install OS 5.0.0.216 (Links are on this site)
    4.) On PC, Add/Remove programs, in list remove "RIM Internal tools (Something like that anyway)
    5. Goto C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App Loader and delete vendor.xml.
    6. Load up BBSAK and click Backup apps, then click, Wipe Device. (Be patient, sometimes looks like your phone is doing nothing, just let it do what it needs to.
    7. Load up DM, then App Loader, then Update Software. (Again, be patient)
    8. Spend time drooling over your Storm with a new lease of life.

This method worked for me and I have had no probs, but everyone is different I suppose. Install at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for anyone damaging their phone.

Enjoy

Seg
    Last edited by Seg2009; 09-30-09 at 06:45 AM.
    09-30-09 06:36 AM
    Attique, this SW is an internal build which should not even come into our possession!

It's a choice you make in terms in installing a Beta!

PS: I guess nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to install it! I sense sour grapes
    Why do people even bother responding to CLOWNS like Attique. Just ignore his comments and he will soon get bored and move on.
    09-30-09 06:38 AM
    Why do people even bother responding to CLOWNS like Attique. Just ignore his comments and he will soon get bored and move on.
    Just lost my cool! Lesson learnt "Never argue with an Id!0t. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
    09-30-09 06:46 AM
    Just lost my cool! Lesson learnt "Never argue with an Id!0t. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
    LMAO, easily done my friend. There will always be a numpty trying to cause trouble.
    09-30-09 06:47 AM
    Tried but doesn't work when i do enterprise activation.
    OK this might sound ridiculous but persevere! I tried installing and it rebooted endlessly then turned off encryption and the activation moved along but still rebooted (alot)...thing is after each reboot the activation status % moved UP....eventually after about 50% it stopped rebooting and completed...

so patience and keep going....yes it did take me 2 hours....havent got a clue why but it will get there....
    09-30-09 06:49 AM
    and to the rest of you flaming Attiq... give the guy a break...I had the same issue and it aint fun reading about everyone enjoying something and the frustration of not knowing why or how it aint working is a ***** plus why we have forums to ask questions \ help.

a "Im sorry, dont think I can help" isnt that difficult to write rather than abuse....(less words to type)
    09-30-09 06:51 AM
    Guys, I've just installed 216 and am having a problem with the browser. Apologies if this has been covered previously, but instead of rendering a webpage, the screen stays white whilst appearing to download (ie loading data).

Is there a fix for this?
    09-30-09 06:57 AM
    OK this might sound ridiculous but persevere! I tried installing and it rebooted endlessly then turned off encryption and the activation moved along but still rebooted (alot)...thing is after each reboot the activation status % moved UP....eventually after about 50% it stopped rebooting and completed...

so patience and keep going....yes it did take me 2 hours....havent got a clue why but it will get there....
    You guys just can't accept something that......its a bad leak and doesn't work. Keeps rebooting.....so please stop trying to kill the messenger and work on a better software. Everyone knows that random rebooting is a big issue in all 5.0 versions leaked so far. So for all the arrogant idiots touting a sub-standard leaked software...Stop kidding yourself and others
    09-30-09 06:57 AM
    mcfly27, I think you need to read up a few posts to see why I made comments like I did. You are right about forums being the place to ask questions, but when certain people come on moaning about some Leaked Os's not being what people want them to be and why people release them when they could lose their jobs is ridiculous. If people don't like leaked OS's then don't install them, Simples.
    09-30-09 06:59 AM
    Guys, I've just installed 216 and am having a problem with the browser. Apologies if this has been covered previously, but instead of rendering a webpage, the screen stays white whilst appearing to download (ie loading data).

Is there a fix for this?
    Maybe check your signal strength, mine is slightly lower with this build.
    09-30-09 07:00 AM
    You guys just can't accept something that......its a bad leak and doesn't work. Keeps rebooting.....so please stop trying to kill the messenger and work on a better software. Everyone knows that random rebooting is a big issue in all 5.0 versions leaked so far. So for all the arrogant idiots touting a sub-standard leaked software...Stop kidding yourself and others
    OK thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. It IS beta and so if you dont want it then fine.
    09-30-09 07:03 AM
    Well I am really sorry you feel like that. I personally haven't had 1 reboot, only niggle for me is ever so slightly lower signal strength, but I can live with that. Thanx Attiqmalik, come again m8.
    It's been mentioned before and I think it's widely known that the same OS affects different phones differently. Exactly why I guess no one knows. .216 has been very good for me. It's quite a smooth OS without lockups or reboots. Can't comment on memory and battery life yet but so far it's definitely a keeper for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's been mentioned before and I think it's widely known that the same OS affects different phones differently. Exactly why I guess no one knows. .216 has been very good for me. It's quite a smooth OS without lockups or reboots. Can't comment on memory and battery life yet but so far it's definitely a keeper for me.

Here, here. Me too.
    09-30-09 07:06 AM
    Maybe check your signal strength, mine is slightly lower with this build.
    Signal strength is full. Not having problems with data apps, only browser.

The blue bar at the bottom of the screen shows it downloading, yet when it's done it just shows a completely white screen with a navigation pane down the right hand side.
    09-30-09 07:07 AM
    Signal strength is full. Not having problems with data apps, only browser.

The blue bar at the bottom of the screen shows it downloading, yet when it's done it just shows a completely white screen with a navigation pane down the right hand side.
    Sorry Matheos, this is new on me. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge might know.
    09-30-09 07:09 AM
    Here, here. Me too.
    Yes it's interesting how some expect beta OS' are expected to run 100% and whinge and whine when it doesn't. Even official OS' have their issues. I just love BB's

09-30-09 07:09 AM
    the smoother os i have ever installed. having no problems at all, no reboots, no browser issues...
    only battery life is a little shorter, but nothing that would make me downgrade..

only quickpull isn't working
    09-30-09 07:10 AM
830 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD