are any of you getting the message that your bb is not supported by the mobile site? I cant download FB and also I dont have the browser anywhere to be seen, only way of getting browser is by opening up a link from an email. could somebody please help me.
    Have you tried registering the network? Or has it registered already?

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BB button > Register Now
    09-28-09 05:08 AM
    Morning all, I'm new to Crackberry but loving it. After many many hours of trying to get DM 5.0 to detect the new OS I decided to downgrade to DM 4.7, I then re-intalled .216 on my pc and it detected it perfectly. It loaded with no problems at all. Facebook, BBM 4.7, Voda Find & Go, Google Maps, Blackberry Maps, WLM & Vodafone Music all work fine. The only thing I've found that doesn't work is the Application Center but I can live without that.
    09-28-09 05:14 AM
    So far so good. Sounds are as reported LOUD even at low volume setting.

Apps tested and working are :
    Facebook,
    Viigo,
    BBSMart Alarms Pro,
    Swipelock,
    BerryBuzz.
    Nintaii
    Opera 5 Beta
    Camera and Video camera (never noticed the blinking light while recording but seldom use the video mode)

Apps not working that I am going to re-install :
    Quickpull

Sometimes I get a screen rendering issue when opening my messages screen, flipping the orientation of the device sorts it out.

Love some of the new features like Apps being split into categories now, flick scrolling and FINALLY setting a profile with Bedside mode!

Will report more as things happen (or lack of it)
    09-28-09 05:38 AM
    Morning all, I'm new to Crackberry but loving it.....

....I then re-intalled .216 on my pc and it detected it perfectly.
    Excellent Richy, welcome to Crackberry!
    09-28-09 05:39 AM
    I've tried but when i used loader.exe it only pulls up apps that i had before and not the 5.0 device software
    have you deleted the vendor.xml file under my computer>C:drive>programme files>common files>research in motion>app loader

It should be at the bottom in that file
    09-28-09 05:44 AM
    My BIS connection is off an on ever since i upgraded this morning. Really annoying.
    09-28-09 05:54 AM
    are any of you getting the message that your bb is not supported by the mobile site? I cant download FB and also I dont have the browser anywhere to be seen, only way of getting browser is by opening up a link from an email. could somebody please help me.
    I am having the same issue. Although am not getting any error, I just cant see the browser icon. Only wap is there. I called up the help line, they sent me new service books but nothing. The only way to go into the browser is by opening up the blackberry Help app, usually in the download area. This takes you to the blackberry homepage and is a proper browser not a wap one.
    So why is there no browser icon to be found ? Is it because the service books are not yet supporting this 5.0.0.216 firmware ?
    09-28-09 05:55 AM
    hi,

since yesterday i�m on .216 an everything seems to be fine... i only couldnt find the search-function in the media menu. is there a file-explorer somwhere else?
    09-28-09 05:59 AM
    I installed the new OS this morning and have no problems so far.
    QuickPull is not working also after I deleted it and re-installation. So a normal battery pull has to be used ;-)
    The only thing I am missing is the MediaCenter. I only have Icons for pictures, videos and voicenotes seperately. Unfortunately there is no icon for music. I can only go to my music files via the VodafoneMusic application. Anybody the same problem.
    Last edited by Bennyo_DT; 09-28-09 at 06:08 AM.
    09-28-09 06:01 AM
    Hi all,

has somebody tested BerryWheater with this OS ?
    09-28-09 06:06 AM
    hi,

since yesterday i�m on .216 an everything seems to be fine... i only couldnt find the search-function in the media menu. is there a file-explorer somwhere else?
    yes there is an app named Files in the Applications folder which is a file browser.
    09-28-09 06:09 AM
    I installed the new OS this morning and have no problems so far.
    QuickPull is not working also after I deleted it and re-installation. So a normal battery pull has to be used ;-)
    The only thing I am missing is the MediaCenter. I only have Icons for pictures, videos and voicenotes seperately. Unfortunately there is no icon for music. I can only go to my music files via the VodafoneMusic application. Anybody the same problem.
    Do a show all and search all folders.
    09-28-09 06:21 AM
    For me it was in the Home folder and I just moved it to the Media folder as I prefer it there.
    09-28-09 06:42 AM
    Max I had done that registration before and still getting the same message.
    09-28-09 06:45 AM
    For me it was in the Home folder and I just moved it to the Media folder as I prefer it there.
    I found the music icon under the hidden ones. but I can not trace back the icon which was called mediacenter I think. you were abel to get all in one by hitting it. showing then music, video, pictures...and so on.

I should have mentioned before that I am running the elleclassic theme ;-) Going to the original Zen Theme is solving the problem. But I am addicted to the elle theme because of its clear home screen, so I will stick to it. Seems to be a problem of the theme not showing the media folder.
    Last edited by Bennyo_DT; 09-28-09 at 07:18 AM.
    09-28-09 06:49 AM
    that's enough for me not to install it. guess i'll have to wait a while longer.
    SocialScope started working for me.
    09-28-09 06:54 AM
    Hi guys,

Been running this OS since about 10.30am and overall I think it's a big improvement over .173 apart from my BIS connection is completely unstable, it drops out all the time which is pretty annoying when trying to browse/use app world etc.

I noticed a few posts mentioning a BIS server upgrade in Europe that might be affecting this, can anyone shed any light on whether this is the case or it's merely the OS?
    09-28-09 06:55 AM
    hi,

Just click the media button then the Blackberry Button. There should be an option to 'Explore'

Or go to 'All Songs' and there should be a search bar at the top of the screen.
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 09-28-09 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added information on searching.
    09-28-09 07:01 AM
    One thing I've found is that all the items like facebook are missing on mine and also where the browser used to be there is nothing there. Not only that the blackberry page is saying that my browser configuration is not correct and it won't work if I use the vodafone browser. How do I get my facebook and browser icon back and working properly?
    09-28-09 07:08 AM
    I should have mentioned before that I am running the elleclassic theme ;-) Going to the original Zen Theme is solving the problem. But I am addicted to the elle theme because its clear home screen, so I will stick to it. Seems to be a problem of the theme not showing the media folder.
    Personally I think all themes would have to be reworked due to all the new options built into the OS (Like the today theme option that you can flick on and off now), so I reckon you would have to hold out a bit until they become available for OS 5
    09-28-09 07:17 AM
    I'm still waiting for more comments is is worth loading or not...

But why we dont have .230 build for 9500?
    There is a .230 build. If you do a search it shows up under blackberryos.com (I think). it's a little different to install but I have it on mine
    09-28-09 07:20 AM
    There is a .230 build. If you do a search it shows up under blackberryos.com (I think). it's a little different to install but I have it on mine
    You have 9530 not a 9500 different phones.

How is the battery life for everyone.
    After full day it is horrible for me I am out of juice where as before on 164 I would get a full day and not even be half way down.
    09-28-09 07:29 AM
    Is everyone getting text messages ok? There only showin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 07:46 AM
    You have 9530 not a 9500 different phones.

How is the battery life for everyone.
    After full day it is horrible for me I am out of juice where as before on 164 I would get a full day and not even be half way down.
    battery life is poor!
    09-28-09 08:13 AM
    Is everyone getting text messages ok? There only showin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My texts are coming through fine.

Sometimes have an issue where the screen screws up when opening a message for a split second. Also in the messages they always open up half way through the conversation instead of at your last message.
    09-28-09 08:15 AM
830 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD