I've been sporting base OS 5.0.0.419 since its release in December.

My download is 9530AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel674_PL4.2.0.179_A5.0.0.419_MT S_Mobility.exe but I've noticed a Bell version 9530AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel808_PL4.2.0.179_A5.0.0.419_Be ll_Mobility_Inc.exe

MTS is Package Version 674 whereas the Bell release is Package Version 808

Is there a difference between the two? If so, what and why?

07-07-10 09:11 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 09:19 AM

Thank you for your brilliant observation. It's such insight as yours that keeps me coming back to this forum.

07-07-10 09:23 AM

There's a smart @$$ in every crowd.
    07-07-10 09:25 AM
    Thank you for your brilliant observation. It's such insight as yours that keeps me coming back to this forum.

Hmmm. I did it in a spirit of fun and humor, and you immediately jumped to "mad".

Ok.

07-07-10 09:26 AM

Is there a difference between the two? If so, what and why?

I didn't know there was two version. This makes 2 people curious about this.
    07-07-10 09:26 AM
    Hmmm. I did it in a spirit of fun and humor, and you immediately jumped to "mad".

Ok.

Don't take it personally.

The moment I posted my question I wondered how soon it would be for someone to respond with "134." You just happened to be the first.

Call it "luck of the draw." I would have replied the same to anyone else.

-
    07-07-10 09:49 AM
    There is no difference in the overall OS (i.e. SFI file and Java files). The release from Bell is tagged with a higher version because the bundled apps like BBM and DocsToGo were of a higher version...
    07-07-10 10:24 AM
    There is no difference in the overall OS (i.e. SFI file and Java files). The release from Bell is tagged with a higher version because the bundled apps like BBM and DocsToGo were of a higher version...
    Good answer. Thanks!

07-07-10 12:54 PM
    Sometimes the SFI file is a larger or smaller size, depending upon build number (even if the Java version # is the same). I always go with the higher build number, just in case RIM threw a little 'last minute' fix into it. Verizon's 1st 9630 ver 5.0 update (I believe it was .591?) was actually officially released twice, and my wife ran both on her Tour, the second was a significantly smoother (and better battery life) OS.

Not to step on Civic's toes, just my experience with different build numbers.
    07-07-10 11:24 PM
    Sometimes the SFI file is a larger or smaller size, depending upon build number (even if the Java version # is the same). I always go with the higher build number, just in case RIM threw a little 'last minute' fix into it. Verizon's 1st 9630 ver 5.0 update (I believe it was .591?) was actually officially released twice, and my wife ran both on her Tour, the second was a significantly smoother (and better battery life) OS.

Not to step on Civic's toes, just my experience with different build numbers.
    If the SFI changes, the PL (Platform) number changes. If the Java apps change, the A (App) number changes. If none of those change, but some non-RIM apps get updated and bundled in, then the Release or build number changes. This is what I've seen.
    07-08-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD