Alright, I have tried several times to get the .85 version of the OS installed on my storm and have failed each attempt. When I installed .83, it went right in without an issue. Rolled it back to .75. Now I would like to try .85� I followed the instructions step-by-step, and neither the device nor the desktop manager picks it up, just will not find the upgrade. Is there anyone else having this problem? I wiped the handheld, tried with internet connection disconnected, uninstall, reinstall and nothing�

I support these things all day and have been a BB user for the last 4 years so I am not a newbie by any means� Any suggestions?
    01-02-09 08:38 PM
    Disregard.. I downloaded the file from a different location and it installed on the first try�
    01-02-09 09:43 PM
    its official!?!?!?!
    01-02-09 09:48 PM
    No this is not official it is a leak. the official version is .75 at this point from Verizon.
    01-02-09 10:01 PM
    Hi all,
    First off I have to say that I love the site and the vast amount of information that is at everyone's fingertips. Been almost non stop reading and browsing since I got my Storm (1st BB) 2 weeks ago.

Installed .85 Wednesday afternoon and have been "playing" with it almost non stop. I had the Media card/Verizon splash issue, but a few battery pulls and all has been fine since with no lock ups or freezes.

My browser seems incredibly faster, and accelerometer seems quicker and doesn't seem to start lagging on memory drop as it did in .75 . Apps seem to load a bit quicker, and never seems to lag in switching. Very happy for the most part...

On the "down" side I am seeing that App memory seems to drop like a rock compared to . 75 . After battery pull/soft reset I am consistently running at 49.9 MB and seems to always drop to mid/low 20's by afternoon with average use. I run BB messenger, Facebook (intermitently), Aim (intermitently), moderate internet, text, and phone. When running .75 I never started higher than 42 MB, but also never dropped below 34 MB by the end of the day.

Second issue I have noticed starting today is more of a concern to me.... I am noticing about 1/3 of my emails are not being pushed to my BB. I noticed several seemed to be missing when I hit my PC, so I sent some emails for wallpapers and all would hit my PC, but only received 1/3 on my BB.

Anyone else seeing these issues?
    01-02-09 10:59 PM
    One problem I've noticed is that I've had a few SMS and MMS not make it to the target. I've had to resend them to get them to go. In one case it was SMS Verizon to Verizon and the little D didn't show up. In another case it is was five MMS sent Verizon to Verizon one after another. None of them made it. I had two other incidences with SMS sent to non-Verizon not making it there. In 2 1/2 years with a Palm 700P I never had a SMS or MMS not go through.

Based on what I just read, I guess I better go back and check my Google account and see if I got all the emails.

My second load of .85 was done after a wipe. Like many here, I've had the Media card/Verizon splash issue. I've usually had to do two battery pulls in a row. The next time it happens I've going to pull the microSD and the battery, then put the battery in first.
    01-03-09 12:23 AM
    I just downloaded and added .85 and now i am reverting back to .75. I will wait for the official release to come out. Since I added .85 I have had nothing but problems.

When i would press the bby button once and quickly the change application screen came on (the one that should come on after you hold down the bby button).

when i type random letters are being capitalized all throughout the words.

I was already having a lil trouble typing on the Storm due to my nails but now it's even more difficult.

My screen has frozen about 4 times now and i've only had .85 on the phone for about 30 minutes.

The media card error came up as well.

I can wait for the official release.
    01-03-09 12:41 AM
    When i would press the bby button once and quickly the change application screen came on (the one that should come on after you hold down the bby button).

Sounds like your tap interval is set to fast. options/screen-keyboard
    Last edited by blsmith1; 01-03-09 at 01:01 AM.
    01-03-09 12:58 AM

I was already having a lil trouble typing on the Storm due to my nails but now it's even more difficult.
    I think the issue with the random capital letters is that you're holding the screen down too long. If you don't just click and let go the Storm will capitalize the letter for you.

You also might want to adjust tap interval setting in options>screen/keyboard>tap interval

Hope this helps
    01-03-09 01:10 AM
    Been running .85 for a couple of days now...no crashes...no resets...everything better...vz navigator faster....did not wipe .75 before installing...installed perfectly first time...enterprise activation started immediately...completed in 1/2 hour....ALL GOOD
    01-03-09 08:36 AM
    i currently have .75 and have everything ready to install and upgrade to .85 however im concerned about actually doing it. i dont want to mess my phone up. is it really worth the risk of going to .85 or should i stay with .75???
    01-03-09 09:37 AM
    i currently have .75 and have everything ready to install and upgrade to .85 however im concerned about actually doing it. i dont want to mess my phone up. is it really worth the risk of going to .85 or should i stay with .75???
    I think its highly unlikely you will do anything to it that can't be reversed and in the event something DID happen, people here would help you fix it. But if you're really that worried, there is a rumor that a new VZW OS update might be coming in the next few days and you can just wait til then. No one knows when it is coming, though.
    01-03-09 10:16 AM
    i can not load the cd or the online version of the 4.7 for the desk top manager... can anyone help
    01-03-09 11:08 AM
    can anyone tell me how i download movies onto my storm 9500. i am having problems with downloading the CD that came with the phone. I have tried to download the software from the blackberry website and still not solution... i keep getting error code after 3 mins of initial downloading... it is driving me nuts , as i can ot seem to find a solution.
    01-03-09 11:14 AM
    My .85 is perfect
    01-03-09 11:32 AM
    Downloaded and installed .85 yesterday. Last night I plugged the BB into my usb outlet for a charge. This morning woke up to find my BB completely dead (no power) but, the USB Cable was still plugged in. I had to take it off the USB and put on a full AC charge for it to power back up. Anyone else experience this? Is this the Battery drain that people are talking about?
    01-03-09 12:12 PM
    Loading Videos.

Check out this thread for help. It worked great for me and I know nothing about tech!
    forums.crackberry.com/f86/blackberry-storm-video-conversion-howto-99653/
    01-03-09 12:17 PM
    I have had .75 with which I experienced no particular difficulty or complaints.

I decided to give .85 a try. I downloaded it from one of the sites and installed it but when I go to "Application Loader" on the DM then "Update Software" (I click "Start") and it would only show .75 (Current) and .65.

What's more bizarre is (at least to me) is that when I go to Help --> About Desktop Manager --> and "Device Software" I see "v.4.7.0.85 (Platform 4.0.0.107)."

I've tried it 3-4 times this morning and still no luck getting the .85 on my device.

Hmm... help!

Thanks in advance!
    what did you use to download the update?? try moving the update to your desktop and just running it w.o. Dm, just double click the update on ur desktop
    01-03-09 01:25 PM
    I had no problems the first few days after getting .85.. but then it started acting weird.. I even got an error or two, one was something like "App error 523".. i had to reboot. It started slowing down big time, and even after cleaning out memory 3 times a day 3 different ways, it still ran slow. I realized I have upgraded about 3-4 times now, and havent done a wipe. So I backed up everything, and did a wipe, then did a fresh install of .85. It seemed to work again better.. but one issue I am noticing in .85 that I seemed to notice being fixed in .83 was the text message ringer issue. Now with the .85 its acting like every version before .83 where it doesn't play the assigned default ringer when I get a text message. And just a few minutes ago, I got a text from my bank showing my balance notification which has instead of playing the default ringer, played a unique ringer that I have set only for my g/f. What gives with that?

As far as beta testers or what not here on these boards for RIM, I imagine you would already know about this, but as I said it SEEMED to be fixed that it played the right one the whole time I had .83 for a couple weeks, but here with .85 its back to screwing that up again. I would def hope this is addressed to RIM as what I am guessing a bug that snuck back into the new version.. its been doing it ever since I went to the .85, wiped and reinstalled a fresh .85, since its first day release
    Last edited by dpiffy; 01-03-09 at 09:55 PM.
    01-03-09 01:58 PM
    I'm having a problem with the .85 upgrade. The screen on my 9530 won't shut off when out of the holster. Any one having the same problem?
    01-03-09 02:06 PM
    Strange. Audio in videos steamed fine via bluetooth before I upgraded to .85... Ah well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 02:46 PM
    Strange. Audio in videos steamed fine via bluetooth before I upgraded to .85... Ah well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    its been noted that after .76, audio via bluetooth doesn't work with video
    01-03-09 03:04 PM
    I have had all the updates since my storm was new... the other updates were better and better. Then I installed .85. It was fine for a while then: awful battery drain caused by screen never blacking out. Just now I have pulled the battery 3 times. Each time it crashed when it displays "media card inserted". Then the Verizon "black screen of death". I need an update, bad.
    01-03-09 03:28 PM
    I am a first time blackberry owner & have had the Storm for about 3 weeks now. I have had a few issues with it & so have spent the day reading here on CrackBerry.com to try & learn.
    So first, off, I hope that I have chosen the correct area to ask my question in.
    I've read about the .85 OS upgrade & that it is not official yet, since I am not sure of what I'm doing yet with my BB, can I assume that if I continue to update my software through the Verizon network that .85 will eventually be installed on my phone? Not sure I want to attempt this myself.
    My main issues are the screen freezing during video taping, long picture taking times, taking awhile to change from portrait to landscape, & then occasional freezing with muliple screens showing (I woke up & took it out of the holster this morning & there were 3 or 4 partial screens frozen).
    Thank you in advance.
    01-03-09 04:19 PM
    at this point, we're unsure whether or not .85 will be released via Verizon...

from the looks of it, .85 will not be released from Verizon
    01-03-09 04:23 PM
1,881 ... 6768697071 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD