ok, got .85 to load on to my phone. took forever for the phone to reboot though thanks again
    awesome...
    12-29-08 05:35 PM
    Well I downloaded and installed. Everything seems to be working. The camera seems much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 05:54 PM
    Installed it today. Everything seems to be working just fine. Didn't wipe before install either. Did 2 others at work too. No problems. Camera is much faster.
    12-29-08 06:04 PM
    ok, got .85 to load on to my phone. took forever for the phone to reboot though thanks again

What was the fix?
    12-29-08 06:04 PM
    Every since I loaded .85 on my Storm the Application Memory is gradually decreasing. Like others have said already, I close my apps when I am done and I don't have many apps installed either. So far my Storm has been running for about 39 hours without reboot and my Application Memory went from 44 something to 29.9MB. Any ideas?

Last edited by abcvvc; 12-29-08 at 06:42 PM.
    12-29-08 06:11 PM
    Every since I loaded .85 on my Storm the Application Memory is gradually decreasing. Like others have said already, I close my apps when I am done and I don't have many apps installed either. So far my Storm has been running for about 39 hours without reboot and my Application Memory went from 44 something to 29.9MB. Any ideas?

on going issue...waiting for it to be addressed in a future update
    44 to 29 in 39 hrs is better than most ppl
    12-29-08 06:16 PM
    What was the fix?
    deleted the vendor.xml. read somewhere on here that it was necessary. As for the long reboot, it just took forever
    12-29-08 06:35 PM
    not necessary to delete with Verizon, but it won't hurt either.
    12-29-08 06:41 PM
    Im super bummed. Throw me in the 1/3 major problems category. I had to go from .83 to .75 because of major problems, and i just went back to .75 from .85 for the same issues. sucks.. i loved everything about .85 except the crashing, freezing, halfscreen camera, halfscreen homescreen, and media card/ verizon screen of death.
    12-29-08 07:05 PM
    same problems crbogart
    12-29-08 07:09 PM
    if verizon releases .85 officially, is it in theory the same exact thing we downloaded already? or would it be better? maybe a stupid question..
    12-29-08 07:14 PM
    I normally don't do leaked updates but this one was just too tempting. Well, it has been running on my device for about an hour and I can feel the difference in the speed switching between apps/screens. Camera is finally usable. Loving it.

Sorry for those seeing issues. I suspect its something on your device, not the software.
    12-29-08 07:15 PM
    digdah, hopefully your right.. and not to ruin your good mood... but i downloaded mine saturday morning. it ran 8 hours perfectly beforea hint of anything wrong.. then it took 4 battery pulls to fix the verizon screen of death.. and all day yesterday was ok until it froze again, this time causing split screen home screens and camera views as well as split screen apps.. i had to downgrade..
    12-29-08 07:18 PM
    Installed the update last night. So far the only glitch I've come across is when hitting the back button while on the internet it shuts it down instead of going back a page. Its not every time but every so often. Anybody else encounter this issue?
    12-29-08 07:28 PM
    I've noticed if you happen to get stuck on the VZW screen, that if you call your Storm from another phone, it pushes it past the VZW screen and lets the device finish booting up. Not a solution, but it's faster than having to pull the battery again.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but is anyone else having trouble with managing connections on .85? Right now I can't disable my Mobile Network connection and I can't enable my Bluetooth connection. When I try and disable mobile it un-checks the box but doesn't disable the radio, when I go back in and look at them again it's been re-checked. When I try to enable Bluetooth the symbol shows up and the box gets checked, however the radio never turns on (since I can't see the device even though it's discoverable, and I can't find my headset which is in discoverable mode) and the LED never flashes blue. When I try to search for a device on the BB it just says "unable to start inquiry". Battery pull looks to have resolved it for now, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JjcampNR; 12-29-08 at 07:37 PM.
    12-29-08 07:29 PM
    so what is going on with my battery life after this update? half life left after 4 hours from full charge 4 calls (short) and texting.
    12-29-08 07:31 PM
    deleted the vendor.xml. read somewhere on here that it was necessary. As for the long reboot, it just took forever
    Newbie here. First post. Love the site. Everyone is very helpful. Thanks.

I had to delete the vendor.xml file in order for the update to take place which so far so good with the update. My question is if you delete this file what happens? Is this bad? When does the vendor.xml file get created back in the apploader folder?
    12-29-08 07:36 PM
    i wiped and installed .85. its okay but i already got a 523 error. i bet you a buffalo nickel its weatherbug. I was on the phone across the 30 minute window it updates. when i got off the phone, it went to update and bam - 523 error.

.75 didnt have this problem, so i am seriously thinking about going back.
    12-29-08 07:38 PM
    heres an incredibly stupid question... i downgraded from .85 back to .75 because of errors. if i go to my dm and instal it again is there anyway possible of that fixing anything on its own.. are there settings i need to use for .85 that might reduce the freezing, and the crashing? i know.. im an ***
    12-29-08 07:42 PM
    uninstalled every 3rd party app. and still got the error then the VZW screen. well back to .75 for me.

.65> .75>.83>.75>.85>.75
    12-29-08 07:48 PM
    did you try a wipe and reload?
    12-29-08 07:51 PM
    Got .85 installed last nite from .75. Landscape/Portrait lag seems to reduce after upgrade. Things seem to run faster than before. No freezes until I watched a Youtube clip and played WordMole. Things was crawling. Memory available was at 31 MB. So I did a battery pull, things are normal - memory available was at 44 MB after reboot. Overall, I would prefer .85 even if I have to do some rebooting. Hopefully, the official version will fix more glitches. Happy with mine. Had it since Dec 24th.
    12-29-08 07:51 PM
    heres an incredibly stupid question... i downgraded from .85 back to .75 because of errors. if i go to my dm and instal it again is there anyway possible of that fixing anything on its own.. are there settings i need to use for .85 that might reduce the freezing, and the crashing? i know.. im an ***
    set your mobile network to 1XEV
    12-29-08 07:52 PM
    already on 1xev thanks don. im guessing this device i have isnt going to work with .85 which sucks
    12-29-08 08:01 PM
    1xev is different from 1XEV
    12-29-08 08:03 PM
1,881 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD