other than memory cleaning, and closing apps i guess i dont know how to check?
    12-29-08 02:22 PM
    other than memory cleaning, and closing apps i guess i dont know how to check?
    hold down BB key for 2 sec. and will list them. 5 always stay open

phone, browser, home, messages, bb messenger

6 if you have talk lock
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-29-08 at 02:27 PM.
    12-29-08 02:25 PM
    third party apps i have installed are AP news. mlb shortcut. espn. and cnbc. thats all. and i had those with .75 and had no problems at all besides the lag thats been fixed with .85
    12-29-08 02:26 PM
    UPDATE5:

* LED was set to off (Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED coverage Indicator). Set it to on and LED is working as expected.
    * The screen dims/brightens based on lighting. I noticed it last night while sitting in the car. The screen was dim, then I turned on the interior light of my car and the screen brightened up. Very cool and possibly a power saver. This might have been in earlier builds, but I didn't notice it until .85
    * Windows Media Player (WMP) loses all saved settings (via MTP) when I do OS updates. I use WMP to sync my music/podcasts everyday. With each OS update, WMP loses the device details and I have to set it back up, then set up my sync preferences. It typically loses my previously synced history too and will duplicate synced songs. It's not the end of the world, but I wish there was a way to retain the sync settings in WMP when an OS is updated.
    12-29-08 02:29 PM
    phone. messages, bb mess, home, and web are on that list. nothing else.. i had these apps saturday when i downloaded .85 and nothing changed since then . ive actually used the phone less than i did all weekend and the battery is almost dead now. should i just go back to .75 and wait for an official release hoping the bugs are out? i love the speed of .85. this sucks.. haha
    12-29-08 02:29 PM
    phone. messages, bb mess, home, and web are on that list. nothing else.. i had these apps saturday when i downloaded .85 and nothing changed since then . ive actually used the phone less than i did all weekend and the battery is almost dead now. should i just go back to .75 and wait for an official release hoping the bugs are out? i love the speed of .85. this sucks.. haha
    .75 is always an option...or you can hold off a day or two and see if that does the trick. some have said it gets better over the first 24 to 48 hrs
    12-29-08 02:32 PM
    Thanks i appreciate the help. any idea on why voicenotes dont save to the phone but are viewable when the memory card goes into a pc. this has been the case for me with .83 and .85
    12-29-08 02:34 PM
    UPDATE5:* The screen dims/brightens based on lighting. I noticed it last night while sitting in the car. The screen was dim, then I turned on the interior light of my car and the screen brightened up.
    you can also set it based on your preference.
    i have mine on 10 instead of 100 and the auto dim off.
    this (to me) is plenty bright. i found the contant dimming annoying. try it out if you want.

under options>keyboard>set auto dim backlight to off...and backlight brightness from 10>100
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-29-08 at 02:45 PM.
    12-29-08 02:38 PM
    Thanks i appreciate the help. any idea on why voicenotes dont save to the phone but are viewable when the memory card goes into a pc. this has been the case for me with .83 and .85
    here it is:voice notes workaround
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-29-08 at 02:42 PM.
    12-29-08 02:39 PM
    Thanks again. i thought i was pretty good at using blackberrys since ive had them for the last 4 years. guess i was wrong. anyone have any ideas on where to get new apps for the storm. like a mobile stock ticker. or new games?
    12-29-08 02:49 PM
    Thanks again. i thought i was pretty good at using blackberrys since ive had them for the last 4 years. guess i was wrong. anyone have any ideas on where to get new apps for the storm. like a mobile stock ticker. or new games?
    Try the 3rd party apps threads, tons of neat stuff there

try viigo...people have raved about it...and i believe it has stocks, weather etc
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-29-08 at 03:04 PM.
    12-29-08 02:57 PM
    yeah i load viigo, then take it off, then load it again. it crawls, and its definately super buggy on the storm from what i saw. would the newer os make viigo any better? or is that completely unrelated?
    12-29-08 03:01 PM
    Anyone else having trouble with the camera in .85? After I take a picture the bar on the bottom spazzes out and blinks.

Also I find myself unable to take videos when fully zoomed in without the screen freezing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 03:03 PM
    yeah i load viigo, then take it off, then load it again. it crawls, and its definately super buggy on the storm from what i saw. would the newer os make viigo any better? or is that completely unrelated?
    not sure if related...

but i will tell you, that i had major freezes with WBug on .85 until i switched to 1XEV...now its very smooth
    since they both update through the same connection, try switching that

its under options>mobile network>network tech.
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-29-08 at 03:08 PM.
    12-29-08 03:06 PM
    Anyone else having trouble with the camera in .85? After I take a picture the bar on the bottom spazzes out and blinks.

Also I find myself unable to take videos when fully zoomed in without the screen freezing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i haven't used it much...but from what little use, it takes up to 5 sec to take picture.
    12-29-08 03:07 PM
    Camera is faster on .85 then .75 but could be improved and be faster IMO.
    12-29-08 03:27 PM
    Can't answer BT headset after "upgrading" to .85. I can make calls but not answer them...

RATS!!!
    I upgraded from .75 to .85 on Saturday and have no problems with my BT headset (Plantronics Discovery 925). Have you tried deleting your headset from the Bluetooth device list and re-pairing?
    12-29-08 03:27 PM
    I haven't updated yet (it has taken about an hour to download the new version) But I just noticed an error saying "Sim Card Rejected" on my screen. Anyone know what this is all about and if it will go away when I update?

Thanks
    12-29-08 03:29 PM
    Just turn your mobile network from Global to 1XEV and that should go away. Or call VZW Global support and register your SIM card.
    12-29-08 03:30 PM
    My Storm is WITHOUT A DOUBT SLOWER with .85

.83 was better.
    12-29-08 03:46 PM
    What am I doing wrong? I download the leak, install it, and run DM, but its not seeing .85 as being available?
    12-29-08 03:55 PM
    Make sure you take your internet off and then plug your BB in with DM open.
    12-29-08 04:02 PM
    There was some improvement in Viigo's function on the .83 OS, but I still took it off because it seemed to slow the whole phone. It tends to take up a lot of memory even if you don't have it run in the background...once you open it the memory gets eaten up. I have not installed the .85 OS yet so I cannot comment on that.

Sucks because I love Viigo...the ray of light is that Viigo's current Storm build is in it's Alpha stage so there is room for serious improvement.
    12-29-08 04:12 PM
    somebody ran a poll and it was a weird split.
    1/3 had no prob, 1/3 had major prob, and 1/3 had little prob.
    I've been running .85 for 48 hrs now, and I'm in the no problem group. Go figure.
    12-29-08 04:13 PM
    Since I updated to .85, my storm no longer goes to sleep when I put it in the holster. The only change that has happened other than
    upgrading, my holster got slightly wet, when ice skating, but my storm wasn't in it at the time. Anyone else notice this?
    12-29-08 04:14 PM
1,881 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD