I know you guys dont wanta hear about this anymore but i need help and searched all threads for info but cant find it. I finally got .85 listed in the updates available in my DM. Great right?!?! NOT! I check the box for it and go hit next and then comes up nothing available. Need help please.
    12-28-08 03:20 PM
    If you download .83 can you go back to .75 if you want to?
    12-28-08 03:20 PM
    Speed...

You can. The easiest way I found was to remove the .83 app from your PC (through add/remove programs) then go through BB website and check for updates and it will ask you to downgrade to .75. Follow the prompts from there. I did it that way and it worked fine. These guys on here are great though and they may know an easier way.
    12-28-08 03:25 PM
    this might be a really stupid question.. but i lost my sync cable.. so is there anyway i can put the OS update on my miniSD card and do the update over the air?
    12-28-08 03:29 PM
    After having downloaded and installing os .85, I am somewhat disappointed but relieved that I am able to go back to .76. Same issues as a lot of others, but the main issue for me b/c I am in my car a lot and talk even more, is that teh voice dialing doesn't respond and the voice notes don't work either. It seems there are different issues with every user,so I guess waiting for the official release might be for the best. Also, after having reloaded the .76 version,the phone seems to be working better than ever.
    If you have youtube running then voice dialing doesnt work ...hope that helps
    12-28-08 03:29 PM
    Its.
    When you fast foward movies the slide bar does not move this was the same as .83
    Its also an issue with mp3s. Mp3s longer than 40 mins restart if you try to FF past the 49 min mark. Not good for podcasts and not good for a media device. It was like this in .83 too
    12-28-08 03:52 PM
    Does anybody, once a leaked OS becomes official, DL the official version from VZW, even though it may be the same exact version number or just stay with the leaked version?
    12-28-08 04:03 PM
    i want to do this as my first upgrade where/how do i do it? Do i use the link and then plug in the usb cable or do i copy and paste the link to my phone browser
    12-28-08 04:27 PM
    Works really well for me. Couldn't be happier with this upgrade...
    12-28-08 04:40 PM
    Works really well for me. Couldn't be happier with this upgrade...

I agree! This has been a very solid update and everything is working well once I did a battery pull.
    12-28-08 05:11 PM
    Well sorry to say, I'm going back to .83, I had a more "enjoyable/easier" experience with it.
    But hey, that's how it is in the "leaks" world
    Just keep'em coming though!
    12-28-08 05:28 PM
    I love my .85 so far.
    12-28-08 05:33 PM
    Well i am currently running .83 with minimal isses thankfully! I haven't wiped my phone yet but since ihave installed every upgrade from .65 to current I think one is in order! ::Crosses fingers::
    12-28-08 06:15 PM
    Has anyone else had Word Mole repeatedly freeze up? New issue since .85. Only issue so far really.
    12-28-08 06:20 PM
    Ok went from .83 to .85 and STILL cant play video MMS messages, only if I save them first......Maybe cause I am on BES, anyone else? My brother is on my BES and his was the same and he went back to .75.....Really thought .85 would fix this......Otherwise .85 is MUCH better than .83
    12-28-08 06:35 PM
    Anyone else notice after the .85 update that your storm doesn't recognize some of the saved files on the media card? I have exactly 177 mp3/music files saved on my card but now my storm only sees 153 of the files. After a sim pull/reboot it will recognize all 177 files...Kinda of odd...
    12-28-08 06:43 PM
    UPDATE3:

* After deleting (Options > Advanced Options > Applications) VVM, and re-installing from Application Center, I'm still not able to login to VMM. This has existed since the official release of .75. I'll be contacting VZW on Monday to resolve or cancel.
    * Music player has several issues that were seen in .83 and continue. The Slider typically never moves when attempting to FF or Rew a track.
    * Also, there seems to be a file size limit causing an issue with FF. I've noticed any long podcasts (>49 minutes) are not able to FF past the 49 minute mark. If attempted to FF after 49 minutes, the track starts over...though the timer on the Slider continues to count past 49 minutes. This problem also occurs if you pause and unpause a track after the 49 minute mark. It also restarts. Without any bookmarking feature (which is desperately needed for a multi-media device), this makes listening to podcasts quite difficult.
    12-28-08 06:47 PM
    omg this takes a while...
    12-28-08 06:50 PM
    omg this takes a while...
    updates can take anywhere from 15 to 90 minutes...
    12-28-08 06:57 PM
    Does anyone notice that when using the browser, the status/load bar does not disappear after the page completely loads?

This happens to every site I go to. On the bottom it would say...

Loading Data...(21k of 21k)

The bar would stay completely filled and finishes load and will not disappear.

Does this happen to you guys as well?

-------------------EDIT-----
    Regarding the lock screen issue... I'm finding it very annoying. Back then, hitting lock will lock and hitting again will unlock.

After updating, the screen will only unlock if I hit any hard key TWICE followed by hitting the lock button.

For those who have to do this, you may notice that the message on screen on the first hard key click will give you a plain message. The second click of the hard key will give you the same message with the lock icon. Only then will you be able to unlock the screen by hitting the lock button.
    Last edited by kl230; 12-28-08 at 07:06 PM.
    12-28-08 06:59 PM
    Anyone else notice after the .85 update that your storm doesn't recognize some of the saved files on the media card? I have exactly 177 mp3/music files saved on my card but now my storm only sees 153 of the files. After a sim pull/reboot it will recognize all 177 files...Kinda of odd...
    No. I have all of my music. However, I have noticed that Word Mole keeps freezing up. Anyone else?
    12-28-08 07:09 PM
    ahh nvm i figured it out
    Last edited by Gameking72; 12-28-08 at 07:14 PM.
    12-28-08 07:10 PM
    I was away for the past 3 days and was like a little kid when I saw that .85 was leaked. I quickly installed it to see how much improvement it has over .83 and I'm impressed so far by the accelerometer and the lock/unlock. It was a real hassle with .83 for me anyway. The phone has not gotten sluggish at all yet. I'm purposely doing a lot with it to see if eventually it gets to where I have to battery pull, but so far so good.

Also, I did not delete the vendor.xml file and with my Vista computer as soon as the .85 was finished downloading, I removed my computer from the internet to do the install, based on what others have recommended with Vista. It installed just fine, no problems at all, but the actual reboot of the phone seemed to take FOREVER...like maybe 20 minutes. I was just starting to hit the panic button when it said "successfully installed"....whew.

I recommend this download for those who are skeptical and on the fence about it.
    12-28-08 07:19 PM
    Scrolling (to select word) no longer works with SureType. With .75 you could place your finger anywhere on the device and scroll through the word choices.
    12-28-08 07:19 PM
    Scrolling (to select word) no longer works with SureType. With .75 you could place your finger anywhere on the device and scroll through the word choices.
    i just tested and you have to scroll on the list...which makes sense
    12-28-08 07:24 PM
1,881 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD