accelerometer has no lag very impressive i stop by Verizon and the still have display models with .65 now thats bad advertisement
    12-27-08 08:56 PM
    I backed up my BB and apps, wiped and installed .85. It seems to be fucntioning well but when I plug it in the computer and open DM I am getting the following message:

Application Updates
    Updated version of the applications listed below are availabe for your device

Blackberry 4.7 system Software
    Blackberry 4.7 Core application

I have been ignoring this, but should I wipe and install again?
    Will not hurt anything. Just let it happen. I had it happen once with each update and after I let it happen, I had no other prompts. Hope this helps.
    12-27-08 08:59 PM
    I finally fixed my phone. I wiped using java commander then reinstalled .85, restored from a backup. everything was 100% except for my VVM. I fixed this by removing it from my phone, calling verizon and removing the service . w00t!
    12-27-08 08:59 PM
    Since I've updated to .85 every time I do a battery pull it takes about 5 mins to get my phone to reboot...oh and with this build having to do it a lot more than the .83 version...is anyone else experiencing this?
    12-27-08 09:00 PM
    talk about snappy.. i just did the upgrade to .85 and the accelerometer is amazing. no lag at all... and i mean none.

one option i wish the would add is to adjust the accelerometer sensitivity, it's a bit too sensitive.

i haven't had any of the sd errors and the VVMail hasn't had any problems either.

i do find it funny however that the phone needs a bit of a wormup after it powers one after the battery pull. atfirst it was slow and unresponsive but after about one minute worked like a charm..

over all i think this update is a great step twards making the storm great..
    12-27-08 09:00 PM
    One thing I have noticed when taking and pic and the phone is not in landscape mode with the bottons on the right hand side. Send pics are always screwed up in how they are being shown.

Note to RIM not everyone in the world is right handed. There is a pretty good percentage of us left handed including both of my children. Also not all of us take pics in landscape mode. How about making it where no matter which way the phone is held it is smart enough to know how you took the pic.........
    12-27-08 09:02 PM
    drop this convo...if you have questions, ask a mod or Kevin himself
    Thanks dropping the internet worked
    12-27-08 09:07 PM
    Will not hurt anything. Just let it happen. I had it happen once with each update and after I let it happen, I had no other prompts. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the feedback, I will let it update and see what happens.
    12-27-08 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I will let it update and see what happens.
    Anytime, I have seen with the storm personally this happening. I have not seen it with the curve or pearl (wife's phone) whe I do backups or updates. Not sure why though.
    12-27-08 09:19 PM
    i would back up the phone and then wipe the phone and reinstall the OS
    Hi Don, I originally got the .75 leak from you to update from the initial version when I purchased on opening day.

Thanks for all the info you post. Good stuff without all the bull****. I am about to do the .85 update and was wondering which link I should use and from who. I am on verizon. Thanks again for your great comments! Chris
    12-27-08 09:20 PM
    hey i downloaded it and installed it and now it won't show up in desktop manager...i disconnected from the internet, closed the program and tried again and it won't recognize it, i noticed that it also stopped showing .83 as well, when i installed .83 it worked fine...any ideas?
    thanks!
    12-27-08 09:37 PM
    Anytime, I have seen with the storm personally this happening. I have not seen it with the curve or pearl (wife's phone) whe I do backups or updates. Not sure why though.
    Thanks Ainvar, I let it update and it added Core Applications, other than that I am not seeing any differences from after I loaded .85. I don't know why Core Apps did not load the first time, but all seems to be ok now. I am no longer getting the message.
    12-27-08 09:37 PM
    Has anyone had a chance to test the video recording with .85? Does the video recording still freeze at any random time with leaked OS .85?
    12-27-08 09:38 PM
    I have a quick off the topic question... How do you change your crackberry status? Mine says crackberry Newbie, but that is not the case, I can't seem to find where this can be changed... Anyone know?
    This was totally the place to post this question. My your head fall off at an awkward moment.
    12-27-08 09:39 PM
    This was totally the place to post this question. My your head fall off at an awkward moment.

It's may scareyman...
    12-27-08 09:41 PM
    Has anyone had any issues with weatherbug?
    12-27-08 09:42 PM
    weatherbug freezing my whole phone on the .85 os....waited and waited for update and this is what I get....that's what I get for being an addict.
    12-27-08 09:47 PM
    .85 is working like a charm. Hail Crackberry!
    12-27-08 09:51 PM
    Hi Don, I originally got the .75 leak from you to update from the initial version when I purchased on opening day.

Thanks for all the info you post. Good stuff without all the bull****. I am about to do the .85 update and was wondering which link I should use and from who. I am on verizon. Thanks again for your great comments! Chris
    All links shold be the same. Just download and install. While it is downloading please uninstall any previous version of the bb os you have installed. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them and also try to search. Most time many things have have been asked and answered.

But on the first page should be a list of links you can use to download the .85 update leak.....
    12-27-08 09:52 PM
    Thanks Ainvar, I let it update and it added Core Applications, other than that I am not seeing any differences from after I loaded .85. I don't know why Core Apps did not load the first time, but all seems to be ok now. I am no longer getting the message.

Not sure either than maybe a bug in the DM. I will let CX or someone else give a more definite answer... I just know it is annoying if you dont let it do it at least once.

Also remember to do backups of your data on a timely basis, it makes you not go insane if an issue does arise.
    12-27-08 09:53 PM
    I finally fixed my phone. I wiped using java commander then reinstalled .85, restored from a backup. everything was 100% except for my VVM. I fixed this by removing it from my phone, calling verizon and removing the service . w00t!
    I have to agree about the VVM. I had them remove it because the only way to listen to you VVM was on speaker phone. I am not using my BB for business but I still don't want everyone up in my personal business. However my phone seems to lag a bit since I deleted it.
    12-27-08 09:56 PM

LOL. Greatness.

Anyways, earlier I was on the phone with a verizon official she told me that there would soon be an official OS update out for the storm. Possibly .85?
    12-27-08 09:57 PM
    I have to agree about the VVM. I had them remove it because the only way to listen to you VVM was on speaker phone. I am not using my BB for business but I still don't want everyone up in my personal business. However my phone seems to lag a bit since I deleted it.
    I use vvm and have no issues. Prolly about 10-15 vms a day on average maybe more depending where the stars and planets are... Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
    12-27-08 09:58 PM
    All links shold be the same. Just download and install. While it is downloading please uninstall any previous version of the bb os you have installed. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them and also try to search. Most time many things have have been asked and answered.

But on the first page should be a list of links you can use to download the .85 update leak.....
    Thanks for the quick response. Great website as always!!!
    12-27-08 09:59 PM
    accelerometer has no lag very impressive i stop by Verizon and the still have display models with .65 now thats bad advertisement
    You should have done the wireless upgrade for them!
    12-27-08 10:09 PM
1,881 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD