i get a big white box at the top of my home screen in portait now..after the upgrade. anyone else getting that? it cuts my home screen picture in half!
    It happens to the bottom of mine. But it happened occasionally with .83 also. It should go away in a few seconds. And hey, your avatar has mercury poisoning.
    12-27-08 04:08 PM
    Got the upgrade and ready to go. Definitely seems snappy (coming from .75) and I'm glad I didn't update yesterday because that would have been a waste of time to go to .83 then .85
    12-27-08 04:11 PM
    Just got the media card error after a successful install. Went back and added locations to weatherbug, then upgrade docs to go to 1.005. Did a reboot, all ok. Played with WB a little more then did a soft reset and error showed up. On my second batt pull...hope this fixes it.

Update: Took three batt pulls to get it...
    same here.... I did FOUR battery pulls to finally get by the "media card inserted" screen.

CX mentioned that this was not fixed in this build but others have not seen this issue on their phones....

sigh.

Overall it's pretty good... a little faster than .83 but again, will need to use it for a couple days to really see the difference. Speed wise it's about the same as .83 but then again I never really had any issues with .76 either.

Camera is about the same...
    12-27-08 04:11 PM
    I got the Media Card Inserted \ Verizon Logo screen issue .. but it was wierd... it happened after a good hour of it being on there and using the phone... 2 battery pulls later and its gone now... but i thought it was really strange. with .83 it happen right away... not after an hour...
    12-27-08 04:12 PM
    Install of 85 went great. phone great, but 1 issue so far.
    The cool finger drag feature in the home screen is gone. Anyone know how to retrieve it?

Mine too!!
    no, it's gone in .83 and .85
    12-27-08 04:12 PM
    the only thing i wiped today is my ***. if you are going from .83 to .85 i dont think there is a point to wipe, a .02 build jump = not many changes. each build has a set amount of changes they want to make to it. between .75 and .83 you have .08 worth of changes (probably 8 builds along the way), where as here, you really only have .02 , only 2 builds difference. shalom to my people!
    12-27-08 04:13 PM
    Looks like they are working on the camcorder bugs, they took out the accelerometer lock for playback on the ones I just recorded. definitely a lot smoother, if you ignore the shutter sound, the camera speed now smokes my pearl..
    12-27-08 04:14 PM
    It happens to the bottom of mine. But it happened occasionally with .83 also. It should go away in a few seconds. And hey, your avatar has mercury poisoning.

mine is not going away. the white box is there everytime i go to the home screen in potrait.

and what is mercury poisoning?
    12-27-08 04:15 PM
    Install of 85 went great. phone great, but 1 issue so far.
    The cool finger drag feature in the home screen is gone. Anyone know how to retrieve it?

no, it's gone in .83 and .85

Oh well, I can deal with that minor issue.
    Hey guys am I doing something wrong? .85 is not showing up when I run app loader on DM.

I uninstall the previous OS. Install .85, but when I run DM....the newest version that shows is .75.

A little help please.
    Folks,

Any news on the 9500 version?

I know this has been asked before, i notice their was a post about 4hours ago saying that somebody was trying to host but not heard anything since.

I also know that the version that is currently leaked will not work on the 9500.

Cheers

Theres not many UK people asking and no responses given.

I've started a new thread for UK 9500 .85 Information

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...86#post1273886

Somewhere for us UK guys to meet ..... possibly the three of us on this thing !!!! lol.
    12-27-08 04:16 PM
    did the upgrade, working fine, no problems so far. did a battery pull after the upgrade, the vzw logo came up, but only for 2 seconds then went away, no problem with the phone after that
    12-27-08 04:17 PM
    UPDATE2:

* Visual Voice Mail was unusable in .75 and .83. I called VZW on this last week, and they confirmed many open tickets on VVM. They wouldn't tell me if there was a workaround, they just said they'd call me back...and didn't call me. With .85, I click the "Login" button, and nothing happens. I then try by tapping the BB button and bring up the menu, then click "Login". That closes the VMM app and returns an error: Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException. So, no confirmation if VMM works or not in .85, but signs point to no.
    12-27-08 04:17 PM
    now google sync wont work
    12-27-08 04:19 PM
    Hey guys am I doing something wrong? .85 is not showing up when I run app loader on DM.

I uninstall the previous OS. Install .85, but when I run DM....the newest version that shows is .75.

A little help please.
    I will defer to the new how to write up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    12-27-08 04:19 PM
    i get a big white box at the top of my home screen in portait now..after the upgrade. anyone else getting that? it cuts my home screen picture in half!
    That sucks bro
    12-27-08 04:20 PM
    UPDATE2:

* Visual Voice Mail was unusable in .75 and .83. I called VZW on this last week, and they confirmed many open tickets on VVM. They wouldn't tell me if there was a workaround, they just said they'd call me back...and didn't call me. With .85, I click the "Login" button, and nothing happens. I then try by tapping the BB button and bring up the menu, then click "Login". That closes the VMM app and returns an error: Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException. So, no confirmation if VMM works or not in .85, but signs point to no.
    My VVM has worked in .75, .83 and still works in .85. I have the quiet sound through the earpiece so I just keep in on speaker.
    12-27-08 04:22 PM
    First impression is my .85 is a less buggy than .83. My camera is definitely quicker. I lost the ability to use the mute/vibrate button to switch the profile to vibrate in lock mode. I tried a battery pull but no luck. I guess we'll see. Overall, it seems to running more efficiently after playing with it for the last hour or so.
    12-27-08 04:23 PM
    without a wipe, .85 smoothed flycast waaay out, also saved my favorite stations and I didn't need to log back in
    12-27-08 04:23 PM
    UPDATE2:

I had issues with vm too. I quit messing with it and canceled it when I ran 83. It was delivering messages late and the LED issue bugged me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 04:24 PM
    ok ive done this before but for somereason i want brain dead. ive downloaded 85 to my computer but i cannot figure out how to put it on my storm. ive read through the instructions and still no idea. help!! please
    12-27-08 04:26 PM
    ok ive done this before but for somereason i want brain dead. ive downloaded 85 to my computer but i cannot figure out how to put it on my storm. ive read through the instructions and still no idea. help!! please
    Run the exe on your computer.

Connect your Storm.

Run the DM.
    12-27-08 04:29 PM
    i havent wiped once since all the OS's starting coming out and mine is working great.
    12-27-08 04:30 PM
    i havent wiped once since all the OS's starting coming out and mine is working great.
    Yeah I haven't either.
    12-27-08 04:31 PM
    I am in same situation - have downloaded it, run the exe but the update is not shwoing up in DM, even if I follow steps in other thread on updating to an unreleased firmware.
    12-27-08 04:32 PM
1,881 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD