thanks, that was my concern.
    I will give it a try...............
    01-04-09 11:06 AM
    I've been running .85 since it leaked and aside from the occasional Verizon Screen and Media card issue it was running fine until yesterday.
    .85 did not like working with my BT headset.
    It continuously says BT connected or disconnected. When the call ends the screen stays on the disconnect screen. There's no visual indication that there's call waiting just a beep in the headset. Didn't know who's side that was on until I took a shot and hit flash. Also, hitting flash cut off the other call.
    I've been noticing a couple of bugs now too: That while faster, has a tendency to keep both portrait and landscape on the screen for a while. The phone will also stall for a while, especially upon startup but I have a feeling this is Viigo updating and stalling everything else. Like others, I'm also having to click more often to get programs to open.
    It's better than .75 in many respects but not in others. Not sure why certain things get less stable in later builds.
    01-04-09 11:48 AM
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to download the new OS .86. I have downloaded it into my C drive but am unable to download it to update my OS. I cannot get the update application to bring up the OS .86. I get a response like, no new updates available. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Or even a simple walk through. Thanks
    01-04-09 01:08 PM
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to download the new OS .86. I have downloaded it into my C drive but am unable to download it to update my OS. I cannot get the update application to bring up the OS .86. I get a response like, no new updates available. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Or even a simple walk through. Thanks
    Where did you get .86? It hasn't been leaked yet. Did you mean .85?
    01-04-09 01:24 PM
    I will host the file once I finish downloading it. I will keep it up for 3 days. Link coming soon.
    01-04-09 01:26 PM
    there's tons of links already
    01-04-09 01:39 PM
    I will host the file once I finish downloading it. I will keep it up for 3 days. Link coming soon.
    Are you talking about the .86 ????!!!!!!!
    01-04-09 01:40 PM
    Where did you get .86? It hasn't been leaked yet. Did you mean .85?
    pretty sure thats what he means...
    01-04-09 01:41 PM
    Sorry, I meant .85 I will host because users will be able to get it from me faster than those download sites.
    01-04-09 01:45 PM
    sorry for posting here... but noone is answering in other posts.. i love .85 btw.. its amazing.. i put storm grounds on my homescreen, but i was wondering if there are any other apps like storm grounds that i can put on my phone for storm wallpapers ?
    01-04-09 01:48 PM
    check the 3rd party apps thread
    01-04-09 01:53 PM
    yeah ive looked there.. didnt see any other apps like storm grounds, and noone is responding when i ask.. thank you though
    01-04-09 01:53 PM
    if you can't find it, there probably isnt another app like that
    01-04-09 01:54 PM
    I am getting ready to light my Storm on Filre and run it over with my car on Feb 1st if the bugs are not fixed. It will be expensive but satisfying.
    01-04-09 01:57 PM
    after downloading .85 and back to .75 and back to .85 and so on.... the third time i dloaded .85 was a complete success.. i did everything in order from all the different ideas that i got from this post. i cleaned everything i had previously off my comp. including desktop 4.7.

I reinstalled the desktop software.. downloaded .85 and then installed it. did an immediate battery pull after everything was installed and backed up.. formatted media card. changed all my settings based on suggestions made.. re installed my apps, launchers, etc.. everything works perfectly.. accelerometer is super fast, cam works fine, so does video, browser is fast, everything works great. litterally the only bug i have is recording voicenotes still dont show on the phone, but they do still show on the memory card. i hope this helps someone.. i had soo many problems with .85 the first 2 times.. but stuck with it and went through the process one last time... PERFECT!!
    01-04-09 02:04 PM
    people at verizon are to finicky screw them! people who have the verizon storm and are uneducated are living in the dark. so far i have not had major problems with .85 and would recommend it to anyone (then again its only been 3 days)
    01-04-09 02:07 PM
    could anyone explain to me what storm grounds is and where i can get it ( to my understanding its an app)
    01-04-09 02:18 PM
    could anyone explain to me what storm grounds is and where i can get it ( to my understanding its an app)
    BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper | Backgrounds | Images | StormGrounds.com

it's a site- not an app. It's just a site that contains a lot what is already on this site in the regards to wallpapers and ringtones- just a different selection
    01-04-09 02:21 PM
    I have had a lot more issues with .85 vs .75. .75 seemed much more stable. On .85 my phone has locked up multiple times, I end a call, and it stays locked onto the disconnect screen. When I go to make a call its real laggy, with 4-5 second delays on getting to phone screen, and 1 second delays on number presses. I have to keep doing battery pulls, and often it gets locked up on the verizon splash screen.

I updated per the leak instructions and I am on verizon already so did not need to delete the vendor.xml.
    01-04-09 02:25 PM
    thx dallas gonna check it out
    01-04-09 02:37 PM
    Ok here is .85 I'll leave it up for a few days.

http://www.corpnetsolutions.com/down..._A4.7.0.85.exe
    01-04-09 02:49 PM
    just upgraded to .85.... no problems so far! sweeeet.
    01-04-09 02:50 PM
    Ok here is .85 I'll leave it up for a few days.

http://www.corpnetsolutions.com/down..._A4.7.0.85.exe
    It is illegal to host these files just so you know. .85 is available in many locations why open yourself up to potential legal action?
    01-04-09 02:51 PM
    It is illegal to host these files just so you know. .85 is available in many locations why open yourself up to potential legal action?
    Why is it illegal, The storm is owned by these users, and they are entitled to a license for the software. It's not like they are stealing software, they paid for it with the phone.
    01-04-09 02:58 PM
    Why is it illegal, The storm is owned by these users, and they are entitled to a license for the software. It's not like they are stealing software, they paid for it with the phone.
    Because this is unreleased software. This was not distributed to the public and is not intened for public use, otherwise it would be up for download on RIM's official site.
    01-04-09 02:59 PM
1,881 ... 6970717273 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD