I have been running .85 for three days with out any issues. It seems to be the most stable version so far. You just need to get it to install correctly ;-)
    12-31-08 10:25 PM
    Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!!!
    12-31-08 10:28 PM
    Happy new years.

I won my storm in a contest but unfortunately it has not been delivered as of yet. My question is, my sister has her storm and I am about to help her update to .85. I have heard some conflicting information. Is it better (least amount of problems) to just install over .75 or wipe first then go to .85?

Also. Can someone link me to .76, I have looked and can not find a link. I hear it is more stable than .75 so just in case i have to downgrade her.
    12-31-08 11:05 PM
    Also, I just want to say to Don and CX. I work for VzW and most websites are blocked and I appreciate this forum being so helpful. I have helped lots of customers due to information on this thread.. luckily this website is not blocked through our firewall
    12-31-08 11:08 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    Are you just trying to up your post count by just agreeing with everyone in a new post?
    12-31-08 11:10 PM
    happy new year, and my new year resolution is to learn how to worjkmy storm, lol!!
    12-31-08 11:18 PM
    yeah that one still an issue
    Post *****!
    12-31-08 11:18 PM
    Stop spamming.
    12-31-08 11:25 PM
    You're about to get banned.
    12-31-08 11:34 PM
    I apologize for all that spam. It's been taken care of. Please stay on topic. Goodnight.
    12-31-08 11:56 PM
    Appreciate it CX, Good night!
    12-31-08 11:57 PM
    CX Deleted all the guys posts and it went back 4 pages. LOL
    12-31-08 11:58 PM
    Some people have reported better experience the second time around. I've always had the battery draining problem since I installed .85 four days ago but now my earpiece and microphone won't work at all!! People cannot hear me and I cannot hear them either unless I use my headphones. I press the "headset" buttom while call is going but doesn't make a difference. I uninstalled TalLock to see if that would make a difference but it didn't.

I will wipe and install .85 a second time and see how it goes. I really like .85 so I really don't want to have to go back to .75 like when I had .83.
    A second install of .85 did not fix this problem for me. I'm back on .75 until something better comes alone.

HAPPY 2009 TO EVERYONE!
    01-01-09 01:23 AM
    How do you clear the BES PIM data?
    simply go into your bes manager on your server and find the user who wants cleared. right click and scroll down. clear pim is there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 02:38 AM
    I still haven't had any problems except for the random freeze-ups. These seem to be happening less often though so I'm going to stick with .85 for now and keep my fingers crossed.

Happy New Year.
    01-01-09 09:58 AM
    Hi everyone...this is my first post...love the board..keep it up.

I installed .85 on top of my .75

All WAS well until I realized that by the end of the day, my memory goes from 37mb's to 25mb's which then causes some of the apps to function all weird...I sometimes can't even shut off my phone. I get that sign "shutting off now"....but stays like that forever 'till I press any button.

Anyone else with similar problem?
    01-01-09 11:40 AM
    what applications do you have installed? have you removed all unneeded applications?
    01-01-09 12:26 PM
    what applications do you have installed? have you removed all unneeded applications?
    apps:

Viigo
    google maps
    nytimes
    yahoo messenger
    windows live (which supposedly, according to bell, doesn't even work for this handheld...........for now)

that's about it for now.

I should also note that I close all apps properly and even cleared my cashe and everything else.
    This happens everyday though which is quite annoying.
    01-01-09 12:35 PM
    i'm guessing that you have GPS enabled because of Google maps and Viigo is always running and updating correct? i'm guessing these are the causes of your memory getting low
    01-01-09 12:46 PM
    so far here are my problems after upgrading from .75 to .85:

my application center icon stays active and cannot be clicked, the camera no longer zooms. that is about i noticed so far. other than that, the speed of is better, applications seems to close out better, onyl had a few freezes. all in all i like ti better than the .75.

if anybody knows how to fix my application center from showing up when i hold the BB button down to switch apps, i would greatly appreciate it!
    01-01-09 12:57 PM
    to keep App Center from constantly running, follow these steps:

open app center > menu key > uncheck auto refresh > close app center > battery pull
    01-01-09 01:01 PM
    is there a difference between .76 and .75 i guess what i mean is that i am a verizon user.. is .76 the same as verizons .75? i see a lot of people referring to .76 for stabilization..
    01-01-09 01:21 PM
    I upgraded to .85 last night after watching this thread for a while. So far so good. No memory leaks, switcher seems faster and no radom reboots so far (under .75 I had 4-5 reboots a day). The only disappointment so far is the fact that my bluetooth headphones don't work on the videos. They work fine on music though.

I sure hope the official Verizon release makes sure the bluetooth headphones work on videos.

All in All I am still glad I updated from .75 to .85.
    01-01-09 01:24 PM
    can i get .76 as a verizon user or is that for another carrier. im sorry if this was already explained, or should be common knowledge.
    01-01-09 01:25 PM
    i'm guessing that you have GPS enabled because of Google maps and Viigo is always running and updating correct? i'm guessing these are the causes of your memory getting low
    I fixed those problems and I'm currently at 27mb's of free space.

At this point, opening up yahoo messanger for example, freezes when I click "sign in". It is then that I go ahead and do a battery pull. I've been pulling batteries left and right every night.
    01-01-09 01:26 PM
1,881 ... 6263646566 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD