how so.. the only options i have are
    1XEV, global, or gsm something. i have it on 1XEV. my probs with .85 are the media card inserted freeze.. the verizon screen of death.. today my battery went from 100% to 25% in 3 hours.. with hardly any use. that was a new issue.. but mostly the freezing, and the crashing.. i wish i could reinstall it with different settings to help if there were any but whn i check running apps like people say, there arent any .. other than the normal phone messages etc.. and when i do the 1XEV thing it doesnt help either.. then someone else says something so i try again and that fails too .. soo frustrating..
    12-29-08 08:10 PM
    Thanks everyone for making the site so user friendly and easy to understand
    i do have a question though , when i got to see which apps are running it shows the application center , and i cannot get it off of there , i know there should be 5 icons , but the app center makes it 6 and i cant close it

any ideas ?
    12-29-08 08:18 PM
    Thanks everyone for making the site so user friendly and easy to understand
    i do have a question though , when i got to see which apps are running it shows the application center , and i cannot get it off of there , i know there should be 5 icons , but the app center makes it 6 and i cant close it

any ideas ?
    have you tried selecting it when you hold down the BB key then BBkey and click close?
    12-29-08 08:29 PM
    Turn off the automatic update and do a battery pull.
    12-29-08 08:31 PM
    So...first post, and I'm gonna ask something I know someone else has already posted (but it was ab 30 pages back and the answer didn't work for me), so here goes:

I downloaded the .85 update, installed it to my laptop, ran DM, but it didn't show up as an available os update. I disconnected from the internet, still no update available. i uninstalled all previous os versions from the laptop, including .85, and reinstalled. nothing. i changed the setting in DM to stop it from connecting to the internet to check for updates. I also completely wiped my storm via jl_cmd (which nearly gave me a heart attack) and still i have .75 loaded. any ideas as to why i can't seem to get this update to work? i've got a 9530 on verizon network, and i'm using windows vista home premium via bootcamp. i've been messing around with this for almost 5 hours now.
    12-29-08 08:35 PM
    Installed .85 On PC And When I Update with My Storm It Says Can Not Find any Updates?

Any One have any ideas what i have to do. Please let me know Thanks!!
    12-29-08 08:36 PM
    im itching to reinstal .85 what are the encryption mode, protocol something, and mass storage settings do , and what should they be set at?
    12-29-08 08:38 PM
    Just upgraded from .75 to .85. Didn't wipe first. Everything went smoothly. Memory after a battery pull with .75 was 37MB, with .85, 43MB. Hopefully the huge mem leak will go away as well. Everything is speedier as everyone is stating. No problems here yet although only been running it for about an hour. Loving it so far! Browser loads pages much faster and you can browse them while still loading and the menus and accelerometer are much faster.

Quick question, and yes, I searched, some people say the screen lock during a call issue was fixed so there's no reason for TalkLock, is this actually true? I still have TalkLock on, the new, non mem-leaking version.
    12-29-08 08:39 PM
    Been running .85 since around 10am. Very fast. No verizon screen lockup or freezes.
    Over all very happy. Battery life is normal. Well with the screen at 50% brightness.

Negatives there is some lag when typing in browser.

Tip close the apps. Don't just. Hit the back arrow. Keeps the app memory available high.
    No I haven't rebooted yet because I have no need.
    12-29-08 08:43 PM
    jherman4... I wish I could be of more help to you. I did not have this issue, nor do I know of anyone having this issue.
    12-29-08 08:46 PM
    So...first post, and I'm gonna ask something I know someone else has already posted (but it was ab 30 pages back and the answer didn't work for me), so here goes:

I downloaded the .85 update, installed it to my laptop, ran DM, but it didn't show up as an available os update. I disconnected from the internet, still no update available. i uninstalled all previous os versions from the laptop, including .85, and reinstalled. nothing. i changed the setting in DM to stop it from connecting to the internet to check for updates. I also completely wiped my storm via jl_cmd (which nearly gave me a heart attack) and still i have .75 loaded. any ideas as to why i can't seem to get this update to work? i've got a 9530 on verizon network, and i'm using windows vista home premium via bootcamp. i've been messing around with this for almost 5 hours now.
    if you wiped and it is still showing .75 loaded then something went wrong with jlcomander

it should show error 507 on the phone once its wiped correctly

then exit out of jl by pressing # 7

Goto
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
    delete the vender.xml file
    Dbl click the Loader application
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-29-08 at 08:51 PM.
    12-29-08 08:49 PM
    Installed .85 On PC And When I Update with My Storm It Says Can Not Find any Updates?

follow Don's instructions here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

you would be at step 11...if the rest has been done correctly

if that doesnt work...navigate to
    heres a pic if you don't know what i mean:
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-29-08 at 09:03 PM.
    12-29-08 08:53 PM
    im itching to reinstal .85 what are the encryption mode, protocol something, and mass storage settings do , and what should they be set at?

It's the memory settings, (options>memory), you need to have to use your Storm and memory card as 2 thumb drives when it's hooked to your pc
    12-29-08 08:53 PM
    thank you very much.. would any of those things have an affect on how many problems ive had with .85?
    12-29-08 08:56 PM
    nopes...those wouldn't affect any problems you've had with .85
    12-29-08 08:57 PM
    ok.. last question regarding reinstalling.. if i redownload .85 completly to my computer would that be a possibility of running differently? or is it my device thats not taking the new software as well as others.
    12-29-08 08:59 PM
    wont change a thing...a wipe and fresh install will change how it acts on your phone though
    12-29-08 09:02 PM
    Well, I downloaded and installed .85 yesterday afternoon and the install went smooth and everything seemed to be working alright. I set all the settings with everyone's recommendations from here and my Storm ran perfectly...until tonight. Just a little while ago the phone went haywire. White screens, locking up, sim card rejection, wouldn't boot up, several battery pulls, amongst other issues. Needless to say, I reloaded .75 and I will now wait patiently for Verizon/RIM to officially release the finalized version of the OS. THEN I'll load it onto my phone.

Hopefully you guys are having better luck with .85 than I had. )
    12-29-08 09:03 PM
    if i wipe it all i really have to do is change profiles again, and re request my bbmessenger people right? btw thank you for all your help. i absolutley appreciate it..
    12-29-08 09:03 PM
    if i wipe it all i really have to do is change profiles again, and re request my bbmessenger people right? btw thank you for all your help. i absolutley appreciate it..
    just backup your phone and restore everything...that way you won't have to re-request
    12-29-08 09:16 PM
    if you wiped and it is still showing .75 loaded then something went wrong with jlcomander

it should show error 507 on the phone once its wiped correctly

then exit out of jl by pressing # 7

Goto
    delete the vender.xml file
    THANK YOU! I tried looking for the loader app but couldn't find it on my computer 'cause. . .well I'm and ***** I guess. Now I just need to find my application center on my bb
    12-29-08 09:16 PM

Posted this a few pages back....
    The only way I have been able to ever get any of the leaks to load was to run the file from it's saved location. Open DM and then navigate to the saved location, but not using DM to find it, use explorer. Once you find the upgrade double click on it and the windows installer should take over and it will then load into DM. Not sure if it's VISTA(Ultimate), but that is the only way it's ever worked for me. Hope it helps.
    12-29-08 09:17 PM
    Just installed .85 so far so good. The typing is about the same speed. But pictures and browser seems faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 09:38 PM
    Hey all!

This is my first post on this site. I'm loving the storm by the way. Never had much problems with it (guess I'm lucky)! Anyway, I've read a lot of comments about the whole "Memory Card Inserted" message popping up and not allowing you to do anything with your device. I'm not sure if this was mentioned but what I found that fixed it for me was to create a folder on my desktop, or wherever you prefer, and copy everything from the memory card to that folder, then format the card, reset the device, put your pics/everything you had on your card back on it and the problem is gone. Hope this helps.
    12-29-08 09:39 PM
    neolantis : i did what you told me followd all the steps and nothing. Even rebotted my PC and still nothing. and when i went to the app loader like you showed me in the pic it doesnt find .85 still shows .75 software for some reason let me know what you think thanks for the help
    12-29-08 09:39 PM
1,881 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD