I loaded .85 and found some little annoying errors. The new message indicator asterik remains even after I've opened all the messages. The screen gets stuck in landscape view still. When I power it on it often gets stuck with the Verizon logo. It powered back on everytime I put it in the holster until I deleted the reset app. And the obvious problem of typing being a lot slower. I think that .76 was a lot more stable.
    Last edited by mychair; 12-29-08 at 09:13 AM.
    12-29-08 09:00 AM
    no issues so far (running it since saturday night)... i upgraded from .75 (which had no issues either)
    12-29-08 09:05 AM
    Only problem I have now is that my typing is way slower. Almost unbearable. Lags a lot and I will be about 4 words ahead of the blue light tracer. Never had this problem on .75 so I wonder if it is a setting or my phone or the leak

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 09:12 AM
    Just upgraded. Followed the directions to a T from links

FYI: Phone Info: Storm 9530
    Carrier: Verizon
    Upgrades from .75 to .85
    Did not install with wipe clean
    Did not require vendor file delete
    After 1st attempt, did battery pull to restart, notice immediately

-faster accelerometer response Smoother going switching between landscape and portrait(compared to .75)
    -browser loading is improved in speed (in my opinion)
    -Switching application is faster
    -Typing is a bit more responsive
    -Camera is faster
    =============================
    The only thing I encountered once was going to the email setup application, it first said couldn't find application, but then tried again, and it worked.
    12-29-08 09:32 AM
    Just to pose a general question about OS upgrades... I've very perplexed how some people experience .85 to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and others run away from it screaming "gimme my .75 back" faster than it takes their phone to randomly reboot itself?

I understand that with 3rd party apps, everyone is going to have slightly different experiences, but I can't imagine that .85 causes such a wide range of strong reactions unless there are hardware issues involved as well. The same OS on the same hardware should perform a LOT more consistently than what we've seen, no?
    12-29-08 09:41 AM
    I loaded .85 and found some little annoying errors. The new message indicator asterik remains even after I've opened all the messages. The screen gets stuck in landscape view still. When I power it on it often gets stuck with the Verizon logo. It powered back on everytime I put it in the holster until I deleted the reset app. And the obvious problem of typing being a lot slower. I think that .76 was a lot more stable.
    Try a battery pull...it should fix your phone.
    12-29-08 09:45 AM
    Hello I upgraded from .75 to .85 and everything went great. I do have a newbie question. Do I always have to go through new enterprise activation with my companies Blackberry server every time I do a firmware upgrade? I have upgraded twice now and each time I loose my enterprise activation and need to request a new activation password from my company's help desk. I searched for an old post on this issue but found nothing.
    12-29-08 09:59 AM
    upgraded to .85 from the buggy as all get out .83 and so far loving it!!!!

Thanks for the leak!!!!
    12-29-08 10:16 AM
    I don't understand either why there are so many problems if we all have the same phone. Every update I have installed whether official or leaked has made an improvement to the device. .85 I think has been the best so far. Device just flows much faster, accelormeter has almost no lag, my camera is much much faster. For this upgrade i did do a complete wipe before installing so maybe that has attributed to the snappiness.
    12-29-08 10:22 AM
    Mines been running for almost 48 hours and I'm loving it. The only complains I have is the BT video audio and theres still a memory leak.
    12-29-08 10:23 AM
    I don't understand either why there are so many problems if we all have the same phone. Every update I have installed whether official or leaked has made an improvement to the device. .85 I think has been the best so far. Device just flows much faster, accelormeter has almost no lag, my camera is much much faster. For this upgrade i did do a complete wipe before installing so maybe that has attributed to the snappiness.
    True, they might be the same phone but my 1st Storm kept freezing and laggin, I did a wipe and reinstall .75 and still had the same issues. Got a replacement and it was night and day. No lag and no freeze.
    12-29-08 10:24 AM
    True, they might be the same phone but my 1st Storm kept freezing and laggin, I did a wipe and reinstall .75 and still had the same issues. Got a replacement and it was night and day. No lag and no freeze.
    So more the hardware than the actual OS is where the problems are coming from. Sorry for everyone that is having problems and I hope you get them fixed because I think this release is the best one so far...now if only we could POSSIBLY be able to turn off the surepress when typing...
    12-29-08 10:29 AM
    I would like the ability to shut off the surepress too. The only way is on the browser with Opera Mini.
    12-29-08 10:37 AM
    Downloaded the .85 software yesterday and loved the improvements but today my phone bricked up. Any help????
    12-29-08 10:42 AM
    i wipe couldnt hurt. Make sure to backup 3rd party apps and everything else
    does a wipe erase the media card as well? I have pics on there. as for my phone software, i only have flycast and weather bug installed so i dont need to back those up and my phone is on a BES so my contacts are safe.
    12-29-08 10:44 AM
    No it will not erase anything on the memory card, but if you want, you can always remove it.
    12-29-08 10:46 AM
    has anyone actaully had troubles with a non wiped phone and then, once they wiped, things were better?
    12-29-08 10:48 AM
    Anybody notice the following problems with the .85 software?
    -New Emails automatically open on your screen?
    -Phone automitcally unlocks when sliding out of a case?
    12-29-08 11:07 AM
    i got everything working using .85 on tmobile with everything working
    12-29-08 11:09 AM
    The_Finja

I upgraded yesterday and so far no issues what so ever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 11:14 AM
    Did they fix this minor issue (but very valuable in conf. mtg.) while the phone is locked press the vibrate top key to switch notification mode? It wasn't working with .83
    Still not fixed...
    12-29-08 11:23 AM
    download was freaking fast...gotta wait and see if the OS is aswell...
    btw downloaded from rickychan.com/BBStorm.html. Thanks to the guy who's hosting it...
    12-29-08 11:37 AM
    has anyone actaully had troubles with a non wiped phone and then, once they wiped, things were better?
    anyone at all?
    12-29-08 11:41 AM
    i just connected to the desktop manager and it automatically updated from v4.5 to v4.7 and wiped me from .83 to .75

do i need to go back to 4.5 to be able to download the .85?
    12-29-08 11:50 AM
    Can't answer BT headset after "upgrading" to .85. I can make calls but not answer them...

RATS!!!
    12-29-08 12:18 PM
1,881 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD