I was the same way after the initial update. Have you done a soft reset/battery pull since you updated? That'll jump your MB back to where it should be.

Ok what is a soft reset? When you remove the battery from the phone is the phone supposed to be on or full power off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 07:25 PM
    Deleted it but still nothing, anyother ideas
    12-27-08 07:25 PM
    Ok what is a soft reset? When you remove the battery from the phone is the phone supposed to be on or full power off?

I have heard both. Personally, I do it power on.
    12-27-08 07:26 PM
    should have just done a battery pull. got that screen on my girls phone doing the upgrade but did the pull and booted fine second time.
    I did (3) battery pulls......everytime it came up to that screen

When I say soft reset, I'm referring to the app called soft reset. It accomplishes the same thing as taking out your battery but, with out taking out your battery.
    also just noticed aol emails now have the reconcile options available. before .85 i had no way of deleting emails on both phone and email eventhough i chose to delete on both but now it works. maybe i missed something previously but its working now
    Nice find! (If it wasn't there before) I love that option!
    12-27-08 07:27 PM
    I did (3) battery pulls......everytime it came up to that screen
    Take out your battery. Take out the memory card, then put the battery back in. Let it fully boot up 100% THEN put your memory card it. Problem should be solved.
    12-27-08 07:27 PM
    Take out your battery. Take out the memory card, then put the battery back in. Let it fully boot up 100% THEN put your memory card it. Problem should be solved.
    Cool thanks....I'll try that.
    12-27-08 07:29 PM
    When I say soft reset, I'm referring to the app called soft reset. It accomplishes the same thing as taking out your battery but, with out taking out your battery.
    Oh ok thanks ill look into that

12-27-08 07:29 PM
    DM sees it but it won't install it. Please help
    12-27-08 07:33 PM
    DM sees it but it won't install it. Please help
    at the point you're selecting .85, disconnect from the internet and then continue
    12-27-08 07:34 PM
    drop this convo...if you have questions, ask a mod or Kevin himself
    12-27-08 07:36 PM
    Voice Notes in .85 still broken.

IE. Stop errors (White screen with "STOP")
    and after recording notes, they do not appear in the notes list to be played back, you have to explore to them.

Oh well.. Back to .75 I use Voice notes for work.
    12-27-08 07:37 PM
    They are the ones that I was looking for an answer from.
    12-27-08 07:38 PM
    Installed and I can see a noticeable difference from .83 The camera for me anyways, is not improved. Mine is still laggy when taking pictures, but everything else seems VERY different and faster.
    12-27-08 07:38 PM
    Just completely wiped and reinstalled os on my Storm in hopes that it would fix my VVM and gmail shows up under profile settings. *fingers crossed*

I cancelled my plans for tonight so I can fix my phone. lulz, I'm a genuine nerd.
    12-27-08 07:40 PM
    OK, I've upgraded to .85 only to have the Media Card / Verizon Splash screen lockup, just as I did in .83.

Before my initial battery pull after the upgrade (Clean wipe from .75 using JLCmdr) the OS seemed pretty snappy (BEFORE THE FIRST BATTERY PULL which is cool). I've done multiple battery pulls and media card removal (reinserts once booted) and can get it to go away........until I power off the phone and wait a few and power it back on.

I've finally confirmed something that I suspected when I had this issue with .83. I can get this bug to happen every time if I leave the radio ON before powering down. However, (and I just confirmed this twice). If I turn the radio OFF BEFORE powering down, then when I power on, it comes up no problem.

After doing this twice, I simply turned the radio back on, powered down, and here my Storm sits locked on the Verizon splash screen once again.

The reason I suspected it having to do with the radio is that sometimes when locked on the splash screen, you actually see the up/download arrows in the upper right active.

I'm afraid I may not want to disable the radio each time I power off, so I may revert back to .75. However, the positives with .85 (snappier typing, portrait to landscape and back, much faster) may just be enough to deal with the extra step of turning off the radio each time I power down.

I just looked over to the locked splash screen, which has been on most of time I've been typing this post, and noticed that the arrows are stick flickering every once in a while.

Very interesting..........

Thus far my OS changes have been:
    .65 > .75 Leaked > .75 Official > .83 Leaked > .75 Official (Couldn't deal with the media / splash bug > .85 Leaked
    12-27-08 07:40 PM

+1
    Nobody totally knows what goes on behind the scenes here.
    It's not really up to us to critique the inner workings when it comes to stuff like this..

12-27-08 07:41 PM
    They are the ones that I was looking for an answer from.
    then PM them...there are thousands of threads on here...they're not gonna dig in here to look for these sorta questions to answer
    12-27-08 07:42 PM
    OK, I've upgraded to .85 only to have the Media Card / Verizon Splash screen lockup, just as I did in .83.

Before my initial battery pull after the upgrade (Clean wipe from .75 using JLCmdr) the OS seemed pretty snappy (BEFORE THE FIRST BATTERY PULL which is cool). I've done multiple battery pulls and media card removal (reinserts once booted) and can get it to go away........until I power off the phone and wait a few and power it back on.

I've finally confirmed something that I suspected when I had this issue with .83. I can get this bug to happen every time if I leave the radio ON before powering down. However, (and I just confirmed this twice). If I turn the radio OFF BEFORE powering down, then when I power on, it comes up no problem.

After doing this twice, I simply turned the radio back on, powered down, and here my Storm sits locked on the Verizon splash screen once again.

The reason I suspected it having to do with the radio is that sometimes when locked on the splash screen, you actually see the up/download arrows in the upper right active.

I'm afraid I may not want to disable the radio each time I power off, so I may revert back to .75. However, the positives with .85 (snappier typing, portrait to landscape and back, much faster) may just be enough to deal with the extra step of turning off the radio each time I power down.

I just looked over to the locked splash screen, which has been on most of time I've been typing this post, and noticed that the arrows are stick flickering every once in a while.

Very interesting..........
    Is your sim card still installed? Take it out.
    That's your common denominator <--(WOTD)..
    12-27-08 07:43 PM
    at the point you're selecting .85, disconnect from the internet and then continue
    I have to disconnect my computer from the internet?
    12-27-08 07:44 PM
    That's the only thing I haven't tried. Do you leave it out indefinitely?

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it when I do the battery pull......which is now.
    12-27-08 07:45 PM
    Where is that box I need to uncheck? I can't seem to find it lol
    I defer to the master..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/wh...l-file-120048/
    12-27-08 07:47 PM
    Is your sim card still installed? Take it out.
    That's your common denominator <--(WOTD)..
    Should you power the phone off before removing the sim card?
    12-27-08 07:47 PM
    I'm not sure i get this sim card in, no sim card in thing i did update and had no problem my sim card is in but its never been activated as i wont be in Europe so really don't need to activate it. I also don't have globule set in network i have it set to 1xev as default I would be interested to know if the people with sim card locking have globule set vs 1xev as default
    12-27-08 07:49 PM
1,881 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD