another glitch when i put the lock button i get a new storm picture ... new bolts its tight lol and i want to keep it , it shows it as full screen then disapears
    12-27-08 03:42 PM
    oh and anyways i would also like to say thanks to everybody in this site that has made it a very fun and helpfull.

my name is galindo, and i am a crackberry addict
    12-27-08 03:42 PM
    i just uploaded the new .85 and it says "you have inserted a sim card. would you like your blackberry to automatically select CDMA or GSM based on the network availabilty?" can anyone tell me what this means and what should i do?
    I get this every time I update software. I just click yes and it don't come back?
    12-27-08 03:43 PM
    Have phone on hand and it just rebooted on its own never happend before. Here we go not looking good. Cross fingers.
    12-27-08 03:43 PM
    I just did the update. Here's where I'm at:

* Ran JL_Cmdr first, which wipes the device. I figured with four OS updates and several installed buggy apps, it was time for a full wipe. Details here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    * Then ran the install just like previous Storm OS updates.
    * After the install, Time Zone is set to Bogata, though I was expecting Eastern.
    * First impression, OS seems snappier out of the box. Accelerometer is definitely faster. We will see once I get some apps loaded and running again.
    12-27-08 03:44 PM
    WELP got the first problem...

Tried to turn off my phone... little test.

went to turn it back on.. got stuck on the VZW screen.... tried to press the button again to get it to turn on... got stuck between the click any button to abort and VZW screen... battery pulled

GOOD NEWZ: no insert media card craaaap upon reboot
    Give it some time. I'm sure it will do it again.
    I have my SIM card removed and don't get that prompt.

Removed it after numerous SIM Card Errors
    We should start a list of bugs for .85 lol
    Anyone wish to start?
    Works great!
    12-27-08 03:45 PM
    Well I loaded the leaked 4.7.0.85 OS on my BB looks good so far thanks to all wonderful people on this forum for all help and how to info. now lets see what Verizon actually releases in a few days.
    Last edited by kenwebb; 12-27-08 at 03:49 PM.
    12-27-08 03:46 PM
    Updated to .85, I've had it running for a few hours now and no problems. Typing seems much more responsive as others have said, accelerometer is great, except it seems somewhat slow from landscape to portrait, could just be because my phone sat for a little while, other than that no issues, AWESOME
    hmm well im actually not having a problem with this just want to know what it does. it asked me that with .83 and i clicked no and everything seemed normal and good.
    Ooof... I'm sorry Galindo. I read your post too fast. I thought you were having the lock up problem. I think that enables the GSM sim card in the event you were using it over seas.
    Just got the media card error after a successful install. Went back and added locations to weatherbug, then upgrade docs to go to 1.005. Did a reboot, all ok. Played with WB a little more then did a soft reset and error showed up. On my second batt pull...hope this fixes it.

Update: Took three batt pulls to get it...
    yeah you guys are right ill just click yes it shouldnt be any problem. thx alot guys
    12-27-08 03:48 PM
    I'm still getting the "Media card inserted" error after a battery pull... it does it EVERY time now.

Hmm... I can't boot into my phone anymore because even with the microSD card out it STILL shows me that message.

argh.
    Did ypu happen to find the problem? I had to go back to .75 to fix this on my phone. I did get a chance to try my phone with .85 and it was working great, the camera was way better than ever before. As soon as I did the first battery pull the problem showed up and wouldn't go away. Its almost like giving a kid a cookie and then taking it away....I am bummed .85 isn't working on my phone.
    12-27-08 03:49 PM
    I'm still getting the "Media card inserted" error after a battery pull... it does it EVERY time now.

Hmm... I can't boot into my phone anymore because even with the microSD card out it STILL shows me that message.

argh.

Why I think I'm staying with .76. .83 had those problems for me even with it installed on a clean wipe. Keep trying. Eventually(God only knows when) it should reboot ok. Maybe.
    12-27-08 03:49 PM
    did anyone get the browser to work on their tmobile verizon storm ?
    12-27-08 03:50 PM
    Memory cleaning locks the phone. Never had that before. Doing battery pull.
    There is no Wi-Fi on 9530 Storms
    wait, so this upgrade gives you WIFI?
    Been using mines for a few hours and its been good so far. Haven't had a problem yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 03:51 PM
    Memory cleaning locks the phone. Never had that before. Doing battery pull.
    That's a new one!! I haven't seen that one yet...Hopefully a battery pull will fix it.
    12-27-08 03:52 PM
    From the leaked slides, it looks like the 9520 Storm will have Wi-Fi.
    12-27-08 03:53 PM
    i just uploaded the new .85 and it says "you have inserted a sim card. would you like your blackberry to automatically select CDMA or GSM based on the network availabilty?" can anyone tell me what this means and what should i do?
    I choose no because people have said when it's on Auto the voice quality isn't as good. It will automatically select CDMA if u hit no which is Verizon's network. I had changed the settings for it to always be on CDMA and now I always get this message but have no problems hitting no if it will make voice quality better.
    The 9530 does not have wifi....
    We should start a list of bugs for .85 lol
    Anyone wish to start?
    I think its buggier than .83 .
    I do not seem to have as much control with keyboard, web pages, etc

Seems faster though!!
    12-27-08 03:54 PM
1,881 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD