hey guys, just did an wireless upgrade to the new os 4.7.0.141, my friend did her's with the computer software, so 2 different phones but upgraded 2 different ways.

right... the problem.

the screens completly blacks out and wont turn back on till its unlocked,

2nd you lock the phone using the top right hand button, and the screen locks! great. but the four bottom buttons will unlock it on its own, so defeats the hole object of having a key lock.

is anyone else having this problem?
    05-19-09 03:44 PM
    anyone at all having problems with key pad lock due to the 4.7.0.141 upgrade?
    05-19-09 04:30 PM
    Yes, can lock the phone (button top left of phone) but accidently pressing the Make Call, BB, Back & End Call buttons unlocks the phone

Dont even get me started on the loss of predictive text !
    05-19-09 05:28 PM
    hey im new to this i have no idea what im doing.. i love my storm but i need to upgrade my software.. im on 4.7.0.75 @ the moment.. can you pleas explain to me how i upgrade??
    05-19-09 06:02 PM
    hey im new to this i have no idea what im doing.. i love my storm but i need to upgrade my software.. im on 4.7.0.75 @ the moment.. can you pleas explain to me how i upgrade??
    Read the NOOB guide sticky'ed at the top of this forum. It explains all you need to know. I would recommend upgrading to .132 first. It's been one of the better leaks...way better than .75. Then after you run it for a while...

To the OP...

Lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid has fixed most problems, is stable and runs great. Install .132 first, then follow these instructions (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/).

Grey
    05-19-09 07:44 PM
    maybe im slow but i have no idea where the NOOB guide is...
    05-19-09 07:54 PM
    Does this need to be done on a PC? Do i need to have my storm connected? or can i do a wirless upgrade?
    05-19-09 07:58 PM
    maybe im slow but i have no idea where the NOOB guide is...
    It's at the top of the forum that your in right now (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/)

Grey
    05-19-09 09:46 PM
    Does this need to be done on a PC? Do i need to have my storm connected? or can i do a wirless upgrade?
    The only way you can upgrade to a leaked OS is through a connection to your PC. BUT...I don't think you should upgrade at this point. From the questions your asking, I think you need to spend more time on this forum and playing with your phone. Get to know it better. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. The questions you're asking are great questions, and this forum is absolutely the place to find the answers. But before you try an OS upgrade, you'd have a lot less trouble if you spent some time getting familiar with how the phone and Desktop Manager work, and they can both do for you. At the very top of all these forum sections are "Sticky" threads (they always stay at the top) that are FULL of great info about this phone. Also, check out this thread...http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series. It's full of a bunch of great info.

Grey
    05-19-09 09:54 PM
    The only way you can upgrade to a leaked OS is through a connection to your PC. BUT...I don't think you should upgrade at this point. From the questions your asking, I think you need to spend more time on this forum and playing with your phone. Get to know it better. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. The questions you're asking are great questions, and this forum is absolutely the place to find the answers. But before you try an OS upgrade, you'd have a lot less trouble if you spent some time getting familiar with how the phone and Desktop Manager work, and they can both do for you. At the very top of all these forum sections are "Sticky" threads (they always stay at the top) that are FULL of great info about this phone. Also, check out this thread...http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series. It's full of a bunch of great info.

Grey
    05-19-09 09:54 PM
    Least im not the only one having this problem, ive had no problems with the new upgrade only with this keypad lock, the text and everything are fine and great.

without a leaked software which i dont wanna use, are there any other ways to fix this?
    05-20-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD