so i plugged my storm in this morning for my daily back up. It went good so i left for work came home on lunch to move some pictures and songs onto the phone with DTM and it prompted me for os update....DUH.... so i installed took about 20-30 minutes and now i have new os 4.7.0.141. ive been searching and searching the interwebz but i have not found this to be an offical verizon release. im kind of weary about unoffical releases so i know i didnt download this new os. i do have desktop manager 4.7 and i know it auto updates but does any one know where it came from???was this an accidental release??? i know RIM is good for that. i work advanced blackberry tech support for a major wireless carrier and i havent heard anything about an update like this. its doing pretty well tho i am enjoying the full qwerty while phone is held in vertical position. a little cramped but its functional. The change from landscape to vertical is much much faster and works a lot better. other than that i have not noticed any other differences im at work so i havent had a chance to really play arround with it.
    05-23-09 04:30 PM
    .141 failed testing for Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 04:32 PM
    you are wrong about something/everything you stated
    05-23-09 04:32 PM
    Lock your phone and press any of the 4 keys on the front. If you lock your device and put it in your pocket, you're not gonna like that version anymore. Go get .148
    05-23-09 04:34 PM
    you are wrong about something/everything you stated

what am i wrong about????all i stated was my usual routine and how i ended up getting this update. if your talking about the RIM ref i made well that means you never had alltel. RIM released the 4.5 OS for the pearl on their website 2 different times before alltel auth the offical release and if you do your research desktop manager4.7 does do an auto update

to the other posts i see what u mean...that glitch sucks... it seems to only come out of lock when i press the escape key. where can i find .148????
    05-23-09 04:44 PM
    to the other posts i see what u mean...that glitch sucks... it seems to only come out of lock when i press the escape key. where can i find .148????
    Here is a link to download .148.

BlackBerry Storm 4.7.0.148

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 05:03 PM
    what am i wrong about????all i stated was my usual routine and how i ended up getting this update. if your talking about the RIM ref i made well that means you never had alltel. RIM released the 4.5 OS for the pearl on their website 2 different times before alltel auth the offical release and if you do your research desktop manager4.7 does do an auto update
    everything highlighted in bold below is what you are wrong about

So i plugged my storm in this morning for my daily back up. It went good so i left for work came home on lunch to move some pictures and songs onto the phone with DTM and it prompted me for os update....DUH.... so i installed took about 20-30 minutes and now i have new os 4.7.0.141. ive been searching and searching the interwebz but i have not found this to be an offical verizon release. im kind of weary about unoffical releases so i know i didnt download this new os. i do have desktop manager 4.7 and i know it auto updates but does any one know where it came from???was this an accidental release??? i know RIM is good for that. i work advanced blackberry tech support for a major wireless carrier and i havent heard anything about an update like this. its doing pretty well tho i am enjoying the full qwerty while phone is held in vertical position. a little cramped but its functional. The change from landscape to vertical is much much faster and works a lot better. other than that i have not noticed any other differences im at work so i havent had a chance to really play arround with it.
    sorry but you phone didnt magically get 141 on it and like stated VZW already failed 141 quite a while ago
    05-23-09 05:08 PM
    This happened to me to put i didnt download it since i didnt know what it was
    05-23-09 05:11 PM
    so i plugged my storm in this morning for my daily back up. It went good so i left for work came home on lunch to move some pictures and songs onto the phone with DTM and it prompted me for os update....DUH.... so i installed took about 20-30 minutes and now i have new os 4.7.0.141. ive been searching and searching the interwebz but i have not found this to be an offical verizon release. im kind of weary about unoffical releases so i know i didnt download this new os. i do have desktop manager 4.7 and i know it auto updates but does any one know where it came from???was this an accidental release??? i know RIM is good for that. i work advanced blackberry tech support for a major wireless carrier and i havent heard anything about an update like this. its doing pretty well tho i am enjoying the full qwerty while phone is held in vertical position. a little cramped but its functional. The change from landscape to vertical is much much faster and works a lot better. other than that i have not noticed any other differences im at work so i havent had a chance to really play arround with it.
    On your computer go to the following and tell me what you see:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files
    05-23-09 05:32 PM
    Anybody understand this?
    05-23-09 06:35 PM
    take the red pill.
    05-23-09 08:22 PM
    Sorry but I gotta agree with horwarmat, a beta OS cannot magically appear on your phone. You had to have installed on your computer and allowed DM to install it on your phone.

If you "work advanced blackberry tech support for a major wireless carrier" you should know how BS this is, I'm sorry now that I think about it I believe you might work for Verizon considering some of the answers they supply LOL.
    05-23-09 08:36 PM
    Are you sure it's .141, or is the core applications thing? A few days ago, I plugged in my phone, and I had it prompt me for that. I'm not sure if anyone elses has, but it would have been very easy to mistake that upgrade for an O.S upgrade. The easiest way to check is to look at options > about and tell us what is says there
    05-23-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD