I certainly don't feel entitled to any leaks. My Storm works exactly as advertised, and so I consider any leak posted for the 9530 to be gravy.

While I do think there is a bit of unreasonable expectation permeating the tone of some posts in this thread, there are also some in this thread that have the latest builds that aren't particularly helping matters.

The 'haves' seem to be having a great time criticizing the 'have nots' for the crime of wanting.

"Just be paitient" and "It comes when it comes" is more meaningful when it's said by a true peer and not someone who clearly has the build in question. This is a waiting lounge. What are they waiting for?
    02-22-09 11:21 AM
    I heard .118 is right around the corner...
    02-22-09 11:27 AM
    I've been biting my lip long enough with this I think, but I can't do it anymore.

Valace, STFU OR GTFO!!! Ever since you showed up nothing positive has come of it. Shut up or stop posting. I'm sorry if anyone feels this is rude towards V, but frankly I'm tired of seeing constant moaning from him. Shut up, you're fracking it up for EVERYONE. You're not entitled to anything, I'm not entitled to anything, no one here is. That's how it'll always be no matter how much you moan.

So, shut up, look down, be humble for once and there might be some hope for everyone in the future.

There, I've said it, because no one else would. Ban me if you must, I'll gladly take my lashings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You won't get banned. You are Civic. On top of that you were expressing your OPINION. Kind of like how I think you are an arrogant git. That is my opinion.

You all want me to leave. Ok. Bye

Thanks for proving my point. Didn't get shouted down, had a mountain drop on me.
    02-22-09 11:33 AM
    Being new to smart phones I think this thread is very entertaining . Do you people realize how
    Cool it is to have a phone that gets better all the time. My last phone was a LG Voyager lol it
    Never changed I've had the storm since December and it just gets better faster more productive
    All the time now I won't feel the need to upgrade to get something different. I love my storm
    02-22-09 11:34 AM
    I've been biting my lip long enough with this I think, but I can't do it anymore.

Valace, STFU OR GTFO!!! Ever since you showed up nothing positive has come of it. Shut up or stop posting. I'm sorry if anyone feels this is rude towards V, but frankly I'm tired of seeing constant moaning from him. Shut up, you're fracking it up for EVERYONE. You're not entitled to anything, I'm not entitled to anything, no one here is. That's how it'll always be no matter how much you moan.

So, shut up, look down, be humble for once and there might be some hope for everyone in the future.

There, I've said it, because no one else would. Ban me if you must, I'll gladly take my lashings.

Its about time.... Totally agree. He would discourage anyone from leaking a beta.

02-22-09 11:50 AM
    Figure I will post this here.... Please visit this forum and look at radio's post on page 2.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/wh...-leaks-165532/

If you want a leak then shut up and be patient. Its cool to talk about what you want but being rude will get you nowhere

02-22-09 11:52 AM
    Oh, give me a break...Valace is FINE! A little impatient, yes, as are most of us. And give the leakers more credit than that...I hardly think a little bickering and impatience changes whether someone decides to leak an OS
    02-22-09 11:55 AM
    Figure I will post this here.... Please visit this forum and look at radio's post on page 2.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/wh...-leaks-165532/

If you want a leak then shut up and be patient. Its cool to talk about what you want but being rude will get you nowhere

Having said that, I think your discussion was a very good idea Cracka.
    02-22-09 11:57 AM
    Oh, give me a break...Valace is FINE! A little impatient, yes, as are most of us. And give the leakers more credit than that...I hardly think a little bickering and impatience changes whether someone decides to leak an OS
    I completely disagree. All this "demanding" leaks would deter anyone.

02-22-09 12:05 PM
    Valace and i chatted on PM a few times, and he/she (sorry, i dont know your sex lol) was a nice person. Thats that. It can be exciting im sure! Like Christmas morning. Just relax. Your phones are all performing better then VZ will let you have it anyway "officially", so no need to complain
    02-22-09 12:06 PM

Amen

02-22-09 12:08 PM
    I completely disagree. All this "demanding" leaks would deter anyone.

How so Shane? Who withholds leaks because people are ESPECIALLY desperate? Who goes "Well, I'm only gonna post this leak today if people are meh about it. They better not be overly excited/impatient..otherwise, I'll have to wait another day."

Besides, if anything, this is completely subjective...and to BASH a fellow crackberry member (I know this wasnt u that did it) for being impatient hardly HELPS the cause.
    02-22-09 12:14 PM
    Come on gang its just a phone! Deep breaths, serenity now serenity now! A leak comes when it comes! We are all family here members helping members. We come to CB we read and learn we are helped by others THEN we ourselves help others. Let's not forget ok!

02-22-09 12:19 PM
    People feel they are entitled to leaks. People may be putting their jobs on the line to give us a leak. Are leaks nice? Of course! But no need to get ride and say give me one now., if a complete stranger tells you that you have to do something for them that could cost you your job are you gonna be like yeah no problem? No you will get defensive. I can almost guarantee if nobody begs for a leak for a day or 2 we will get one

02-22-09 12:24 PM
    You won't get banned. You are Civic. On top of that you were expressing your OPINION. Kind of like how I think you are an arrogant git. That is my opinion.

You all want me to leave. Ok. Bye

Thanks for proving my point. Didn't get shouted down, had a mountain drop on me.
    I wouldn't blow that too much out of proportion. I'm not as invincible as you seem to think. I posted what I posted to give you a rude awakening. You needed it. You've had them before, but they never worked. Thing is, even my post above won't improve things. It's wrong of me to chastise someone to help others, but you need to realize that it'll always be this way. There will be people that have the releases and many others that don't. Sure it sucks, I would like them as much as you, but it won't happen any sooner if we can't all just calm down and get along.

So, here is what I propose. Take what you can get and run it. Report on your findings and go on with life until next time. Then repeat.

When and if an official release comes and you feel it's still short of capabilities, then you can complain due to valid reasons. This is all we can do at the moment.

Peace.

02-22-09 12:24 PM
    I endorse Valace2's assertion of a certain person. I don't think we are getting any less or more leaks than the 9500 crowd till now. Actually at first 9500 were getting the short end of the stick...
    02-22-09 12:28 PM
    Its coming today you can just feel it the leak that is. Whoever has the leak prob cant stop laughing at all this long enough to leak it
    02-22-09 12:36 PM
    How so Shane? Who withholds leaks because people are ESPECIALLY desperate? Who goes "Well, I'm only gonna post this leak today if people are meh about it. They better not be overly excited/impatient..otherwise, I'll have to wait another day."

Besides, if anything, this is completely subjective...and to BASH a fellow crackberry member (I know this wasnt u that did it) for being impatient hardly HELPS the cause.
    Think about it, if you had a beta that you could leak. And you had numerous posts of people demanding that it be leaked and arguing that it was there "right" to have it. If it were me, I would just not leak it. I personally think this has happen. But, my opinion. Could really care less. I am content with the betas and hybrids that out there now.
    Last edited by shanepark2; 02-22-09 at 02:24 PM.
    02-22-09 12:36 PM
    The attitude of people determines the leak. If you are complaining and making this forum miserable for everyone then the leak won't happen. If you are happy and helping people, which is what this site is for, the people in the position to leak will be more willing to

02-22-09 12:43 PM
    I repeat again. Let us waiters, wait for our leak. Leave us well enough alone. There is plenty of room on CrackBerry for everyone.

The only bad attitude are the people claiming there is a bad attitude. They come here all on their high horse telling us how bad we are then they shoot their wad and leave. It's like the iPhone fan-boys... Similar situation.

Anyway, I do not understand why people are all upset. Honestly this is the first time we didn't get a leak and 9500 did. It's been the other way around before. And the 9500 people are oh so perfect and friendly... They are almost godly. Come on people... Really?

Leaks happen and they are mostly random on certain people's whims... Do we deserve a leak? Well to me that's not the right question to ask.

Do we deserve a device that works like the commercial? Well, maybe at least 50% of the speed... To me it's false advertisement.
    02-22-09 12:52 PM
    I repeat again. Let us waiters, wait for our leak. Leave us well enough alone. There is plenty of room on CrackBerry for everyone.

The only bad attitude are the people claiming there is a bad attitude. They come here all on their high horse telling us how bad we are then they shoot their wad and leave. It's like the iPhone fan-boys... Similar situation.

Anyway, I do not understand why people are all upset. Honestly this is the first time we didn't get a leak and 9500 did. It's been the other way around before. And the 9500 people are oh so perfect and friendly... They are almost godly. Come on people... Really?

Leaks happen and they are mostly random on certain people's whims... Do we deserve a leak? Well to me that's not the right question to ask.

Do we deserve a device that works like the commercial? Well, maybe at least 50% of the speed... To me it's false advertisement.
    I agree Brian. People seem to think they're weeding out the jerks and idiots and whiners of crackberry by calling them "jerks" and "idiots" and "whiners." This achieves absolutely nothing and you're better off letting people simply express their opinions (even the whiny ones).

Also, I really dont believe that peoples attitudes and complaints has ANYTHING to do with when a leak comes out. Case in point was 3 weeks ago, when everyone started attacking Cx because they felt he was blocking leaks. This place got real nasty (although in the grand scheme of online forums, even the Storm section is saintly). And guess what, that SAME night, a HUGE leak came out for the 9530.

Now, I'm NOT trying to say that if we tear the place apart demanding leaks we'll get one sooner. I'm saying I don't see ANY correlation between leaks and attitudes and people should be able to express their opinions freely as long as they are following rules.
    02-22-09 01:03 PM
    I agree Brian. People seem to think they're weeding out the jerks and idiots and whiners of crackberry by calling them "jerks" and "idiots" and "whiners." This achieves absolutely nothing and you're better off letting people simply express their opinions (even the whiny ones).

Also, I really dont believe that peoples attitudes and complaints has ANYTHING to do with when a leak comes out. Case in point was 3 weeks ago, when everyone started attacking Cx because they felt he was blocking leaks. This place got real nasty (although in the grand scheme of online forums, even the Storm section is saintly). And guess what, that SAME night, a HUGE leak came out for the 9530.

Now, I'm NOT trying to say that if we tear the place apart demanding leaks we'll get one sooner. I'm saying I don't see ANY correlation between leaks and attitudes and people should be able to express their opinions freely as long as they are following rules.
    Radio is using .12x Os and has said we haven't gotten a leak because of attitudes. That seems like a direct link between the 2 but that's just my opinion, other people are entitled to their own

02-22-09 01:07 PM
    you aren't wrong.. at all. nobody debates that. we're all in the same boat. we want the phone to be everything it can be and right now, it isn't.. not even close.

the issue is whether or not this is where that concern needs to be voiced. that's where the "bad attitude" comments stem from. we're all just a bunch of random people here. sure, there are lots of folks here who should be considered "in the know" .. RIM employees, carrier employees, etc.. there needs to be a mutual respect among all of us. and i don't see that, at all. so to that point, civic is 100% spot on.
    02-22-09 01:14 PM
    Radio is using .12x Os and has said we haven't gotten a leak because of attitudes. That seems like a direct link between the 2 but that's just my opinion, other people are entitled to their own

You might be right Cracka, I'm not saying I'm sure. But to withhold an OS leak because some people are impatient or demanding while the vast majority of people wait patiently and are extremely grateful seems to be devoid of all logic to me.
    02-22-09 01:15 PM
    you aren't wrong.. at all. nobody debates that. we're all in the same boat. we want the phone to be everything it can be and right now, it isn't.. not even close.

the issue is whether or not this is where that concern needs to be voiced. that's where the "bad attitude" comments stem from. we're all just a bunch of random people here. sure, there are lots of folks here who should be considered "in the know" .. RIM employees, carrier employees, etc.. there needs to be a mutual respect among all of us. and i don't see that, at all. so to that point, civic is 100% spot on.
    But how can you make a point about being respectful to people while you are disrespectful in MAKING your point (a la telling Valace to shut up)?
    02-22-09 01:17 PM
404 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD