Is the color from .90 there? And speed?
    Sorry I am very satisfied with the Speed. As far as the color goes, I have not noticed that much of a difference. That just might be that I am not as observant (or picky ) as some others. Its not crashing or freezing I can restart it without worry, and it is fast. Thats all I can ask for.

That being said whoever has these betas please leak one. I wants it, i neeeds it!
    02-19-09 08:08 PM
    Sorry I am very satisfied with the Speed. As far as the color goes, I have not noticed that much of a difference. That just might be that I am not as observant (or picky ) as some others. Its not crashing or freezing I can restart it without worry, and it is fast. Thats all I can ask for.

That being said whoever has these betas please leak one. I wants it, i neeeds it!
    Thanks. I am one of the SPEED FREAKS. Luckily, I have a very stable .90 and the color is amazing since coming back from .103.
    I am right there with you regarding stability. Random freezing and rebooting was killing me for a while!
    What happened to those generous leakers from the past? Were they ousted? They all seem to go away, except for Don, after they leak it......

Crap......just had my first random reboot in the last 7 days.......s**t!
    02-19-09 08:11 PM
    I did go back and read through the Bold forums, and I was suprised as the number of bugs that I found. It did have alot of bugs at launch.

But the difference between the two is that the bugs the Storm suffered through were worse than the ones the Bold had. I would trade some internet speed, for a device that didn't freeze on me 3 times a day, and then give me errors when I tried to restart it.

Those bugs are fixed now, and for that I am happy, but I just think that the Storm has suffered from harsher bugs than the Bold did. That is Verizons fault though for rushing it out of the gate to soon.
    Don't start. back then you said the Bold had no problems. Listen I'm telling you that the Bold had problems also. I wouldn't not say one is worse than the other. And nobody can say for sure one was definitely not worse than the other.

Are you referring to the demo that were mostly going for the Iphone, etc.?
    Yes, they wanted to get some Iphone users. But generally, Storm users are younger than other model BlackBerry device users. And most do not use the device in the corporate/professional arena.
    02-19-09 08:12 PM
    Yes, they wanted to get some Iphone users. But generally, Storm users are younger than other model BlackBerry device users. And most do not use the device in the corporate/professional arena.-CX

It's funny, you can tell by their posts

CX, does the later builds that aren't leaked yet have the stability AND speed? Like .90 speed? I'm excited for our upcoming OS's!
    02-19-09 08:15 PM
    Yes, they wanted to get some Iphone users. But generally, Storm users are younger than other model BlackBerry device users. And most do not use the device in the corporate/professional arena.-CX

It's funny, you can tell by their posts

CX, does the later builds that aren't leaked yet have the stability AND speed? Like .90 speed? I'm excited for our upcoming OS's!
    Well, just every thing they do and say. It's obvious. But anyways, lol. Um, yes there is some speed difference, but stability is the key issue right now. What's speed good for when it's not stable enough to enjoy the speed. You all will be happy when you get to install some of the newer builds.
    02-19-09 08:21 PM
    im really missing a leaked OS. will it be another weekend with out a leak please hope not.
    02-19-09 08:29 PM
    It's more of a frustration. It's been 3 months and only getting a taste of how the phone should work. I love the concept of the storm and trying to be patient, but even I am reaching a boiling point.

It was nice when we had some info on what the new betas offered and it took a few annoying whiners to destroy that. I'm sure the mods were being pm blasted with stupid questions as well. "how many milliseconds does it take to turn to landscape from portrait?".."Yo son! send me a link!" blah...blah. We have tons of topics covered on the issues..mms forwarding, bbm freezing, etc..just would be nice to know that "hey .1xx fixed that issue"..Then at least I would know what to expect instead of having disappointments/frustrations when/if leaked.

Now we only get 1 post wonders stating I just came from my local mall and the Verizon rep sucking on his slurpie while drooling on himself said a new update will be out in an hour!
    02-19-09 08:39 PM
    Like stated above, I have noticed most of the corp. people I know who need accurate fast email with the ability to respond with long emails, they are going back to the curve.

-CX, will the newer builds make long emails and the keyboard more accurate?

I mean, lets be honest, considering the iPhone (sorry for the ref) tiny keyboard is actually not all that bad, why cant the HUGE horizontal surepress Storm keyboard be super accurate to correct your spelling even when you hit the wrong letter? I know the iPhone uses target zones on the keys so when you go to hit the next letter, the target zone will be bigger based on the word it thinks you are going to hit, combined with spell correction, pretty accurate for a tiny keyboard. Cant RIM do something like that?

-CX, will this get better, I really need super accurate typing for longer email response. If the T is next to the Y, and I accidentally hit the T, the Storm should know I meant to hit the Y based on the context of the word I am writing. Ya fallow?

any ideas when we might get a new os update? I am liking .103 but I know it can be better.
    02-19-09 08:41 PM
    Don't start. back then you said the Bold had no problems. Listen I'm telling you that the Bold had problems also. I wouldn't not say one is worse than the other. And nobody can say for sure one was definitely not worse than the other.

Hey now . I never said that the Bold was bug free. I believe I said that the Bold had no where near as many bugs as the Storm. Now I know different.

Still think the Storms bugs were worse than the Bolds though.
    02-19-09 08:46 PM
    i read somewhere here an official OS tomorrow??
    02-19-09 08:54 PM
    I just want a leak.........119
    Who is with me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 08:59 PM
    Wow, someone else sees this also. I mean, there are those of us that realize this, but this is the first I've seen anyone post about it on the forum. Good observation. There is a BIG difference in the demo from Storm users and Bold users. Actually, a significant difference from Storm to any other BlackBerry device. That being said, I'm not sure how much that has influenced the leaks or not, the demo that is. Even before .99 there had been many more builds that hadn't leaked than had. This is only proving much much more true as of late.
    Maybe those people got tired of all of the drama it caused. I don't know. It's not like the builds aren't out there. It's just that nobody has felt the need to leak them obviously. Anyways, not to rub it in, but the newer builds have made very good progress. Just be patient.
    Hit it on the nose. Couldnt of said it better myself
    02-19-09 09:01 PM
    First post and really p1ssed with CrackBerry.

I was quite content with my .100 until I read this Forum. Now I want .118, no I mean .119, or was that .12x? Whatever - and I want it NOW!!!!
    02-19-09 09:25 PM
    First post and really p1ssed with CrackBerry.

I was quite content with my .100 until I read this Forum. Now I want .118, no I mean .119, or was that .12x? Whatever - and I want it NOW!!!!
    I am the same....I have been browsing crackberry nonstop hoping for a leak and all I see are these OSs that are somewhere unavailable to us, with these great numbers and even better performances.....this is torture.........
    02-19-09 09:40 PM
    I'm at the hospital waiting on any word from anyone really haha. I'm running .103 and I'm pretty impressed overall. A couple freezes has been the only issue thus far and its been my first os upgrade since the official.75 that came on my phone. Now I'm here with you all biting my nails until we see the next leak. Thanks to radio and CX for providing us with what little insight we do have!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 10:25 PM
    OK I've been patient but it's 10 hours into Friday already!

I need my hit...
    02-20-09 04:06 AM
    Its not happening. Its all hype and desperation
    02-20-09 05:18 AM

Have to clarify what I said last night, didn't quite get my point across.

When I said what I said last night about the Bold, I was not trying to say, "yea I knew it all along, the Bold had alot of bugs, it was pretty rough".

I dunno if you remember a few weeks ago, I said that I was gonna go back through the Bold forums to see for myself how the Bolds and Storms launches compared.

Well I did. Can honestly say, I was wrong. CX was right, the Bold had alot of bugs at launch.

After looking back through the Bold's threads though, I still believe that the issues with the Storm were worse.

Yes the Bold had connectivity issues, but from what I read random reboots and freezing was very very rare. A few users mentioned having horrible issues with reboots, but I would prolly say that their berry is buggered. Most of the users also mentioned that .134 cleared up alot of the connectivity issues.

The Bold launched on Aug 22, 2008 with .124
    By Oct 10th .162 had leaked.

In just under two months they had gone through a possible 38 different versions.

The Storm right now is sitting on 38 over three months.

Not trying to argue or fight, CX just reporting what I found. Every Storm user has seen the VSOD and Media Card inserted issue. Just saying going from what I read that it is my opinion that the Storms issue were more severe.
    02-20-09 07:01 AM
    wow... how crazy can we get with on these rumors?
    02-20-09 08:43 AM
    Sorry dude, I think you're beating a dead horse to be honest. I know you're just trying to explain yourself and such, but its best to just leave it alone.

Not trying to be a di<k, just a friendly observation.

Have to clarify what I said last night, didn't quite get my point across.

When I said what I said last night about the Bold, I was not trying to say, "yea I knew it all along, the Bold had alot of bugs, it was pretty rough".

I dunno if you remember a few weeks ago, I said that I was gonna go back through the Bold forums to see for myself how the Bolds and Storms launches compared.

Well I did. Can honestly say, I was wrong. CX was right, the Bold had alot of bugs at launch.

After looking back through the Bold's threads though, I still believe that the issues with the Storm were worse.

Yes the Bold had connectivity issues, but from what I read random reboots and freezing was very very rare. A few users mentioned having horrible issues with reboots, but I would prolly say that their berry is buggered. Most of the users also mentioned that .134 cleared up alot of the connectivity issues.

The Bold launched on Aug 22, 2008 with .124
    By Oct 10th .162 had leaked.

In just under two months they had gone through a possible 38 different versions.

The Storm right now is sitting on 38 over three months.

Not trying to argue or fight, CX just reporting what I found. Every Storm user has seen the VSOD and Media Card inserted issue. Just saying going from what I read that it is my opinion that the Storms issue were more severe.
    02-20-09 08:55 AM
    Same old song and dance be patient.
    02-20-09 08:57 AM
    Sorry dude, I think you're beating a dead horse to be honest. I know you're just trying to explain yourself and such, but its best to just leave it alone.

Not trying to be a di<k, just a friendly observation.
    Just didn't want CX thinkin I was a poser, trying to make myself look better to you all by saying I knew all along how buggy the Bold was. I used to think that the Storm was buggier than anything that had come out before. Now I know different, we are certainly not unique.

Side note: my honeymoon with the hybrid .106 is over. Have had two misc freezes this morning. First time in three days. Course before I had been running the Darkblack theme, and this morning I switched over to give Appleberry a day. Gonna go back to Darkblack, because I don't think its a coincidence.
    02-20-09 09:11 AM
    Hopefully today is the day! Getting more Rihanna leaked pictures than OS's.. Poor girl. Valace.. Start a "Feb 20th" thread.. Just cuz you can.
    02-20-09 09:17 AM
    Hopefully today is the day! Getting more Rihanna leaked pictures than OS's.. Poor girl. Valace.. Start a "Feb 20th" thread.. Just cuz you can.
    I try an base my threads on something credible. I used to be against the idea of the waiting room threads because back when they were in the beta forum, they would always get shut down. Now that we have the lounge we can be more open about it. I only start waiting rooms if the OS has been confirmed to exist.. I open "Who wants a leak or ready for a leak or when do you think the next leak will be" threads just because I can .

As for Feb 20th, there is no fact or basis behind such a thread so I will not start one.

Feel free to start one yerself though.
    02-20-09 09:29 AM
    No thanks..
    02-20-09 09:35 AM
404 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD